World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Articles By Author > Animal Pak Articles

Shoutbox

Old 07-06-2011, 06:47 AM
basskiller basskiller Is Off Line
Administrator

Thanked 18,377 Times in 10,666 Posts
basskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond repute
Train Your Chest Like The Pros. 7 Simple Steps

Train Your Chest Like The Pros. 7 Simple Steps

“The motion here is similar to the dumbbell flyes. “Don't go too heavy, or you'll begin cheating. This is a common mistake a lot of beginners make.””

Wanna’ train like pros? Well we caught up with a local IFBB pro and an amateur and followed them around on chest day. We talked to them throughout their routine (we thought they were going to hit us at one point). We took notes. Lots of ‘em. Here's the total chest routine, complete with weights and special tips. The whole thing took no longer than 50 minutes – I swear.

Step #1: Warm-Up
Perform 10 minutes of cardio (a stationary bike was used) and some light pullovers to stretch the entire chest area. Stretching and warm-up is key, he told us.

Step #2: Dumbbell Pullovers
"Lie with your back across a bench. With elbows slightly bent, lower the dumbbell below the head and then raise it to a position directly above your pecs." This exercise offers a full range of motion, so take advantage of it.

TIP: Breathe in on the downward movement and out as you push up. Also, having your elbows bent is good because it takes pressure off them.
Set 1: 100 X 15 Reps
Set 2: 110 X 15 Reps
Set 3: 120 X 20 Reps

Step #3: Flat Barbell Bench Presses
This is the bread and butter chest exercise. “Bring the weight down as low as you can, without actually touching your chest. I let it drop about 1" above my chest and just below my chin so that I keep my pecs stressed throughout the movement." Follow strict, smooth form.

TIP: You can vary the width of your grip. "I keep my grip slightly wider than my shoulders. This allows me to raise the barbell higher into the air, for additional work."

OPTION: You can sub with a Smith machine, especially if you're training alone. Keep in mind that free weights offer a greater range of motion and recruit more supporting muscles.
Set 1: 135 X 15
Set 2: 225 X 15
Set 3: 275 X 8
Set 4: 245 X 8
Set 5: 245 X 6

Step #4: Incline Dumbbell Bench Presses
Set the angle of the bench to approximately 30-35 degrees. With your elbows pointing directly out, perpendicular to your body, lower the dumbbells in a smooth, controlled movement.

TIP: To really target the upper pecs, lower the dumbbells to a point just below the chin.
Set 1: 110 X 15
Set 2: 120 X 10
Set 3: 120 X 10

Step #5: Incline Dumbbell Flyes
For this next exercise, lower the angle of the bench by 10 degrees over the dumbbell bench presses. "Try keeping your elbows bent at a 100 degree angle to avoid serious injury."
Set 1: 70 X 15
Set 2: 70 X 12
Set 3: 70 X 10
Set 4: 70 X 10

Step #6: Seated Machine Flyes
"I love using a Hammer Strength machine here. On this machine, you can focus on contracting your entire upper pec area."

TIP: To contract the upper pec area effectively, choose a grip that is slightly higher than shoulder level
Set 1: 150 X 10
Set 2: 150 X 10
Set 3: 150 X 10
Set 4: 150 X 10

Step #7: Cable Crossovers
The motion here is similar to the dumbbell flyes. “Don't go too heavy, or you'll begin cheating. This is a common mistake a lot of beginners make.”
Set 1: 100 X 10
Set 2: 100 X 10
Set 3: 100 X 10
Thanks,
By: Animalpak]

Feed the Animal inside you.... Click Below

W C B B Sponsors
Southern Sarms

Beyondsupplements
Myprotein.com
Strength.com
i-Supplements
A1Supplements.com
PowderCity.com
BulkSupplements.com
Egg Whites International <---100% Bio-Available Egg White Protein

Remember... Any advice given on this board is just an opinion and not to be taken as medical advice. WCBB doesn't advocate or condone use of steroids. Check the laws in your country. WCBB just provides the platform in which to discuss such matters
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL