World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Bodybuilding and Fitness Training Journals

Bodybuilding and Fitness Training Journals Keep track of your daily training routine. An interactive way to track your progress. Have others follow and help with your progress

Old 06-23-2022, 01:12 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 7,987 Times in 5,943 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Squats (6) feeder sets, 365 lbs x 24 (Narrow stance, feet inside the shoulders.)
Close grip pin presses (4) feeder sets, 275 lbs x 15
Laying dumbbell extensions (2) feeder sets, 60 lbs x 15
Band tricep stretch 60 seconds
Cable curls (4) feeder sets, 95 lbs x 16
Rope cable curls (1) feeder sets, 75 lbs x 13
Band bicep stretch 60 seconds

Went to breakfast with my buddies and finished my workout when I returned.

Sissy squats (2) feeder sets, BW x 13 (I do these in the squat rack. I set the pin where it is just behind my knee and place the squat pad around the pin. Then I lean against the pad and place my feet behind me on the other side of the squat cage. It is not really comfortable on your toes, as they push into the squat cage, but it is awesome for the movement. Then just act like you are sitting down and getting up. The key is keeping your upper body slightly leaning back. It will tear your quads up.)
Quad stretch 60 seconds
Dumbbell SLDL (2) feeder sets, 90 lbs x 22
SLDL stretch 60 seconds
Standing calf raises BW + 90 lbs x 50/50
Calf stretch 30 seconds

No one gives a f**k about you once it inconveniences them.
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 06-23-2022, 08:36 PM
Donating Member

cockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond repute
So you're using the squat cage to hold your feet in place while you perform the movement?
Old 06-24-2022, 06:43 AM

Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockswole_gentlemen View Post
So you're using the squat cage to hold your feet in place while you perform the movement?
Correct. I actually found that placing my feet slightly behind me like that makes the movement so much better. If the angle makes it too difficult you can rig a band to the top of the cage and help pull yourself up or reach out and grab the uprights of the cage, but you have to maintain at a minimum an upright angle of the spine. If grabbing the cage or band causes you to lean forward during the movement you might as well just do squats.

Last edited by Genetic Freak; 06-24-2022 at 06:48 AM.
Old 06-24-2022, 11:16 AM

Incline dumbbell fly (4) warm up sets
Incline dumbbell press (2) feeder sets, 150 lbs x 14 (I was very pleased with this, as I didn't feel all that great going into the set, but I kept my feeder set reps lower than usual to save a little for this set and it worked.)
Incline dumbbell fly stretch 60 seconds
V-grip pull downs (4) feeder sets, 260 lbs x 11
T-bar row (2) feeder sets, 9 plates x 10 (These are so much harder when you do them second in your back workout. I usually do them first and get 12+ reps.)
Hanging lat stretch 2x30 seconds (Forearm pump was too much to hang for 60 seconds.)
Face pulls (4) warm up sets
Hammer strength shoulder press (3) feeder sets, 4 pps x 17 (I should have went to 5 pps, but I wasn't sure, plus I am not sure if 5 plates actually fit on there. It looks like only about half the plate will make it on there, but I do that on hack squats all the time and the staff at the gym doesn't complain.)
Cross body band shoulder stretch 60 seconds
Hands behind the back shoulder stretch 60 seconds

Old 06-24-2022, 08:04 PM
Donating Member

cockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond repute
I might have to try emulating that. I'm interested in the movement, and tried doing it similarly on the Smith bar with a wrap around it. But I tried using dumbbells to hold my feet and it didn't really work.
The Following User Says Thank You to cockswole_gentlemen For This Useful Post:
Genetic Freak (06-25-2022)
Old 06-27-2022, 07:30 PM

Front squats (5) feeder sets, 315 lbs x 15 (My forearms gave out before my quads even started to engage. I just need to invest in a front squat yoke, so I don't have to hold the bar up there.)
Jonh Meadow's Bulgarian Split Squat Drop Set of Death
Sissy squat to failure (I could not get my quads to engage at all today, so I threw these in there to make sure they got hit.)
Quad stretch 60 seconds
Reverse hamstring curl (4) warm up sets
Barbell hip thrusts (2) feeders sets, 495 lbs x 16 (Been a while since I have done these. Should have gotten more, but my glutes were fried from the drop set of death.)
SLDL stretch 60 seconds
Barbell skull crushers (4) feeder sets, 155 lbs x 22/9/6 (15 breath rest pause between working sets.)
Band tricep stretch 60 seconds
Dumbbell preacher curls (4) feeder sets, 45 lbs x 14/40 lbs x 6/35 lbs x 4/30 lbs x 3 (Drop set.)
Band bicep stretch 60 seconds

Old 06-28-2022, 04:49 AM
millenium girl millenium girl Is Off Line

Thanked 3,149 Times in 2,707 Posts
millenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry I haven’t been around GF but I was at the Police Academy for 2 weeks learning technoprevention techniques to prevent burglaries and then I had to study 2 more weeks preparing for the exam that took place yesterday. I’m waiting for the results. I was so stressed out that I could barely sleep or eat since May 30 ……

I have a lot of catching up to do ….
Old 06-28-2022, 06:17 AM

Why were you doing that MG? Sick of retirement?

Old 06-28-2022, 12:48 PM

Incline dumbbell fly (4) warm up sets
Lat rows (4) feeder sets, 95 lbs x 17/7/6 (15 breath rest pause between working sets.)
Knuckle dragging side laterals (3) feeder sets, 25 lbs x 20/11/11 (15 breath rest pause between working sets.)
Incline reverse grip bench press (2) warm up sets (I was trying to make this my prime movement, but it didn't feel right. 135 felt fine, but 185 felt awkward.)
Incline bench press (2) feeder sets, 275 lbs x 16/6/5 (15 breath rest pause between working sets. I went deep with each of these reps, briefly touching the chest with each rep. I usually only go to chin depth to keep the shoulders out of it, since I have a wide grip.)
Incline dumbbell fly stretch 90 seconds
Corner bar row (5) feeder sets, 6 plates x 19/4 plates x 22 (back off set)
Hanging lat stretch 2x45 seconds
Band rear delt fly (2) feeder sets, 50 lbs x 24/16/15 (15 breath rest pause between working sets.)
Cross body band shoulder stretch 45 seconds
Handcuff stretch 90 seconds

Old 06-28-2022, 10:15 PM
millenium girl millenium girl Is Off Line

Thanked 3,149 Times in 2,707 Posts
millenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
Why were you doing that MG? Sick of retirement?
There are more and more burglaries in this area and I wish I was still in uniform …. That said I still go to the animal rescue every day.
Genetic Freak (06-29-2022)