World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Off topic > General Chat The lounge

Old 05-21-2020, 06:55 AM

Thanked 4,479 Times in 3,428 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
I have stepped over to the darkside.....of BBQ

I read brother Vandoo's thread and decided it was time. I have wanted a pellet smoker/grill for a couple of years. "Oh man Jipped, that is how sissy boys BBQ!"

Well maybe but I have spent so many hours babysitting a conventional smoker that the thought of it kind of turns me off BBQ. I mean I start at 5:30-6am. Sit outside with it monitoring the temp all damn day. By evening when it is done and the meat has rested I have no desire to eat it as I have inhaled enough smoke to equate to 3 packs of smokes. My eyes are gritty, I am coughing.

I just want to "fire and forget"

So I did what I love doing. REASEARCH! There are many great brands out there. Traeger, camp chef, pitboss ect. I think they are all good. I bought a Rec Tec. It is a smaller independently owned company that makes bullet proof smoker/grills made out of 304 stainless steel, not regular powder coated steel. They have an igniter that can be used 1X a day for 300 years. The ash can is strong enough a dump truck can drive over it without damage. The temp can go up to 500 degrees rather than many brands max of 400. Then it comes with PID electronics that use an algorithm to maintain temp within 5 degrees! Also it is WiFi so I can adjust cooking temps even if I am at the beer store. And lastly they have one of the best warranties in the business.

They call it an heirloom grill that will last forever. Granted I paid $200-300 more than a comparable pellet smoker but I try to buy the best even if one of the other great brands would have suited me fine.

I will let y'all know how it cooks after I get it and burn it in. My wife bought a brisket and some baby backs yesterday!

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (05-29-2020), DaSarge (05-21-2020), Friggemall (05-22-2020), MR. BMJ  (05-21-2020), Troop (05-22-2020)
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 05-21-2020, 07:39 AM
paramuscle paramuscle Is Off Line
Crusader by Choice

Thanked 1,276 Times in 865 Posts
paramuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome my son...... the dark side is strong and we are glad you have chosen us..... together we can ma.... ahh you get it.

I love mine. I have the pit boss 1300 pro 1300 in (I think) and I also have the Green Mountain when I travel. You are gonna love it man.... My GMG has a meat probe and wifi that texts me when my meat hits temp....

~PM
A1food4u (05-29-2020), MR. BMJ  (05-21-2020)
Old 05-21-2020, 08:33 AM
EXTINCT

Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,036 Posts
DaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Jipped ~ I have a RecTec too. It's a well built machine. Your BBQ will taste better once it's broken in.
And, as far as the "sissy boy" comments go, trust me, no BBQ is full proof. The finished product still has as much to do with the chef as it does the cooker.
Congrats on your purchase brother!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaSarge For This Useful Post:
jipped genes (05-22-2020), MR. BMJ  (05-21-2020)
Old 05-21-2020, 11:18 AM
The Flannel wearing Catnut!

3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute
The plan was a pellet-BQ; but I changed my mind
MR. BMJ  (05-21-2020)
Old 05-21-2020, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Thanked 3,005 Times in 2,280 Posts
MR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond repute
Yea, I have a 'baby-sitting' smoker too....fukk this shit, I don't have the time to cook anything when I have to go out every 10-20 minutes to check on it. It does well, but I have been wanting to buy something as well....so hopefully, I join the darkside as well.

Seriously, I can't wait!

Oh....almost forgot....

How much did you pay?
Old 05-21-2020, 01:19 PM
Administrator

MR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond repute
Just to add....if you haven't done it yet, smoke a turkey for Thanksgiving, and you'll never want it any other way! So moist and flavorful!!!
Old 05-22-2020, 07:43 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
I am stoked. Hope to get it next week.

BMJ, fried a turkey one year. It was OK, went back to smoking it. Injected with butter, there is no better turkey one can consume.

The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
MR. BMJ  (05-22-2020)
Old 05-22-2020, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Overall Cost spanky?
Old 05-23-2020, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. BMJ View Post
Overall Cost spanky?
I got the 340. it is the small one. $648 free shipping.

I figured I could get the small one and be happy. With it being so simple and user friendly with far less prep work and baby sitting, I can smoke/grill whenever I want to instead of having to set a whole day aside for it and doing a BUNCH of food. I then vacuum seal the leftovers and save them. they are good but not as good as fresh. Next step up is the 590 which is $900 plus tax.

https://www.rectecgrills.com/grills/rt-340

Last edited by jipped genes; 05-23-2020 at 09:55 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (05-29-2020), MR. BMJ  (05-24-2020)
Old 05-23-2020, 11:01 AM
EXTINCT

Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,036 Posts
DaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond repute
Hey BMJ...I got the RT680, which is essentially the RT700 but with a red lid. It's been a few years, but with some "add-ons" (cover, etc), seems like it was around $1200 shipped. The RT680/700 has a huge hopper on the back which holds probably 40lbs of pellets or so.
The smaller unit is perfect for weekly family BBQ's, but if you ever have larger parties, you'll need the next size up. I've been able to cook a couple tri-tips, a pork butt, and a sh*t load of chicken thighs at the same time. The extra space is nice...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaSarge For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (05-29-2020), MR. BMJ  (05-24-2020)