World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Survivalist Prepper Area > Firearms and other weapons

Old 11-02-2019, 08:58 PM
Community Veteran

blm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troop View Post
I am by no means a weapons or ammo expert but I can certainly attest as probably all of us can that ammo is different from manufacturer to another, even within their own lines of caliber. I wondered if it may have been a different type of ammo or the thread loosening up.
Sure is. I posted about a foreign ammo awhile back that turned out to be 33% higher in pressure than saami standards and damn near blew up my 9mm in my hand.
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 11-03-2019, 01:02 AM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 4,042 Times in 3,199 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
From what I read so far on the Remington UMC ammunition is that they use a cheaper powder that burns inconsistent. As far as Remington Core Lokt it is a quality control issue. I went and measured some of the Core Lokt rounds I still had left from that same box. Measurements were all over the place. The case and overall length were all within safe firing specs, but they were extreme left and right. One thing that concerned me was that I had one round that had a bullet thickness that was .14 mm smaller than the others.
Old 11-03-2019, 09:03 PM
WCBB Veteran

Troop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond repute
I don't reload like many of you do so I routinely fire factory loaded ammo. With that being said, I recently attended a shot show with only two factory ammo/weapons sales reps on site. Hornady and Sig. I was extremely impressed with Hornady. Of course it was a salesman but I had no idea the history that he shared with several groups. Hornady is family owned and there quality control department does not hire men. I found that interesting and before anyone could ask he elaborated that they inspect each round and women are more particular and would not allow imperfections to pass. In fact, if there is a scratch or anything on a casing, bullet etc... it goes into a pile that employees get for free I believe each month. The number of free rounds was high but not insane that I recall. Anyhow, I know my Colt Commando 11.5 SBR waste a lot of unused powder until I found a Hornady round made specifically for SBR's.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:39 AM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 4,042 Times in 3,199 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troop View Post
I don't reload like many of you do so I routinely fire factory loaded ammo. With that being said, I recently attended a shot show with only two factory ammo/weapons sales reps on site. Hornady and Sig. I was extremely impressed with Hornady. Of course it was a salesman but I had no idea the history that he shared with several groups. Hornady is family owned and there quality control department does not hire men. I found that interesting and before anyone could ask he elaborated that they inspect each round and women are more particular and would not allow imperfections to pass. In fact, if there is a scratch or anything on a casing, bullet etc... it goes into a pile that employees get for free I believe each month. The number of free rounds was high but not insane that I recall. Anyhow, I know my Colt Commando 11.5 SBR waste a lot of unused powder until I found a Hornady round made specifically for SBR's.
I have never had an issue firing Hornady rounds. My problem is in the design of their bullet. I have fired SST, A-Max, G-Max, Black and American Whitetail rounds. My 6.5 does not like A-Max or G-Max. Groups are around 2 inches with the lighter rounds at 100 yards. Not good enough for my 6.5. SST will shoot half MOA, but despite the polymer tip their terminal ballistics are full metal jackets on deer. American Whitetail rounds have a penetration and expansion problem, at least in 6.5 they do. Blacks are freaking amazing in .300 BO. I cannot think of a negative about the Black round.