World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Boxing

Shoutbox

Boxing Boxing forum with discussions on the latest boxing news, upcoming fights, results and boxing history

Old 08-31-2019, 08:23 AM

Thanked 3,634 Times in 2,811 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Vasiliy Lomachenko Vs. Luke Campbell 8/21 espn+

So I can watch this one. I think Vasiliy was -2500 when betting odds started down to -1900 last i checked and Campbell is +1000 so bet $100 and win $1,000 if he pulls off the upset of the decade.

Both guys had decorated amateur records.

Campbell is a great boxer with six inches of reach and a height advantage over Vasiliy. Both guys are left handers. Campbell has 8 more pro fights and 7 more pro wins.

BUT.....he has never faced a guy like Vasiliy who is arguably in the top PFP boxer in the world. Vasiliy defies physics with his slips and counters. Longer arms are great for a boxer who wishes to stay on the outside and throw straight punches. keep em on the end of the jab. But Vasiliy will slip the jabs and come into the inside to throw his combos there. This will be Campbell's undoing if he cannot keep him on the outside (Which I fear he cannot)

Anyway, I do not see Campbell getting steamrolled in the early rounds. he will make a fight of it and will have SOME success. BUT ultimately I feel he will get stopped, between rounds 7-9.

If you have not seen Vasiliy fight it is well worth watching. He is straight from the matrix. People talk about Ali's footwork and it is a thing to behold but Vasiliy's is quicker, and better. Come on guys, don't roast me over that. It is true, just like Bruce Lee was arguably the best in his time, he would get wrecked by an MMA fighter now. It is the mystique that lingers.

Watch these highlights and decide for yourself. (Also Ali was a HW and is obviously going to be slower.)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 08-31-2019, 09:57 AM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 3,963 Times in 3,139 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
I am on board brother. I think you called it. Unfortunately I will not be watching it, at least not live. Opening weekend of college football...
Old 09-01-2019, 04:58 AM
Machiavelli Machiavelli Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Machiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond repute
Was never any doubt for me... For boxing ability... I'm struggling to think of someone I have seen who is as good.
Old 09-01-2019, 08:10 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Campbell was game and he showed he was a warrior. Those body shots from Loma were devastating. For those who have never been hit with a sharp body punch do not get how it may be worse than getting dazed with a head shot. Personally I think it easier to recover form a shot to the dome than a really good body shot especially to the liver.

I enjoyed the fight. It was not a knock down drag out but both guys showed great technique and Loma is the best, no doubt.

Old 09-01-2019, 05:37 PM

Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah Campbell felt it alright. He took a ride to the hospital immediately after the fight.
Old 09-03-2019, 06:13 AM

It was very technical but Loma is on a diff level.

Old 09-03-2019, 06:56 PM

I was wondering if Lomachenko planned on moving up any higher to fight the top guys, but I heard Arum saying he would fight anyone at lightweight and lower, so I think that answers the question. I mean even at lightweight he is undersized, but his skills are on a level that lets him overcome his disadvantage.
Old 09-04-2019, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
I was wondering if Lomachenko planned on moving up any higher to fight the top guys, but I heard Arum saying he would fight anyone at lightweight and lower, so I think that answers the question. I mean even at lightweight he is undersized, but his skills are on a level that lets him overcome his disadvantage.
Yep, Campbell was the bigger guy for sure. No reason to go up, diminishing returns.
Not just his skill level but he is physically conditioned to a point of being godlike. has he ever been tired in the ring?

Old 09-04-2019, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
Yep, Campbell was the bigger guy for sure. No reason to go up, diminishing returns.
Not just his skill level but he is physically conditioned to a point of being godlike. has he ever been tired in the ring?
I have never seen him tired.
jipped genes (09-11-2019)