World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Off topic > General Chat The lounge

Old 11-17-2020, 05:04 PM
Administrator

Thanked 8,816 Times in 5,781 Posts
Willis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond repute
Ares You Kidding Me? Hot S1 Project Spyder Is a C8 Corvette in Disguise

This is what happens when you give the world a mid-engined chassis for less than $60,000.

Perhaps an unintended consequence of the Chevrolet C8 Corvette's existence is that Chevrolet has put a mid-engine sports car blank canvas with a big V-8 in the hands of anyone who can come up with $59,999 (assuming you can find one for that price). Enter the Ares Design S1 Project Spyder, the roofless version of the S1 Project.

MORE
https://www.motortrend.com/news/ares...c8-coachbuilt/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willis For This Useful Post:
Biter (11-23-2020), Friggemall (11-18-2020)
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 11-17-2020, 06:50 PM

Thanked 4,045 Times in 3,196 Posts
A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
That looks pretty kick ass
Old 11-18-2020, 12:06 PM
Roughrydr Roughrydr Is Off Line
WCBB Veteran

Roughrydr has a reputation beyond reputeRoughrydr has a reputation beyond reputeRoughrydr has a reputation beyond reputeRoughrydr has a reputation beyond reputeRoughrydr has a reputation beyond reputeRoughrydr has a reputation beyond reputeRoughrydr has a reputation beyond reputeRoughrydr has a reputation beyond reputeRoughrydr has a reputation beyond reputeRoughrydr has a reputation beyond reputeRoughrydr has a reputation beyond repute
These are similarities. But some differences stand out as well. The front end is very close to the corvette. But the back end is different. I think I actually like the new corvettes better
I would drive it if I had it. But I'd rather have aLamborghini. Or a Ford GT.

Last edited by Roughrydr; 11-18-2020 at 12:09 PM.
Old 11-18-2020, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Willis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughrydr View Post
These are similarities. But some differences stand out as well. The front end is very close to the corvette. But the back end is different. I think I actually like the new corvettes better
I would drive it if I had it. But I'd rather have aLamborghini. Or a Ford GT.
Itís certainly not trying to retain the lines of a classic vette. The one reason I donít consider the C8 a vette at all. A kick ass car, yes. A vette, nope.
Old 11-18-2020, 03:27 PM

Thanked 4,956 Times in 3,781 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
I have to have a top. I have no desire to own a convertible or even a targa top. I have a sunroof I use 6 times a year.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Old 11-18-2020, 04:35 PM
mailboxkillR mailboxkillR Is Off Line
Community Veteran

mailboxkillR has a reputation beyond reputemailboxkillR has a reputation beyond reputemailboxkillR has a reputation beyond reputemailboxkillR has a reputation beyond reputemailboxkillR has a reputation beyond reputemailboxkillR has a reputation beyond reputemailboxkillR has a reputation beyond reputemailboxkillR has a reputation beyond reputemailboxkillR has a reputation beyond reputemailboxkillR has a reputation beyond reputemailboxkillR has a reputation beyond repute
nope not for me I got in my friends camaro i was like how the F do you sit in this thing it took me forever to actually get in it and even worse getting out I thought I was going have to tuck and roll. I almost felt claustrophobic in it.
Old 11-19-2020, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailboxkillR View Post
nope not for me I got in my friends camaro i was like how the F do you sit in this thing it took me forever to actually get in it and even worse getting out I thought I was going have to tuck and roll. I almost felt claustrophobic in it.
When you use a car the way itís designed to be used the ďcockpitĒ is a luxury. Normal day to day driving makes it a giant pain in the ass. My Vette has 3k 5 point German leather racing seats and it sucks to get in and out. BUT, when driving at excessive speeds and cornering, and you are as stuck to the car as you are the road, itís a feeling that makes it very worth!
Old 11-19-2020, 03:53 PM
mailboxkillR mailboxkillR Is Off Line
Community Veteran

mailboxkillR has a reputation beyond reputemailboxkillR has a reputation beyond reputemailboxkillR has a reputation beyond reputemailboxkillR has a reputation beyond reputemailboxkillR has a reputation beyond reputemailboxkillR has a reputation beyond reputemailboxkillR has a reputation beyond reputemailboxkillR has a reputation beyond reputemailboxkillR has a reputation beyond reputemailboxkillR has a reputation beyond reputemailboxkillR has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis View Post
When you use a car the way itís designed to be used the ďcockpitĒ is a luxury. Normal day to day driving makes it a giant pain in the ass. My Vette has 3k 5 point German leather racing seats and it sucks to get in and out. BUT, when driving at excessive speeds and cornering, and you are as stuck to the car as you are the road, itís a feeling that makes it very worth!
I don't doubt it but my old lunky rickety ass getting and out of the cockpit is embarrassing. Now give me my harley going around 100+ and go by a tractor trailer on a 2 lane road that's my kinda thrill. I've done the rockets at 150+ really didn't do much for me but the ohhh shit hang on because you are about to be blown off the bike that's my kinda rush lol
Old 11-19-2020, 06:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailboxkillR View Post
I don't doubt it but my old lunky rickety ass getting and out of the cockpit is embarrassing.
Iíve learned to slow roll my exit lol. Maybe itís not a big thing to me because my vette isnít my daily driver, my Tundra is.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willis For This Useful Post:
Biter (11-23-2020), mailboxkillR (11-19-2020)
Old 11-21-2020, 09:55 AM

Thanked 4,956 Times in 3,781 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis View Post
I feel ya. I have Recaro racing seats in mine with high bolsters. They are not as bad as super aggressive hardcore racing seats. I keep the seat back when getting in and out. Makes it easier. Also being a skinny guy, I can swing my narrow ass into the bucket, then pull in my legs. Getting out is just the opposite.

Honestly i wish I had regular power leather seats instead of the racing seats. They do hug the body but are not great for long trips. Also they wear out faster as there is so much friction getting in and out.

that car looks awesome. Says there is a fixed top version as well. Also they modded the motor up to 715 normally aspirated HP which is AWESOME! I love the scream of a NA high strung NA motor. Turbo and SCs are cool (My car is turbo) but NA sounds so much cooler.

I think I would just get the C8 vette and mod it myself. Oh, look at the exhaust. It is top exit from the "trunk" deck lid.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."