World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Survivalist Prepper Area > All About Fishing

Shoutbox

All About Fishing For all your fishing needs, knowledge, and stories.

Old 09-23-2019, 06:19 AM

Thanked 3,637 Times in 2,813 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBAGH View Post
I don't know where you are fishing bro, but if your baitfish are shad you might want to rethink your lipless crank. We have a big kill off on shad every winter where I am at. I will throw a banjo minnow around any kind of cover back in those coves and "let it die". What an awesome way to generate strikes!

I don't really bass fish much anymore, but you should try it sometime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAXrMVluN2I

lol
Shad are still fine here. I throw a soft jerkbait when or IF the die off happens but it is normally so cold i do not fish anymore if they die. Texas the water does not get cold enough to kill large quantities like up north. Right now the bass are chasing the shad and everything is moving fast as the water cools.

temps are still warm, although hope no more 100 degree days. But nights are in the 70s and bass LOVE IT! Another couple 3 weeks and they will school up and it will be on.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 09-23-2019, 07:29 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Protestor

GBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
Shad are still fine here. I throw a soft jerkbait when or IF the die off happens but it is normally so cold i do not fish anymore if they die. Texas the water does not get cold enough to kill large quantities like up north. Right now the bass are chasing the shad and everything is moving fast as the water cools.

temps are still warm, although hope no more 100 degree days. But nights are in the 70s and bass LOVE IT! Another couple 3 weeks and they will school up and it will be on.
Up north? Sh*t. I guess Georgia is north when you're in Texas LOL.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:14 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Up north? Sh*t. I guess Georgia is north when you're in Texas LOL.
I grew up in GA. I do not remember the shad die off in GA or SC. I was young but observant and fished all the time.

I bought this last night. I am too cheap to buy an expensive one as i am prone to loosing it or giving up throwing it when they want something smaller.

Cheap swim baits do not look all that great normally but we will see. Now I need to see if I have a heavy rod to throw it? I was thinking 30# power pro braid. I will not throw it in real heavy cover. Mainly along lines of stickups and hope a big un darts out to eat a lost lone shad.

(All because I watched a vid of a guy killing 4# plus bass with a swim bait last night)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KDS-Custom-...c5ce%7Ciid%3A1

Old 09-24-2019, 11:14 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Protestor

GBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond repute
They don't die off totally or in huge numbers, but I would guess that maybe 10% to 20% kick the bucket in the winter. One of the best ways to fish for blue catfish in the winter around here is to find the schools of shad and the blues run under them picking off the dying. Like I said, its not a total die off, but its enough to be able to count on it when you're fishing for some species of fish.
Old 09-25-2019, 06:07 AM

Quote:
They don't die off totally or in huge numbers, but I would guess that maybe 10% to 20% kick the bucket in the winter. One of the best ways to fish for blue catfish in the winter around here is to find the schools of shad and the blues run under them picking off the dying. Like I said, its not a total die off, but its enough to be able to count on it when you're fishing for some species of fish.
!0-4. I went again last night. threadfin shad were all over the surface. looked like a bunch of shiny quarters swimming. schools everywhere and nothing chasing. Had a sand bass follow my bait in but nothing else moved.

If a sandy would not bite then you know fish were not active.

Will try again thurs or friday. It is still early. the bass still do not have the urgency to feed as it will not get cold here until end of November. Normally 1st or 2nd week of october they are through the transition into a fall pattern. Must be patient.

Old 09-28-2019, 08:57 AM

Threw a big swim bait last night. I forced myself by only bringing that rig and that bait. I got one hit I think was a gar. Nothing else. But not a lot was moving. I was in a marina under the lights. Normally there are minnows and shad everywhere. Not last night. The bait was not there so I guess the bass were not either.

Old 10-02-2019, 07:20 AM
Community Veteran

IBBAdmin has a reputation beyond reputeIBBAdmin has a reputation beyond reputeIBBAdmin has a reputation beyond reputeIBBAdmin has a reputation beyond reputeIBBAdmin has a reputation beyond reputeIBBAdmin has a reputation beyond reputeIBBAdmin has a reputation beyond reputeIBBAdmin has a reputation beyond reputeIBBAdmin has a reputation beyond reputeIBBAdmin has a reputation beyond reputeIBBAdmin has a reputation beyond repute
I havenít fresh water fished in years

There's always room for jello