World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Survivalist Prepper Area > Firearms and other weapons

Shoutbox

Old 01-18-2019, 05:20 AM
Crusader by Choice

paramuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by blm View Post
I did that for about 60 rounds after the first 100. Not as a tactic, more out of frustration. I just said point and shoot. Bring it to the center of your chest, push your arms out, maintain a firm grip and press the trigger. Just point in the direction of the target. She had a few random rounds hit the 12x18 target but not many. Then I just went back to trying to analyze and fix. I will try it again from the start next time. She was pretty frustrated by that point. I'm sure her little hands and arms were getting fatigued too.

I would try it to just break the ice, not to try and score hits. More to desensitize her response than anything.

~PM
blm (01-18-2019)
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 01-18-2019, 07:04 AM
Community Veteran

blm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
my guess is not, yet, u never know who is reading and they're response, ie, 911 without knowing u
Old 01-18-2019, 09:39 AM

Thanked 3,545 Times in 2,735 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
I hope the PD guy can help. First formal training I had was by one of our swat officers during weapons qualification. I was the first non-TCLOSE group to do it. the SGT went ahead and took us through pistols as well as shottys which was all we were designated to carry. 3 two hour sessions I got way better but still to this day flinch on my first shot.

In force on force at Patriot with sims I do not think I flinch but then getting the shot off quick so you do not get hit with one of those bastards is paramount. I think regulating and mitigating that first flinch response is paramount to getting off first in a life or death situation. I mean if you pull and are on target but your pistol barrel dips down and right when you flinch.......well you get it.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Old 01-18-2019, 09:57 AM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 3,883 Times in 3,076 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Where does she typically miss? Have her shoot on a pistol shot placement target. Start close, 3 yards, and move back as she builds confidence. Anticipating recoil is one thing and if all other fundamentals are implemented the round will strike low. The problem is that many who anticipate recoil also force their grip, lose sight picture and jerk the trigger. If you have a pistol with a really long trigger pull have her shoot with that one. Have her slowly pull it back. She should feel like it is pulling forever, but keep slowly pulling. She will be surprised when it breaks and she will hit the target. Keep her shooting like that for a while then move her to another pistol. It works with my Marines.
Old 01-18-2019, 10:03 AM

Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Also, what kind of stance does she shoot from. Many of us, men, like to shoot from the weaver or the isos-weaver. We tend to teach our female counterparts the same shooting stance. However, I have seen more female Marines shoot expert in the isosceles stance.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:33 PM
Community Veteran

blm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
Where does she typically miss? Have her shoot on a pistol shot placement target. Start close, 3 yards, and move back as she builds confidence. Anticipating recoil is one thing and if all other fundamentals are implemented the round will strike low. The problem is that many who anticipate recoil also force their grip, lose sight picture and jerk the trigger. If you have a pistol with a really long trigger pull have her shoot with that one. Have her slowly pull it back. She should feel like it is pulling forever, but keep slowly pulling. She will be surprised when it breaks and she will hit the target. Keep her shooting like that for a while then move her to another pistol. It works with my Marines.
She will hit low and left like a typical right hander pulling their shots. 5 yds is as close as we can get until I get to the private outdoor range. The public indoor is locked at 5 yds. I'm going to have to rent some pistols to try different trigger pulls. Any suggestions? I think my 9mm Shield is a long pull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
Also, what kind of stance does she shoot from. Many of us, men, like to shoot from the weaver or the isos-weaver. We tend to teach our female counterparts the same shooting stance. However, I have seen more female Marines shoot expert in the isosceles stance.
She shoots isosceles stance.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:21 PM

If they have a H&K P30 rent it. Longest, smoothest trigger pull you can find.
blm (01-18-2019)
Old 01-20-2019, 09:13 AM

Thanked 3,545 Times in 2,735 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Sig 2022 has a long as trigger pull as well. It is why I did not buy it. More slack than a coiled rope.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
blm (01-20-2019)