World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Survivalist Prepper Area > All About Fishing

All About Fishing For all your fishing needs, knowledge, and stories.

Old 05-25-2020, 08:32 AM

Thanked 4,238 Times in 3,252 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Nice brother! Bite is still hard here. I just cannot get on the fish. I went yesterday for about 2 hours with a buddy and his step son who LOVES fishing. My buddy has been once.....with me.

He has a small snelled baitholder hook like for bluegills tied with a granny knot to the main line of his brand new walmart special rod and reel combo and then hooked a pink "fluke" soft plastic on it. The point of the hook was buried.

I cut his line and the snelled line off his hook. Re-did it with a small weight and a bobber. He ended up catching a couple little bluegill. The kid also had a good time fishing and caught a few himself with no help.

I tied on a small crappie jig and caught 15-20 little bluegill and sunfish. Kind of reminded me when I was a kid. Also walked the bank with my bass baits, not one bite.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 05-25-2020, 11:05 AM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 4,640 Times in 3,600 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
Nice brother! Bite is still hard here. I just cannot get on the fish. I went yesterday for about 2 hours with a buddy and his step son who LOVES fishing. My buddy has been once.....with me.

He has a small snelled baitholder hook like for bluegills tied with a granny knot to the main line of his brand new walmart special rod and reel combo and then hooked a pink "fluke" soft plastic on it. The point of the hook was buried.

I cut his line and the snelled line off his hook. Re-did it with a small weight and a bobber. He ended up catching a couple little bluegill. The kid also had a good time fishing and caught a few himself with no help.

I tied on a small crappie jig and caught 15-20 little bluegill and sunfish. Kind of reminded me when I was a kid. Also walked the bank with my bass baits, not one bite.
The bass were on their spawning beds, which made them really easy to see. If you seen a patch of gravel through the grass you just had to throw it in the gravel patch to get a hit, but you had to be in it. They would not move off except for about the first hour in the morning. The crappie bite was pretty awesome. I introduced my son to old man fishing. We were not allowed to get out of the camping chair to cast or land the fish. It was a good time.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:10 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
The bass were on their spawning beds, which made them really easy to see. If you seen a patch of gravel through the grass you just had to throw it in the gravel patch to get a hit, but you had to be in it. They would not move off except for about the first hour in the morning. The crappie bite was pretty awesome. I introduced my son to old man fishing. We were not allowed to get out of the camping chair to cast or land the fish. It was a good time.
HAHA!!! LOve it. Our bass pawn is over. Bluegill are spawning. Shad are done as well and I missed it. When you catch shad spawning along riprap banks, just throw anything silver or white and you will catch EVERY species of predatory fish from cats to stripers.

The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
Genetic Freak (05-26-2020)
Old 06-02-2020, 06:26 AM

Floated the river it is swollen and hard to fish. Had several schools of small bass chase my lures but I was using bigger stuff and they were too small to hook. Still awesome time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg river1.jpg (141.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg river2.jpg (177.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg river3.jpg (118.7 KB, 1 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
Genetic Freak (06-02-2020)
Old 06-02-2020, 10:56 AM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 4,640 Times in 3,600 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
Floated the river it is swollen and hard to fish. Had several schools of small bass chase my lures but I was using bigger stuff and they were too small to hook. Still awesome time.
At least you got out brother. Hopefully the rains are done for the season and the rivers come down. I am sick of lake fishing.