World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > MMA and UFC Discussions > MMA Training

MMA Training Articles related to MMA and BJJ

Old 07-12-2015, 04:17 PM
ripsid ripsid Is Off Line
Community Veteran

ripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond repute
The countdown till Battle At the Beach Aug 8th.

Well, game on so to speak, Aug. 8/9 in Wildwood NJ NAGA's Battle At The Beach takes place. Gi and NO Gi Grappling/Jiu Jitsu tournament. This is their biggest event of the year, and we're starting to kick it into high gear as far as competition training goes. Last Sunday we went to Ricardo Almeida's (we are part of Renzo Gracie/Ricardo Almeida family) to train and I started off with 3 brown belts (1 belt away from Brown), then rolled with a couple blue belts. I will be going up to get pummeled by these folks every weekend to prepare. Also, we have competition class on fridays at 6 just before regular class (I may be teaching the regular class so I'll be gulping down puke lol)
The push is on, the fight is real! I won't be cutting to 159 again I'll drop a few to get into the 160's.
I'm thinking of competing in Expert no gi and at my belt (blue, 1 above white) and age group for gi.

During the day I'll be doing speed work and lifting, mon/wed kickboxing/Advanced jiu jitsu, tue/thurs/frid/sat - basic jiu jitsu + live training, sundays 2+ hours of live training.

SiD
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 07-12-2015, 04:42 PM
Trapology Trapology Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

Trapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant future
Awesome man, getting pummeled is the only way to get better
I should be back in the ring myself by december...gotta get from 220 to 170 lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Trapology For This Useful Post:
ripsid (07-17-2015)
Old 07-12-2015, 08:50 PM
WCBB Veteran

StCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like you're going to be busy for a while! Keep us updated on how it's going and hope you kill it.
The Following User Says Thank You to StCLineman For This Useful Post:
ripsid (07-17-2015)
Old 07-12-2015, 10:58 PM
Friggemall Friggemall Is Off Line

Thanked 3,444 Times in 2,502 Posts
Friggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond reputeFriggemall has a reputation beyond repute
Train hard Sid and go get em!
The Following User Says Thank You to Friggemall For This Useful Post:
ripsid (07-17-2015)
Old 07-25-2015, 09:51 AM
Community Veteran

ripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond repute
So 2 weeks out to the day from NAGA.. I'm feeling beat the f*k up! lol
I've been training ALOT just about everyday and 3x on some days (sprint&tires&drills at lunch, muay thai then jiu jitsu). Friday nights are competition training then class, and sundays is about 3 hours of live rolling between headquarters (Ricardo Almeida's academy) and I open my school at 1130. Over the next week I'll have to take a couple days off to rest, and the following week I'll be cutting so I'll take it easy as well.

My training and my game have improved I hope enough to get the Gold.

SiD
Old 08-05-2015, 06:55 AM
Community Veteran

Couple days away from NAGA tonights my last night of training jiu jitsu, need 2 days to rest clear the mind and body and prep for saturday. I've been doing 2 a day workout, lunch time is sprints and tire flipping, sled push, ropes for shoulders..
3 to 4x -I flip the 300lb tire 10 times then sprint approx 200yds (around 3 volleyball courts at work) then flip the tire 10 more times to the starting point.
3 to 4x - suicides run to the end of each of the volleyball courts (20yd, 40yds, 70yds)
Plus more sprints after that.
My jiu jitsu is basically everyday, and 2x on friday and sunday.

Today I break out the sauna suit and try to drop the final few pounds till my goal.
And I'm feeling beat up, my left arm is f'd got caught in a straight arm lock by a black belt. he took it home. My fault. sore and overtained.

SiD
Old 08-05-2015, 08:26 AM

Thanked 3,732 Times in 2,888 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
rest as much as you can brother. no doubt you over trained. last week before a comp or fight i take off and do light pad work or roll light with a 2 mile run to keep the lungs "loose"

if you got 2 days......do NOTHING. if you got to sweat do it in a sauna. don't run. you need your body to repair or you will not be peaked for your comp. i say this from experience.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Old 08-05-2015, 02:03 PM
Trapology Trapology Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

Trapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant futureTrapology has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
rest as much as you can brother. no doubt you over trained. last week before a comp or fight i take off and do light pad work or roll light with a 2 mile run to keep the lungs "loose"

if you got 2 days......do NOTHING. if you got to sweat do it in a sauna. don't run. you need your body to repair or you will not be peaked for your comp. i say this from experience.
spot on..the end of training camp is cardio time
you should just be going through the motions and rest as much as you can, cause a result or any training camp you should experience some kind of injuries...no matter how mild you wanna show up as healthy as possible
Old 08-07-2015, 09:34 AM
edvedr edvedr Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,177 Times in 919 Posts
edvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripsid View Post
Couple days away from NAGA tonights my last night of training jiu jitsu, need 2 days to rest clear the mind and body and prep for saturday. I've been doing 2 a day workout, lunch time is sprints and tire flipping, sled push, ropes for shoulders..
3 to 4x -I flip the 300lb tire 10 times then sprint approx 200yds (around 3 volleyball courts at work) then flip the tire 10 more times to the starting point.
3 to 4x - suicides run to the end of each of the volleyball courts (20yd, 40yds, 70yds)
Plus more sprints after that.
My jiu jitsu is basically everyday, and 2x on friday and sunday.

Today I break out the sauna suit and try to drop the final few pounds till my goal.
And I'm feeling beat up, my left arm is f'd got caught in a straight arm lock by a black belt. he took it home. My fault. sore and overtained.

SiD
Like I said to you before man, I don't know how you handle all that training. 3 days of hard rolling with Judo mixed in is my max. The rest is drilling and light cardio.

Best of luck tomorrow. I really hope to see you at NY Pro.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:35 AM
edvedr edvedr Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,177 Times in 919 Posts
edvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post

I agree. the week before I do 1 hard session at the beg of the week and then its rest and drilling.