World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Articles By Author > Animal Pak Articles

Shoutbox

Old 05-25-2011, 06:13 AM
basskiller basskiller Is Off Line
Administrator

Thanked 18,579 Times in 10,774 Posts
basskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond repute
How much ya bench?

How much ya bench?

“Too many kids try lifting as much as they possibly can, looking to impress the people around them.”

The Schak Attack is back my brotherz to share with you the fourth chapter in the quest for the Iron Grail. Yes, it's chest day and we all know that you have been waiting for this. “Howmuchyabench?” .... that. You want to be a champion? Train like one. So let's get started because I know all you wannabes are foaming at the mouth waiting to learn your next lesson.

All chest workouts should first start with a press (and no, it is not a bench press). We are not powerlifting humanoids. We are bodybuilders. Some may disagree, but I don't usually do flat bench as this is mostly a front delt exercise and doesn't really hit the pecs as you may think. An incline movement such as an incline barbell press or dumbbell press will suit me just fine.

The part of the chest that is most critical to a judge is the upper pecs, which even the best of the best lack. Grab the bar a little more than shoulder width apart and lower the bar to your upper middle chest. Push up, contracting your muscle with each push. Do not lock out your arms. This is a great movement that adds thickness and density to the upper pec region. Do 5 sets, with first one being a thorough warm-up. Reps should be 15-12-10-10-8. Pile the ....ing weight on and push. Don't round out the shoulders when you push the weight up. Instead, keep the chest up and shoulders down on the bench, using your chest to push the weight.

Next in the arsenal is a flat bench dumbbell press. Dumbbells are much preferred over bars when it comes to flat bench because more pectoral is used and less shoulder, thus creating a bigger chest. Lower the dumbbell slowly to the side of your chest and push up contracting the middle portion of the pecs without locking out the arms. This is a good all around mass builder for all you beginners out there. Do 3 sets of 12. Go as heavy as possible… Don't second guess yourself and don't listen to “that guy” in the gym who thinks he knows everything. Trust your instincts. Use weight that is heavy for you but not so heavy that you can't do the movement the right way.

Your next movement should be a flye, preferably an incline flye. This is a good stretch for the upper chest and gives you the width of a barnyard door. On a 45 degree incline (no more than that, this is not a ....ing shoulder press) grasp the weight over your head. Bring your arms out to the side, keeping your arms bent slightly. As soon as you feel a stretch, come back to the starting position, contracting your chest. This is one of my favorite movements, because it really shocks the shit out of your chest and fatigues it fast. The pump is ....ing awesome.

Now you know what it feels like to have a big chest-regardless of how big you are, you know that you are growing. Do three sets here, 12 reps each. This is a shaping and stretching movement, so be cautious of the weight you're doing. Don't go too heavy and resultingly turn flyes into a pressing movement.

Let's see… Lastly we need a good finisher before we go home and start the growing process. How about a cable crossover? Two sets of this and your chest should be fried. From the top of the cable machine, grab each handle on both sides. Fly the weight down to the bottom of the chest, contract the chest and slowly return to the starting position. Do two sets of 15 reps each. This is a great finisher for your Olympian chest workout. Your probably pumped so much you can't even touch your chest-feels great, right?

Let's recap our fourth chapter in our five part series:

Incline Barbell Press: 5 sets: 15-12-10-10-8
Flat Bench Dumbbell Press: 3 sets: 12-12-12
Incline Dumbbell Flye: 3 sets: 12-12-12
Cable Crossover: 2 sets: 15-15
So, have you learned something? I would hope so. You learned to max out your intensity and not overtrain. With a total of 13 sets for chest, you have maximized your workout and trained like an Animal. Always remember pile the weight on for pressing, but be wary of form on the flyes-these are two totally different motions each with their own benefits. It's all about intensity and all out balls-to-the-wall training. Train with little rest in between sets and going as heavy as possible.

There is no secret to this shit, so stop thinking that there is. This is the kind of training that makes that side chest look picturesque on stage, making the crowd gasp in awe. Join me next time as we round out our five part series with a dynamic shoulder routine, one that is sure to round out those delts. Until then, train… Eat… Grow… Like an Animal
Thanks,
By: Schak

Feed the Animal inside you

Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 05-25-2011, 06:33 AM

Thanked 4,123 Times in 2,774 Posts
~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute
I owe my chest development to a solid year on incline only and only flat as a secondary and non essential part of my chest day. To this day I do 80% of my chest is incline first with either BB or DB's. Great article.

Btw. I don't care how much I can bench. Or how much you can either.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:07 AM

Thanked 3,476 Times in 2,778 Posts
A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
Through my younger years I mistakenly did almost all flat bench and fly movements. It gave me good developement over the lower to mid chest. I could never figure out why the fullness never developedat the top. Now I'm with RFG and incline almost all of these movements with much better results.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:20 AM
Community Veteran

Irishman has a reputation beyond reputeIrishman has a reputation beyond reputeIrishman has a reputation beyond reputeIrishman has a reputation beyond reputeIrishman has a reputation beyond reputeIrishman has a reputation beyond reputeIrishman has a reputation beyond reputeIrishman has a reputation beyond reputeIrishman has a reputation beyond reputeIrishman has a reputation beyond reputeIrishman has a reputation beyond repute
I never use flat anymore. Incline and fly movements only.

"The secret of discipline is motivation. When a man is sufficiently motivated, discipline will take care of itself."-Albert Einstein
Old 05-25-2011, 07:25 AM
Nigbo Nigbo Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

Nigbo has a brilliant futureNigbo has a brilliant futureNigbo has a brilliant futureNigbo has a brilliant futureNigbo has a brilliant futureNigbo has a brilliant futureNigbo has a brilliant futureNigbo has a brilliant futureNigbo has a brilliant futureNigbo has a brilliant futureNigbo has a brilliant future
I dont even like benching lol
i rarley bench and do all types of other stuff
Old 05-25-2011, 07:28 AM
Community Veteran

Location: with dogs, goats, donkeys, chickens and a miniature pig...
Thanked 2,718 Times in 2,383 Posts
Big B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond repute
good article..mostly incline for me as well, still do flat presses/flyes
Old 05-25-2011, 10:22 AM
AKA LUNATIC

Thanked 1,098 Times in 764 Posts
alpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond repute
Since my shoulder gives out at 175 pounds with a conventional grip Bench Press that all I can do. Close grips I'm repping 225 with a pause at the bottom..that's after not doing crap for 2 years or so. Thankfully, I'm working my way back up at a relatively quick pace.

I can't do incline either, but I seem to do ok with the Hammer Strength equipment.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:33 AM
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,662 Times in 1,380 Posts
trip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond repute
well, essentially zero

from 17-27 did 700 push ups a day, and obviously benched for years also

1993 was the year of major injuries, and since my neck surgeries in 2000-2001, and nerve damage on upper body left side that is permanent, i stopped for the most part in 2002, it has never ever felt right since

fortunately all those prior years paid off, chest is still decent