World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > MMA and UFC Discussions

MMA and UFC Discussions MMA Forum is a mixed martial art forum dedicated to the different arts of MMA and the UFC results & The Ultimate Fighter discussion.

Old 01-10-2021, 10:37 AM

Thanked 4,968 Times in 3,790 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
UFC on ABC1 Holloway vs Kattar 01/16

Note this will start at 2:00pm cst. The UFC is back on network TV.

Featherweight Max Holloway vs. Calvin Kattar This is a big fight for both guys. Kattar is stepping up in competition with the former champ. Kattar has never been KO/TKO'd and last time he was stopped was early in his career back in 08. He is primarily a striker and wrestled in highschool. He is on a 2 fight win streak. Holloway too is tough as they come and never been KO/TKO'd and he was subbed early in his career but not since. He is on a 2 fight slide vs the champ (Volkanovski)I bet this one will be a stand up war!

Welterweight Carlos Condit vs. Matt Brown Great match up here. Two of the old guard. (Remember when Chuck and Tito were the old guard?) Matt is 40 and Condit is 36. Condit looked amazing and dominated Court McGee in his last one but lost 5 in a row before that. 3 by sub 2 decision. Matt lost his last one, Got STARCHED by Baeza in his last fight. He won two in a row but one in 2017 and one in 2019. Condit is a guy who uses volume to wear down his opponent. Matt looks to do the same with less volume and more power. Interesting match up.

Welterweight Santiago Ponzinibbio vs. Li Jingliang GREAT FIGHT HERE FOLKS! Santiago has a 78% finish rate. Mostly by Ko/TKO. Hard nosed and comes forward with a lot of pressure and faith in his chin. Step up for Li. He lost his last vs Magny. Never been KO'd and has a pretty even split between Ko/TKO, sub and decision. Look for Li to try to get it to the ground, Santiago will defend then explode and is a -240 fav.

Middleweight Joaquin Buckley vs. Alessio Di Chirico Another GREAT fight. Buckley is the guy who had the KO of the year with that spinning back kick. He won his last fight too by KO. POWER! Alessio has lost his last 3 by decision. He is tough and has a 70% finish rate in his wins. He has to get this win to stay. Buckley is a significant fav but do not count out Alessio. If I bet on fights I would put $50 on him. I think if he can withstand the onslaught early he can tire Buckley taking away the explosiveness and get the finish. If he cannot he will take a nap.

Middleweight Punahele Soriano vs. Duško Todorović Soriano is a Hawaiian fighter and is undefeated. 4 Ko/TKO, 2 sub 1 decision. He came from the contender series and Dana likes him because he is a savage. A southpaw that likes throwing the lead left with POWER and has good wrestling. Duško has been brought up the same way. Through the contender series and both guys have 1 regular fight and win in the UFC proper. Duško is more of a technical striker with high level kicks. He will kick the shit out of Soriano's legs, just watch. This will be a top fight with 2 undefeated guys, both with big power. Do not miss this one folks!

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (01-15-2021), StCLineman (01-15-2021)
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 01-15-2021, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,502 Posts
MR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond repute
Just bumping as this is for tomorrow night!

I like the main event! I've never seen Kattar fight....well, I don't see many fights these days, and I don't think i've seen him on a free one.

Brown/Condit! What a match, even today it is a good one to have on a card. Both guys have been of great significance in the UFC, probably more for Condit, but Brown is a badass for sure. I couldn't say who would win at this point, I haven't seen either guy fight in ages.

Ponz. I've seen him fight about a year or two back, and he is pretty well-rounded. It will be interesting to see how he faces the top of the division. TBH, I can't remember who I seen him fight as it's been awhile.
Old 01-15-2021, 05:05 PM
A1food4u A1food4u Is Off Line

Thanked 4,047 Times in 3,198 Posts
A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
sad face... I'll be at work.....
Old 01-15-2021, 05:06 PM
WCBB Veteran

StCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond repute
Don’t forget it’s tomorrow afternoon not a nighttime event this time for those of us in the states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. BMJ View Post
Just bumping as this is for tomorrow night!

I like the main event! I've never seen Kattar fight....well, I don't see many fights these days, and I don't think i've seen him on a free one.

Brown/Condit! What a match, even today it is a good one to have on a card. Both guys have been of great significance in the UFC, probably more for Condit, but Brown is a badass for sure. I couldn't say who would win at this point, I haven't seen either guy fight in ages.

Ponz. I've seen him fight about a year or two back, and he is pretty well-rounded. It will be interesting to see how he faces the top of the division. TBH, I can't remember who I seen him fight as it's been awhile.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StCLineman For This Useful Post:
blm (01-15-2021), jipped genes (01-16-2021), MR. BMJ  (01-15-2021)
Old 01-15-2021, 07:24 PM
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,306 Times in 944 Posts
blm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by StCLineman View Post
Don’t forget it’s tomorrow afternoon not a nighttime event this time for those of us in the states.
Well hell. I'll be working.
Old 01-15-2021, 10:07 PM
Administrator

Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,502 Posts
MR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond repute
Yea, i';m not sure I was gonna be able to watch it anyway, as I do bnot think I have ABC1....

Is abc1 a pay channel?
Old 01-16-2021, 09:53 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. BMJ View Post
Yea, i';m not sure I was gonna be able to watch it anyway, as I do bnot think I have ABC1....

Is abc1 a pay channel?
I think it should be included with stuff like HULU or other streaming services or if you have cable.

Old 01-16-2021, 07:57 PM

....ing AWESOME main event! In-....ING-credible

Featherweight Max Holloway def. Calvin Kattar Decision (unanimous) (50–43, 50–43, 50–42) 5 5:00 Max Holloway was on point. Almost 700 strikes thrown and landed at a high %. Kattar is so tough. He was almost done several times but kept fighting. WATCH THIS ONE if you missed it!

Welterweight Carlos Condit def. Matt Brown Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27) 3 5:00 With these two guys you were expecting fireworks but got a technical battle and a tired Matt Brown. Time for Brown to retire? Condit appears revitilized.

The first 3 fights on the main card had NASTY KOs and one TKO. Buckley and Ponzinibbio went out COLD! Soriano showed massive power.

Welterweight Li Jingliang def. Santiago Ponzinibbio KO (punch) 1 4:25
Middleweight Alessio Di Chirico def. Joaquin Buckley KO (head kick) 1 2:12
Middleweight Punahele Soriano def. Duško Todorović TKO (punches) 1 4:48

The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
StCLineman (01-17-2021)
Old 01-17-2021, 05:08 PM
WCBB Veteran

StCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond repute
Great night of fights!
Old 01-17-2021, 10:53 PM
BUBBA289 BUBBA289 Is Off Line
Community Veteran

BUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond repute
Holloway looked incredible!