World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Survivalist Prepper Area > All About Fishing

All About Fishing For all your fishing needs, knowledge, and stories.

Old 05-05-2020, 07:04 AM

Thanked 4,238 Times in 3,252 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
The WCBB, "Today's catch" thread.

Post your most recent catches here for us to peruse. Also post the technique you used, and other pertinent info that fishermen love.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 05-05-2020, 11:56 AM
Administrator

Thanked 8,523 Times in 5,595 Posts
Willis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond repute
the lake i live next to has been closed to everything the last 8 weeks. Fishing from the shoreline is now open to single parties. A dad cant even take his kid fishing lol... not that many are enforcing these types of bs rules but, its a shame they exist.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willis For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (05-05-2020), Friggemall (05-07-2020)
Old 05-05-2020, 12:04 PM
A1food4u A1food4u Is Off Line

Thanked 3,875 Times in 3,071 Posts
A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
gonna be working this weekend but will contribute the next!
Old 05-06-2020, 05:56 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis View Post
the lake i live next to has been closed to everything the last 8 weeks. Fishing from the shoreline is now open to single parties. A dad cant even take his kid fishing lol... not that many are enforcing these types of bs rules but, its a shame they exist.

Ahhh yes, california......I swear it has to be the most F'ed up place in the USA when it comes to knee jerk reactions to things.

I am sure they have some convoluted reason why and it probably goes back to "People MIGHT abuse it and say they are related when they are not."

Absurdity defined. We are open here in Texas and our gov said fishing is OPEN from the beginning. I went last night from the shore and helped a young couple out when they hooked a turtle.

Old 05-06-2020, 07:35 AM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 4,640 Times in 3,600 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
Ahhh yes, california......I swear it has to be the most F'ed up place in the USA when it comes to knee jerk reactions to things.

I am sure they have some convoluted reason why and it probably goes back to "People MIGHT abuse it and say they are related when they are not."

Absurdity defined. We are open here in Texas and our gov said fishing is OPEN from the beginning. I went last night from the shore and helped a young couple out when they hooked a turtle.
My family is from Washington (North California) and it is the same thing there. You can go to the grocery store, but you cannot go fish for your groceries.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
My family is from Washington (North California) and it is the same thing there. You can go to the grocery store, but you cannot go fish for your groceries.
Yeah, Washington and CaLI BOTH HAVE THE COVID real bad. Why are those states worse than say Texas that has had
"Shut down light" from the start?

Our gov came out from the beginning and stated fishing and hunting will not be curtailed and social distancing should be followed but nothing more than that.

Hell people were out in force throughout this thing. The boat launch parking areas have been full, the shores of good spots always have people all day, every day.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
Friggemall (05-07-2020), Genetic Freak (05-07-2020)
Old 05-07-2020, 12:11 PM
Administrator

Thanked 8,523 Times in 5,595 Posts
Willis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
Yeah, Washington and CaLI BOTH HAVE THE COVID real bad. Why are those states worse than say Texas that has had
"Shut down light" from the start?

Our gov came out from the beginning and stated fishing and hunting will not be curtailed and social distancing should be followed but nothing more than that.

Hell people were out in force throughout this thing. The boat launch parking areas have been full, the shores of good spots always have people all day, every day.
A two tear old girl went missing yesterday in my community. Within minutes hoards of people were out looking for her. The numbers grew very rapidly, at least a thousand in less than 15 minutes. Cops, our security, people on horses, quads, dirt bikes, side by sides ect. People were everywhere running around and on top of each other searching. not one was wearing a mask, not one practiced social distancing, and not one gave a shit. Every single person put that little girls safety in front of their own. I figured the blowback on social media from doing so would be harsh. As of yet *crickets*

the little girl was found hiding in her closet.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Willis For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (05-18-2020), Friggemall (05-07-2020), Genetic Freak (05-07-2020), jipped genes (05-08-2020)
Old 05-08-2020, 08:41 AM

Want to fish today but the wind is howling again. They call Chicago the windy city but Dallas is actually quite a bit windier.

When I retire and move I weather and wind will be a big factor in where we settle down.

Hell even if I was retired it is hard to fish due to 15-30 mph wind daily! Except in the dead of winter or middle of summer, winds are more mild. Wind will only be 10-12 mph tomorrow but out of the east.....when fish bit least.

I believe that. You know the old saying Out of the west, fish bite best, out of the south hook em in the mouth, east, fishing is a beast and out of the north go home.

There is truth to that, summer a wind out of the north brings cooler temps and turns em on. Other than that .... wind.

The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
Genetic Freak (05-08-2020)
Old 05-16-2020, 08:33 AM

Went out yesterday in the yak. Windy, 15 mph with 20 mph gusts. I got 1 bite but caught nothing. Still better than not fishing.

The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
Genetic Freak (05-16-2020)
Old 05-24-2020, 01:22 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 4,640 Times in 3,600 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Between yesterday and today my son and I fished a total of 9.5 hours and caught well over 100 crappie and another 25-30 bass. A lot of bass were in the 1-1.5 pound range, but we caught a few bigger ones. The one in the picture hit a top water frog this morning. I did not bring my hawg traugh to measure the fish, but my boot is 12.25 inches long and 5 inches wide. You can see how small the 4 inch frog is in the fish's mouth.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KIMG0359.jpg (173.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg KIMG0361.jpg (135.9 KB, 3 views)