World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > MMA and UFC Discussions > MMA Training

Shoutbox

MMA Training Articles related to MMA and BJJ

Old 08-14-2015, 05:53 AM
Community Veteran

ripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond repute
Well it's done! Sorry I haven't checked in but I have a hell of a week! LOL
Overall we spent about 20+ hours at the WIldwood convention center from weighin's till the kids finished on sunday evening.

My wife was probably the star of the day.. with less than 6months on the mat, and maybe .. maybe 2 training sessions in no gi, she killed it all day! She had 4 fights and had 3 triangle wins of varying forms LOL (she won gi with a technique I showed her the thursday before, and won it in 1:10!) So the wife was 3-1 and beat girls half her age! Got a silver in no-gi and gold in gi!

Jack my son didn't fare as well, he lost 2 in no gi, and went 1-1 in gi and got the Bronze.. and he can't wait to compete again soon . That's what counts.

I got 2 golds but sadly only had 1 fight in each division, I'm thinking I may drop down to the executive age bracket (30's) for more competition. If things go as I hear they may, I will be getting a promotion soon so I'll have to fight expert in no gi anyways, so we'll see. My professor kept saying to me it's shame you're not younger cause the older guys don't give me a fight. LOL

Overall it was a long f*ing weekend! I took monday off to drive home since we stayed at my parents house, and then tuesday/wednesday I was sick.. long week so far.

Tonight I get to start teaching at the academy, and again tomorrow for the kids and adults classes.. Pretty awesome week, even with the belly hell I had for the past 3 days

Thanks for the support brothers!!!

SiD
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 08-14-2015, 06:59 AM
edvedr edvedr Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,175 Times in 917 Posts
edvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome, congrats!! Sounds to me like you should being doing all these IBJJF shows we keep talking about. I don't wanna hear you wanna make sure your ready for the big stage! You were always ready! lol NY Pro?
Old 08-14-2015, 07:08 AM

Thanked 3,542 Times in 2,732 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
way to go bro. you and your family are beasts!

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Old 08-14-2015, 08:43 PM
Community Veteran

ripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond reputeripsid has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by edvedr View Post
Awesome, congrats!! Sounds to me like you should being doing all these IBJJF shows we keep talking about. I don't wanna hear you wanna make sure your ready for the big stage! You were always ready! lol NY Pro?
I had 2 guys talk to me about the same thing, they said you need to step up to the IBJJF's. My buddy (blue belt) is total beast 28 yrs old, fast athletic mfer I may have seen at our level just got 2nd in no gi at NY last month. We battle to a stalemate 99% of the time and I've gotten him but he hasn't gotten me. He said dude step up.. I may have to this spring

Thanks bro!

SiD
Old 08-14-2015, 08:46 PM
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
way to go bro. you and your family are beasts!
Jipped I'm man enough to admit it I was in tears after everyone of my wives wins.. it was so freakin' emotional it was crazy. I'm like "I admit it I'm a big Puss! LOL"

SiD
Old 08-16-2015, 09:37 AM

Thanked 3,542 Times in 2,732 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripsid View Post
Jipped I'm man enough to admit it I was in tears after everyone of my wives wins.. it was so freakin' emotional it was crazy. I'm like "I admit it I'm a big Puss! LOL"

SiD
how many wives do you have? HAHA

yeah when your family does good it is a rush of emotion. my son won one tourney a long time ago. he never really like BJJ though so did not continue. still does Muay Thai.

congrats again to you and yours.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Old 08-17-2015, 08:44 AM
Community Veteran

edvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I had 2 guys talk to me about the same thing, they said you need to step up to the IBJJF's. My buddy (blue belt) is total beast 28 yrs old, fast athletic mfer I may have seen at our level just got 2nd in no gi at NY last month. We battle to a stalemate 99% of the time and I've gotten him but he hasn't gotten me. He said dude step up.. I may have to this spring

Thanks bro!

SiD
*cough cough* NY Pro is Nov.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:48 PM
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by edvedr View Post
*cough cough* NY Pro is Nov.
LOL you're peer pressure is working bro! LOL I'm going to seattle next week for my bro-in-laws wedding. I'm gonna train a couple days out there at a friend from the Academy's friend (they're black belts and army rangers). Once I get home I'll step it up

SiD
Old 08-21-2015, 09:41 AM
Community Veteran

Quote:
LOL you're peer pressure is working bro! LOL I'm going to seattle next week for my bro-in-laws wedding. I'm gonna train a couple days out there at a friend from the Academy's friend (they're black belts and army rangers). Once I get home I'll step it up

SiD
lol Sweet! Yes I am a competition pusher. Always pushing my partners to do as many as possible.