World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Diet and Nutrition > Nutrition

Nutrition Ask questions and discuss any nutrition related topics here. Making nutrition education more meaningful through facilitated group discussions

Old 07-24-2022, 01:40 PM
Administrator

Thanked 4,640 Times in 3,376 Posts
MR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond repute
Comparison of canola oil and olive oil consumption on the serum lipid profile in adul

Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2022 Jul 22;1-15.
doi: 10.1080/10408398.2022.2100314.

Comparison of canola oil and olive oil consumption on the serum lipid profile in adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials

Behnaz Pourrajab 1, Elham Sharifi-Zahabi 1, Sepideh Soltani 2, Hossein Shahinfar 1, Farzad Shidfar 1

Affiliations expand
PMID: 35866510 DOI: 10.1080/10408398.2022.2100314

Abstract
Background and aims: Several randomized clinical trials have investigated the effects of canola oil (CO) compared to olive oil (OO) on the serum lipid profiles in adults. However, the results of these studies are inconsistent. Thus, this study aimed to assess the comparison of CO and OO consumption on the serum lipid components in adults.

Methods and results: The following online databases were searched until February 4th, 2022: PubMed/Medline, Scopus, Clarivate Analytics Web of Science, Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials, and Google Scholar. The effect sizes were stated as the weighted mean difference (WMD) with 95% confidence intervals (CI). A total of 13 eligible trials were included in this meta-analysis. The results showed that the CO consumption, significantly reduced serum LDL-c (WMD: -6.13 mg/dl, 95%CI: -9.79, -2.46, p = 0.001), TC (WMD: -8.92 mg/dl, 95% CI: -13.52, -4.33, P < 0.001) and LDL-c/HDL-c ratio (WMD: -0.30; 95% CI, -0.53, -0.06, p = 0.01) levels compared to OO. There were no significant changes in the other components of the blood lipids.

Conclusion: The results of this review suggest that CO consumption has beneficial effects on LDL-c, TC, and LDL-c/HDL-c ratio compared to OO. Therefore, its replacement with OO can have cardioprotective impacts.

Keywords: Canola oil; HDL-c; LDL-c; TC; TG; VLDL-c; oliveoil; rapseed oil.

Plain language summary
Consumption of canola oil (CO) and olive oil (OO), two widely consumed vegetable oils that are low in saturated fatty acids and rich in monounsaturated fatty acids have been recommended.We compared the effects of these two oils on lowering blood lipid levelsWe found that CO was the more effective oil to reduce low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-c), total cholesterol (TC), and LDL-c/high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-c) ratio, with no significant effects on HDL-c, triglyceride (TG), TC/HDL-c ratio, and very-low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (VLDL-c) levels compared to OO.
The Following User Says Thank You to MR. BMJ For This Useful Post:
Genetic Freak (07-24-2022)
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 07-24-2022, 02:37 PM
Lumpy Moderator

Thanked 6,791 Times in 4,243 Posts
Glycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond repute
Canola oil goes through a process to remove erucic acid which is cardiotoxic. Olive oil does not have such toxins.
MR. BMJ  (07-24-2022)
Old 07-25-2022, 05:30 AM

Thanked 6,530 Times in 4,852 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Huh, I have read canola oil is not good for you. I have used OO for almost everything. Will do more research. Thanks

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Old 07-26-2022, 05:41 PM
Administrator

Thanked 4,640 Times in 3,376 Posts
MR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
Huh, I have read canola oil is not good for you. I have used OO for almost everything. Will do more research. Thanks
I prefer OO as well, but there is a segment of "experts" out there who hate all oils seed-based, even though the literature does not support their theories. There are many other studies showing benefits of CO, and many other oils, hell even peanut and other seed oils. I don't understand the hate or intentional dislike for certain oils by some people. IMO, I think the best thing to do is mix them up, and not just rely on 1 single oil, then use them in low-moderate amounts as needed.

Personally, I like grapeseed, avocado, EVOO, and a few others the most, and i use them for whatever i'm cooking, and whichever one makes the food taste best, or dependent on the temperature i'm using. I don't really ever go out of my way to add more oil to my food, just enough to cook with....though i'll use added OO for certain foods for taste if no heat is used. Or, i'll add in stuff like olives for a little added amount.

And Glyco loves his OO because he is culturally biased as an Italian!!! Heh heh heh!

Fack me, I want some Italian food now