World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Articles By Author > Iron Addicts Articles

Shoutbox

Iron Addicts Articles A collection of great bodybuilding articles written by the man himself.

Old 01-18-2005, 03:43 PM
apljuc apljuc Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

apljuc is on a distinguished road
Ever see Arnold squat? He did it barefoot...
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 06-05-2005, 05:35 AM
Deadlift4Life

Platz def. advocates using shoes w/ a slight heel in his leg training manual. I use a shoe a/ a slight heel and have had NO problems. I'm 5'8" around 240lbs and am presently using a little around 400lbs for my peak set. Paul Anderson also used a "shop shoe" w/a heel.

Platz quote directly from Leg Training Manual >

"Personally I would NEVER recommend squatting in flat tennis shoes or bare feet. Flat footed squatting usually works the glutes more than thighs"
Old 06-05-2005, 12:28 PM
iron addict iron addict Is Off Line
Veteran

iron addict is a name known to alliron addict is a name known to alliron addict is a name known to alliron addict is a name known to alliron addict is a name known to alliron addict is a name known to alliron addict is a name known to all
You will look far and wide to see a powerlifter handling stupendous weights that will wear anything but a flat-footed shoe. Platz was a total freak and while I am not taking anything away from him, his lone voice will hardly sway me. Arnold used to squat barefooted whenever possible.

You WILL use more of the muscles that are responsible for a big squat with flat soled shoes.

Iron Addict
Old 06-05-2005, 12:31 PM
sven sven Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

sven has a brilliant futuresven has a brilliant futuresven has a brilliant futuresven has a brilliant futuresven has a brilliant futuresven has a brilliant futuresven has a brilliant futuresven has a brilliant futuresven has a brilliant futuresven has a brilliant futuresven has a brilliant future
what my strength coach taught me about squatting is the same as IA recommends, and to insure that you are on your heel, he says to wiggle your toes before you squat, this automatically places your weight on the heel. (dont wiggle ur toes while squatting tho..lol)

it helps me.
Old 06-05-2005, 12:37 PM
Deadlift4Life

I've used Platz' advice for yrs and I have NEVER had any knee problems, not even while using 405 for reps.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:35 PM
iron addict iron addict Is Off Line
Veteran

iron addict is a name known to alliron addict is a name known to alliron addict is a name known to alliron addict is a name known to alliron addict is a name known to alliron addict is a name known to alliron addict is a name known to all
How old are you? I know guys all the time that say how they do this and that without problems.

I also train 70+ people at a time and the percentage of trainees that are 35+ that come to me with prexistsing injuries is insane. Over 40 and it's higher yet. I'm 42 and when i was 30 and had been training for almost 15 years I had ZERO injuries. At 42 my joints scream doing things that were cake when I was younger. Most joint injuries are cumulative. Just because you feel nothing now does NOT mean you are not doing damage.

Iron Addict
Old 06-07-2005, 06:55 AM
Deadlift4Life

I just turned 37 and I've had (due to auto accident) 14 orthopedic ops (stainless steel implants & removals). I'm 5'8 around 240 +/- 3 lbs. It's like Platz says "...once u've strengthened the knee joint and its connective tissue the amt. of weight it can handle is huge..." Using a shoe w/ a slight heel shouldn't be a prob for most guys. Ever watch an olympic weightlifting comp? Notice how NO ONE is on the platform in chuck taylors' OR bare feet?
Old 06-07-2005, 07:13 AM
Finafreak990

Great post, I bought a new pair of shox, but wear a $15 pair of Avia from the tool section of sears when I do legs.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:22 AM
gyroflex gyroflex Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

gyroflex is on a distinguished road
I squat barefooted.
Don't spend money
on fancy shoes.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:28 PM
gyroflex gyroflex Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

gyroflex is on a distinguished road
I squat barefooted.