World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Medical and Physical Therapy questions

Medical and Physical Therapy questions A place to talk about current and or past injuries and possibly how to deal with those injuries. Any advice should not be considered as medical advice, but rather from one person to another as you might ask a friend.

Old 12-17-2018, 01:33 PM

Thanked 2,854 Times in 2,456 Posts
millenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
Well thatís kinda your deal. Youíve used your methods and thinking and thatís brought you to where are stand today. You wonít take advice thatís contrary to your thinking. What youíre doing is like hitting yourself over the head with a hammer to cure a headache.
A former colleague of mine (psychologist) treats anxous/neurotic patients with a method called EMDR. It's worth a try. Not sure it will help with the nightmares though.

Old 02-04-2020, 10:50 AM
q-ball q-ball Is Off Line
Community Veteran

q-ball has a reputation beyond reputeq-ball has a reputation beyond reputeq-ball has a reputation beyond reputeq-ball has a reputation beyond reputeq-ball has a reputation beyond reputeq-ball has a reputation beyond reputeq-ball has a reputation beyond reputeq-ball has a reputation beyond reputeq-ball has a reputation beyond reputeq-ball has a reputation beyond reputeq-ball has a reputation beyond repute
Lexapro has done wonders for me. For years I had bad anxiety but would always stay clear of meds. The lexapro takes the edge off
Old 02-05-2020, 02:12 PM
Littleguy1 Littleguy1 Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Littleguy1 has a reputation beyond reputeLittleguy1 has a reputation beyond reputeLittleguy1 has a reputation beyond reputeLittleguy1 has a reputation beyond reputeLittleguy1 has a reputation beyond reputeLittleguy1 has a reputation beyond reputeLittleguy1 has a reputation beyond reputeLittleguy1 has a reputation beyond reputeLittleguy1 has a reputation beyond reputeLittleguy1 has a reputation beyond reputeLittleguy1 has a reputation beyond repute
Go outside and take a walk........really
And then try breathing excercises
Both sound too easy to work but I struggled with bad assed anxiety for about 3 years and was on all sorts of shitty anxiety meds etc none really worked
Anxiety is born between your ears YOU create it and feed it and CAN control it once I figured that out I was finally getting free and my life back.
Cheers
Old 02-05-2020, 09:50 PM
AlphaMale AlphaMale Is Off Line
Community Veteran

AlphaMale has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaMale has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaMale has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaMale has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaMale has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaMale has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaMale has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaMale has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaMale has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaMale has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaMale has a reputation beyond repute
I fully retired recently and it’s actually not very fulfilling if you find yourself stuck at home with no one to talk to because all your old buddies are still busy at their jobs.
Being on my fifties now I’ve had a lot of training related injuries and I’ve found myself stuck at home nursing injuries alone when I desperately want to be in the gym or at least pain free for awhile.
It’s a daily fight against complacency and apathy.
I have had bad anxiety for many years and countless meds but most of all it’s the lack of human contact that being retired can corner you into.
I recommend finding some sort of social club that is maybe not bb’ng oriented. Expand your horizons a bit.
I’m about to start playing Bingo on Thursday nights if things don’t pick up around here soon. There’s this anticipation that one builds up over the course their career looking forward to retirement but I’ve found that lack of work and lack of regular social contacts does cause anxiety which often leads to depression as the anxiety can become limiting in social situations. It’s easy to get stuck at home. Getting out of the house and being around people is the best cure, imo.

Last edited by AlphaMale; 02-05-2020 at 09:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaMale For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (02-10-2020)
Old 02-05-2020, 10:17 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 5,336 Times in 4,103 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaMale View Post
I fully retired recently and itís actually not very fulfilling if you find yourself stuck at home with no one to talk to because all your old buddies are still busy at their jobs.
Being on my fifties now Iíve had a lot of training related injuries and Iíve found myself stuck at home nursing injuries alone when I desperately want to be in the gym or at least pain free for awhile.
Itís a daily fight against complacency and apathy.
I have had bad anxiety for many years and countless meds but most of all itís the lack of human contact that being retired can corner you into.
I recommend finding some sort of social club that is maybe not bbíng oriented. Expand your horizons a bit.
Iím about to start playing Bingo on Thursday nights if things donít pick up around here soon. Thereís this anticipation that one builds up over the course their career looking forward to retirement but Iíve found that lack of work and lack of regular social contacts does cause anxiety which often leads to depression as the anxiety can become limiting in social situations. Itís easy to get stuck at home. Getting out of the house and being around people is the best cure, imo.
Yep, retirement was not all it was cracked up to be, so I got a job. The job was working at home and did not improve the situation, so I left that job and found another. I love my new job and everyone who knows me says it shows, as my entire demeanor has changed. I have life again.
A1food4u (02-10-2020), AlphaMale (11-22-2020)
Old 02-06-2020, 03:41 AM
Pen Sillman Pen Sillman Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Pen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by q-ball View Post
Lexapro has done wonders for me. For years I had bad anxiety but would always stay clear of meds. The lexapro takes the edge off
+1 for lexapro. Really helped me with anxiety, no drugged up feeling either.
Old 02-06-2020, 03:43 AM
Pen Sillman Pen Sillman Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Pen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond repute
I'm retired and don't think I could ever go back to work. I do tend to not do much in a day tho...
Old 02-06-2020, 03:59 AM
trip trip Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,669 Posts
trip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond repute
ditto alpha male and GF...……...the stats are very high about 50% end up depressed

mg, your natural tendencies when viewing anything, when it comes to "matching and mis-matching", ie comparing is to side/see the mis-match first, which is considered negative, it is not an uncommon tendency, yet, u do also tend to stay on that side firmly, ie, getting anchored to it....and while logically u can acknowledge the match or good part, it does not stick and or have emotional power in the memory for some reason

u'v knocked it down by 50% with time, because it does heal wounds...it should continue on that path of getting better...ultimately most of us are social pack creatures and we get our cues, dozens a day, in reference to security....and those are gone and thus security is not getting it's daily medicine

if volunteering doesn't seem to help, a job will restore balance u had
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trip For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (02-10-2020), AlphaMale (02-13-2020), Genetic Freak (02-06-2020)
Old 11-21-2020, 10:48 AM
Worldclassbodybuilder

jrod is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by millenium girl View Post
Before all my issues (health and retirement) it was at level 8 and now it is at level 4 or even less.
How are you feeling now?
Have you made any adjustments?
Old 11-24-2020, 09:38 AM
WCBB Veteran

Roughrydr has a reputation beyond reputeRoughrydr has a reputation beyond reputeRoughrydr has a reputation beyond reputeRoughrydr has a reputation beyond reputeRoughrydr has a reputation beyond reputeRoughrydr has a reputation beyond reputeRoughrydr has a reputation beyond reputeRoughrydr has a reputation beyond reputeRoughrydr has a reputation beyond reputeRoughrydr has a reputation beyond reputeRoughrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Get a kitten. Great stress relief.