World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Survivalist Prepper Area > All About Fishing

All About Fishing For all your fishing needs, knowledge, and stories.

Old 09-13-2021, 02:55 PM
A1food4u A1food4u Is Off Line

Thanked 4,284 Times in 3,394 Posts
A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
That's a sucky bit of bad luck Jipped

Old 09-14-2021, 05:25 AM

Thanked 5,496 Times in 4,177 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Is what it is A1. We are going to the coast next month. Hope he does not get gunshy of the kayak.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Old 09-15-2021, 05:42 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Getting cooler here.

Sand bass and hybrids will start stacking up. Bass will be moving to the points of creeks and coves. Cats will be active during the day more now.

Love the fall for fishing I actually do better fall than spring. Normally spring it rains so much the water is high and muddy and it rains on days I am off. Cold fronts turn off fish but an east wind in the fall does not seem to effect fishing.

Old 09-15-2021, 01:07 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 6,502 Times in 4,950 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
Getting cooler here.

Sand bass and hybrids will start stacking up. Bass will be moving to the points of creeks and coves. Cats will be active during the day more now.

Love the fall for fishing I actually do better fall than spring. Normally spring it rains so much the water is high and muddy and it rains on days I am off. Cold fronts turn off fish but an east wind in the fall does not seem to effect fishing.
I like fall fishing as well for pretty much the same reasons. I have not been out since I moved. The weather here is interesting, as we have already had some mornings reach 40 degrees and we are still getting highs over 100. I wonder how it impacts the fishing.

No one gives a f**k about you once it inconveniences them.
Old 09-16-2021, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
I like fall fishing as well for pretty much the same reasons. I have not been out since I moved. The weather here is interesting, as we have already had some mornings reach 40 degrees and we are still getting highs over 100. I wonder how it impacts the fishing.
DAMN!

Well fish gotta eat up before winter. So just got to get out there. Low 90s here all week. low 70s at night.

Next month when it drops even more they will turn on like wildfire, if you can time them or find them. They stack up and school. I have only done it a couple times where i find schools of bigger fish 2-4lbs but it happens. might catch 15 of those. Mostly little guys. 10-12 inchers. But I am in a kayak. Beggars cannot be choosers

Old 09-16-2021, 12:20 PM

Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
We might actually flirt with snow flurries next Tuesday.

The Following User Says Thank You to Genetic Freak For This Useful Post:
jipped genes (09-17-2021)
Old 09-22-2021, 05:29 AM

Wind has predictably shifted from the south where it comes all summer to from the east. I am on the south west side of the lake and have the whole east shore to fish. this is when I get my biggest #s of bass. Not size but I catch a bunch and a looking forward to it.

although the wind is a bitch!

Old 09-22-2021, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
Wind has predictably shifted from the south where it comes all summer to from the east. I am on the south west side of the lake and have the whole east shore to fish. this is when I get my biggest #s of bass. Not size but I catch a bunch and a looking forward to it.

although the wind is a bitch!
I am only going to fish the small lakes on the kayak around here. The wind never falls below 10 mph. Some of the bigger lakes have reported swells over 6 feet when the winds pick up.

Old 09-23-2021, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
I am only going to fish the small lakes on the kayak around here. The wind never falls below 10 mph. Some of the bigger lakes have reported swells over 6 feet when the winds pick up.
WOW! Never that big here that I have ever heard. Most of the time it is 10-15 mph here. N Texas is actually windier than the windy city, Chicago.

Went last night. Light wind from the north. Nothing moved, Fished several spots and gave up.

Old 09-27-2021, 05:48 AM

Caught a cat. Just went down to a local pond and used a hot dog. I normally hate fishing this way but it was nice out and did not feel like dragging out the kayak and all my gear.

No one else was down there on the dock. Fairly quiet and peaceful. There is a soccer field 100 yards away so I could hear people cheering but that was not bad.

Another 2-3 weeks we will be in the fall bass pattern. Wind blown points at the mouths of creeks near deep water.

Lipless and squarebill cranks and swimbaits are my go to.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cat.jpg (41.4 KB, 2 views)