World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > MMA and UFC Discussions

MMA and UFC Discussions MMA Forum is a mixed martial art forum dedicated to the different arts of MMA and the UFC results & The Ultimate Fighter discussion.

Old 07-17-2022, 10:24 AM

Thanked 6,700 Times in 4,950 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
UFC Fight Night 208: Blaydes vs. Aspinall 07/23

in UK so start time is 11am et

This is a decent card. Blaydes will be the best fighter Tom has fought. Can he keep up the momentum?

Heavyweight Curtis Blaydes vs. Tom Aspinall Blaydes will be the best fighter Tom has fought. Can he keep up the momentum?

Middleweight Jack Hermansson vs. Chris Curtis Jack has some impressive wins vs top guys but is 50% in his last 6. Curtis is a prospect. Heavy hands, also just fought last month. Will be a chess patch.

Lightweight Paddy Pimblett vs. Jordan Leavitt Paddy is a tough as nails fighter with a knack for coming back after getting his ass kicked. Leavitt can strike but has great subs.

Light Heavyweight Nikita Krylov vs. Alexander Gustafsson Both guys have 1 win in their last 4. Very good match up here.

Women's Flyweight Molly McCann vs. Hannah Goldy If you do not love Meatball McCann then you are not a fight fan. meatball will make Goldy fight who is on her way to better talent but still 50% in her last 4 as is Meatball but she has faced higher talent. Fight of the night here.

Light Heavyweight Paul Craig vs. Volkan Oezdemir Bear Jew has not last a fight since 18 (One draw in there) He is a monster on the gorund with ZERO decision wins, 13 subs and 3 KOs. He got two of those KOs in his last 3 outings. Oezdemir is a striker. He has power. He has to keep it standing or it's over for him.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
DaSarge (07-19-2022), MR. BMJ  (07-17-2022), StCLineman (07-22-2022)
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 07-17-2022, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Thanked 4,778 Times in 3,470 Posts
MR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond repute
Yea, decent card, hope it pulls through.

Main fight will tell us a lot about Aspinall. The guy looks phenomenal. His standup is fun to watch. I've been waiting for this fight since they announced it.

Volkan has been training with Khabib and those guys most of this year IIRC....not that it will matter against Craig if it goes to the ground, lol. Paul Craig is a fukken beast!

I wonder if Paddy will make the weight cut after ballooning up again, lol. Guy is a riot, i'm rooting for him, but he is not going to get lucky with a comeback to much more as he climbs up the ranks.
The Following User Says Thank You to MR. BMJ For This Useful Post:
StCLineman (07-22-2022)
Old 07-18-2022, 05:23 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Agree with everything you said bro.

The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
MR. BMJ  (07-22-2022)
Old 07-22-2022, 03:33 PM
Administrator

MR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond repute
Reminder guys, and as Jipped noted above, this event starts in the morning!
Old 07-23-2022, 05:27 AM

THANKS BRO!

My nephew is in town so no UFC for me,

Old 07-23-2022, 04:58 PM
Administrator

FUKKK!!!!

2 weeks in a row with a bum main event...WTF!
Old 07-25-2022, 05:28 AM

Heavyweight Curtis Blaydes def. Tom Aspinall TKO (knee injury) 1 0:15 Was at lunch with my son and my nephew when I saw this. BUMMER
Middleweight Jack Hermansson def. Chris Curtis Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 30–27) 3 5:00 Curtis took a big bump in talent with Jack. Good for him to not get finished
Lightweight Paddy Pimblett def. Jordan Leavitt Submission (rear-naked choke) 2 2:46 Paddy has good wrestling for a UK guy. he is also HUGE for the class
Light Heavyweight Nikita Krylov def. Alexander Gustafsson KO (punches) 1 1:07 Did not expect that. Alex can take a punch but he does get hit a lot. Nikita capitalized.
Women's Flyweight Molly McCann def. Hannah Goldy TKO (spinning back elbow and punches) 1 3:52 Meatball Molly is on a tear!
Light Heavyweight Volkan Oezdemir def. Paul Craig Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27) 3 5:00 Volkan is a tough fight. Craig was killing it but could not get the sub.

The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
MR. BMJ  (07-25-2022)
Old 07-25-2022, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
Heavyweight Curtis Blaydes def. Tom Aspinall TKO (knee injury) 1 0:15 Was at lunch with my son and my nephew when I saw this. BUMMER
Middleweight Jack Hermansson def. Chris Curtis Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 30–27) 3 5:00 Curtis took a big bump in talent with Jack. Good for him to not get finished
Lightweight Paddy Pimblett def. Jordan Leavitt Submission (rear-naked choke) 2 2:46 Paddy has good wrestling for a UK guy. he is also HUGE for the class
Light Heavyweight Nikita Krylov def. Alexander Gustafsson KO (punches) 1 1:07 Did not expect that. Alex can take a punch but he does get hit a lot. Nikita capitalized.
Women's Flyweight Molly McCann def. Hannah Goldy TKO (spinning back elbow and punches) 1 3:52 Meatball Molly is on a tear!
Light Heavyweight Volkan Oezdemir def. Paul Craig Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27) 3 5:00 Volkan is a tough fight. Craig was killing it but could not get the sub.
The card was decent, but not great. Paddy and Molly definitely were the highlights. The crowd was fired up, and it made it fun to watch. You could feel the adrenaline of the crowd as a fan through the screen. I was going to say the same thing about Paddy being a bigger guy in that weight division. It will be interesting to see if he can still perform the way he does when he may not have the adrenaline of the crowd behind him. Will he fall flat, or will he still have that energy? If he can find a way to energize the crowds like Conor did/does, then he will be fun to watch. I hope they give him a tougher opponent next time....like a top 10-15 guy. It's about time we start seeing him climb the division to see how he really performs. I'm not saying these guys he's fought suck, but we all know it's a different level as you get inside that top 10. All I know is that i'm a big fan of the guy. He has the ability to look and do stupid crap and still come off as funny and likeable...which goes a long way.

The Volkan/Craig fight was super close, I wasn't sure how the judges were going to call it. So maybe the camps that Volkan had with Khabib's team has helped him? I still can't believe he is in the top 10 with his record. The Lightheavy division is not very strong right now, imo. Disclaimer: the worse guy there can still beat my ass

Krylov beat the sh!t out of Gustafsson. I was not expecting that either. A lot of people are calling for him to retire.

The main event....somebody was gonna go nigh-night. They were trading blows that were not landing. It could have been because they were fresh and maybe after a round things would have settled down, but who the heck will ever know now, the way it ended

It sucks for Aspinall. He will have a long road of recovery ahead of him. Will he be able to still move and perform after it all? I hope so, I have love watching his fights so far, he is a beast!