World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Survivalist Prepper Area > All About Fishing

All About Fishing For all your fishing needs, knowledge, and stories.

Old 09-27-2022, 07:22 PM

Thanked 6,749 Times in 4,976 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
I feel ya A1, I do not care to eat bass but crappie or up north walleye. I am IN!

Sumatai, pomps are awesome fish! I fished for them in FL using those sand crabs. Never caught a keeper. I hear they are delicious.

I went out on the kayak this eve for a couple hours. Caught one dink channel cat. Damn turtles eat my bait.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 09-27-2022, 09:13 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 8,431 Times in 6,229 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumatai View Post
Water temps have been ridiculous here (FL), just today, finally got a forecast with lows dipping to 60's for a straight week. That = Pompano season, will be heading out this weekend for sure.
Pompano, man do I have a story about pompano. I was fishing the surf in NC mainly for sharks and bull reds. I wasn't catching crap and as I am reeling up the last line I get a hit. Nothing huge, so I am thinking I got a small shark or maybe a bluefish (nasty bastards). I end up reeling up a real nice pompano. I snapped a picture and threw it back. It was the first one I caught and I had no idea how they were prepared, tasted, etc... I showed the guy at the bait shop and he said it was an Atlantic Pompano and the biggest he had ever seen in NC. I went on the NC Wildlife and Fisheries to look up the record. Not only did the fish I caught beat the record, it would have smashed it. I learned to measure all new fish species before releasing them now.

Redcon1
The Following User Says Thank You to Genetic Freak For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (09-28-2022)
Old 09-28-2022, 05:40 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Oh shit bro! That is crazy. I think I caught a double on a speck rig at the Tx gulf but I do not know for sure. They are far more plentiful on the east coast.

Went last night bass fishing caught a damn catfish on a crankbait.

Saw bass chasing bait but none would hit soft plastics. All I had besides my squarebill.

Old 10-01-2022, 08:28 AM

Went last night on pal's boat, used mega live to find brushpiles. Most guys pull up to visible brush and fish it. They get hammered. So we fished brush piles underwater that were not so beat up.

Jigs and minnows for crappie. You could watch the fish come out and look at the minnow or jig but not eat it. All together we boated 3 crappie and 3 catfish which were suspended over the brush chasing bait like crappie. I got two crappie. We had a big cold front move through Thursday night. High pressure and blue skies. At least it felt great out there.

Cast net for shad a few days ago, got a big full and will go out to the river for cats maybe this weekend. Big blues are starting to move from what I hear.

Old 10-01-2022, 08:38 AM

Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
You guys just have different crappie down there. If you use minnows here, you will catch your limit every time even if you have no idea what the hell you are doing. We purposely do not use minnows, because we prefer to fish longer than an hour.

Redcon1
The Following User Says Thank You to Genetic Freak For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (10-01-2022)
Old 10-02-2022, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
You guys just have different crappie down there. If you use minnows here, you will catch your limit every time even if you have no idea what the hell you are doing. We purposely do not use minnows, because we prefer to fish longer than an hour.
Heavily pressured lake, huge abundance of baitfish. Why eat that strange minnow with something sticking out of it's back when there are thousands of quarter sized shad right in your face.

I guess. Also the further north you go the more aggressive the fish at least for bass.

Old 10-02-2022, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
Heavily pressured lake, huge abundance of baitfish. Why eat that strange minnow with something sticking out of it's back when there are thousands of quarter sized shad right in your face.

I guess. Also the further north you go the more aggressive the fish at least for bass.
It is the same here. In late spring and throughout the summer you will find a boat at nearly every known brush pile with gobs of baitfish in the water, but they will still hit.

Like you said, they are just more aggressive. Probably has something to do with water temperature.

Redcon1
Old 10-02-2022, 10:26 AM
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,942 Times in 1,328 Posts
blm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond repute
You guys see the 2 Ranger sponsored Walleye fisherman that got caught with 8lbs of lead weights in their fishes bellies at a tournament?
Old 10-02-2022, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blm View Post
You guys see the 2 Ranger sponsored Walleye fisherman that got caught with 8lbs of lead weights in their fishes bellies at a tournament?
I did not. I know that crap happens, but at that level, damn!

Redcon1
Old 10-02-2022, 12:40 PM
WCBB Veteran

beefnewton has a reputation beyond reputebeefnewton has a reputation beyond reputebeefnewton has a reputation beyond reputebeefnewton has a reputation beyond reputebeefnewton has a reputation beyond reputebeefnewton has a reputation beyond reputebeefnewton has a reputation beyond reputebeefnewton has a reputation beyond reputebeefnewton has a reputation beyond reputebeefnewton has a reputation beyond reputebeefnewton has a reputation beyond repute
I just watched video of them cutting the fish open to find lead weights and fish filets inside. Wild. People were raging, and understandably so. They've been apparently doing it for years and basically stole money from others that would have won.