World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Bodybuilding and Fitness Training Journals

Shoutbox

Bodybuilding and Fitness Training Journals Keep track of your daily training routine. An interactive way to track your progress. Have others follow and help with your progress

Old 03-18-2017, 05:57 AM
Community Veteran

chadd77 has a reputation beyond reputechadd77 has a reputation beyond reputechadd77 has a reputation beyond reputechadd77 has a reputation beyond reputechadd77 has a reputation beyond reputechadd77 has a reputation beyond reputechadd77 has a reputation beyond reputechadd77 has a reputation beyond reputechadd77 has a reputation beyond reputechadd77 has a reputation beyond reputechadd77 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow man that's a crazy story. Are you on a low dose of asprin for life now?

I'm sure going through that made you think long and hard about life. Glad you're better and good luck to you in your lifts!
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 03-18-2017, 10:37 AM
chicken_hawk chicken_hawk Is Off Line
Community Veteran

chicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vworacle View Post
Do you have any meets in mind?
I'm trying to get myself together for June.
Not yet my friend, but June is way too soon for this ol boy. I need to wait at least till September when I turn 45 thereby placing me in masters 45 to 49. Also, my leg will not be ready by then. I will be looking for a meet late fall/early winter...maybe...hell I have four years.

Hawk
Old 03-18-2017, 11:49 AM
Community Veteran

chicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadd77 View Post
Wow man that's a crazy story. Are you on a low dose of asprin for life now?

I'm sure going through that made you think long and hard about life. Glad you're better and good luck to you in your lifts!
First, thanks for the encouragement. And you're so right my priorities had improved greatly over the years, but now even more so. Honestly, while it makes life better in nearly every way it makes shooting for a goal a bit harder since I am pretty happy as I am.

And yeah an aspirin a day keeps the doctor away.

Hawk
Old 03-19-2017, 02:26 AM
Vworacle Vworacle Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

Vworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken_hawk View Post
Not yet my friend, but June is way too soon for this ol boy. I need to wait at least till September when I turn 45 thereby placing me in masters 45 to 49. Also, my leg will not be ready by then. I will be looking for a meet late fall/early winter...maybe...hell I have four years.

Hawk
RPS meet in Hartford for me.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:15 PM
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vworacle View Post
RPS meet in Hartford for me.
RPS looks like a cool fed, but I dont know think they do many meets thisaway. A great friend of mine who I bench with every weeks is good friends with Rich McDowell who chairs the SPF, EPF for the state and just bought SPL fed...who in turn said we hold one any time we wanted. Unfortunately those feds don't carry much weight (pun) among other feds or pling watch.

Hell the spf just started a dam slingshot division...

Btw, what are your goals for the meet?

Hawk
Old 03-20-2017, 08:45 PM
Community Veteran

3/20

First day at the new gym motherhumpers! It was friendly and kick ass, however I was like a fish out of water not knowing where shit was. Plus, I got a call mid session from a customer who wanted yet another change order...from a 12x24" tile to subway 3x6....wtf? Told them I wouldn't do it...they can hire someone else...they keep changing shit the day before even though we signed the contract a month ago for all this shit.

Back to the good chit, today was max effort lower body. So, we deadlift...the program was reverse band sumo dl 10x1. But, I had no idea how to set it up so I just did conventional 10x1 with 405...keep in mind I am dealing with bloodclots and I havent dled for two weeks straight in a year. Out of the 10...1 set felt great...the rest ok. I need to pull back against my shins more, plus get all the other shit right. Overall, I can't complain. I liked it even if 405 aint shit.

For each workout there is a strongman or Olift WOD. I'm not a pussy so I did the strongman WOD, which was snatch and press log lift 2 reps with 1m rest. For 20mins while adding weight each set. I had a tuff time with the snatch to my chest...the press was easier. I jumped 20 lbs or so a set to 205 but couldnt get 225. I got it to my chest but couldnt press it for even 1 rep. I was spent by then.

What was freakin cool was hearing the people cheering you on, felt almost like a meet. And there is a leaderboard...I beat the 195...but I suspect foul play as two guys got 195 and the bar weighs 50...so where they both loading 5lbs? Dunno...

Stoked for tommorow. First time in a long time! Funny what differance the environment can make.

Hawk
Old 03-20-2017, 10:48 PM
ozzy69 ozzy69 Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,695 Times in 1,244 Posts
ozzy69 has a reputation beyond reputeozzy69 has a reputation beyond reputeozzy69 has a reputation beyond reputeozzy69 has a reputation beyond reputeozzy69 has a reputation beyond reputeozzy69 has a reputation beyond reputeozzy69 has a reputation beyond reputeozzy69 has a reputation beyond reputeozzy69 has a reputation beyond reputeozzy69 has a reputation beyond reputeozzy69 has a reputation beyond repute
Most Feds are adding a sling shot division which to me is bullshiiitt.
The Following User Says Thank You to ozzy69 For This Useful Post:
chicken_hawk (03-21-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 06:07 PM
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy69 View Post
Most Feds are adding a sling shot division which to me is bullshiiitt.
I agree 100%

What's next a reverse band squat?

Hawk
Old 03-25-2017, 09:31 AM
Community Veteran

3/24 New gym...new routine..all out of sorts. I like the new place, but trying to find shit while not stepping on anyones toes while trying to make heads or tails of the programming was a bit overwhelming.

Everyday when I arrive there is a crossfit class going on at one end and two female Olifters. Sam, is a hard worker but more in the noob stage while Elizabeth is nationally ranked and kicks ass. Neither one look like specimens , but they are both gentle and answer all my stupid questions. Like how do I use a GHR machine?

Which brings me to the programming, everyday the app on my phone sends me the days workout. It includes 5 sections. A warmup, the pling portion, the accessories, a Olift option and strongman option. Well, the pling option is westside based, but full of bands and chains and randomness.

The accessory volume is thru the roof, more than any bbing routine I have ever done! I couldnt do half no matter the whole freaking thing! Plus Id be there for three hours. So, on Friday I decided to take the basic template and have a heavyish day and then a light day. Each day I will do two accessory lifts plus some strongman cardio. I will also rotate DL and Squat. The end result will look something like this:

Week 1
Monday
warm up: mace swings and pvc rolling
Squat up to a heavy single, double or triple...change monthly...rpe 9
Dumbell split squat 2-3x10 to 15
Reverse hyper 2-3 x10 to 15
Cardio...kettlebell swings

Tuesday:
Warm up: pvc for upper back, mace swings, Super D band work
Flat back bench with closer grip 8x2 with 50% may add bands superset with band pull aparts...
DB Flys 3x10-20
Side/front laterals 3x10-20
Cardio: log press...

Thursday:
Warm up: mace swings and super D band work
Bench heavy work up to a single double or triple
Cable flys 3x10-20
Side laterals 3x10 to 20

Friday
Warm up: pvc roller and mace swings
Band dl with 50% 8x2
Ring pull ups 3 sets amrp
Bent BB rows 3 x 6-10
Db curls 3x10-20
Cardio: farmers walk

Next week I will do heavy deads on Monday and light squats Friday.

Hawk

Last edited by chicken_hawk; 03-26-2017 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:05 AM
Vworacle Vworacle Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

Vworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken_hawk View Post
RPS looks like a cool fed, but I dont know think they do many meets thisaway. A great friend of mine who I bench with every weeks is good friends with Rich McDowell who chairs the SPF, EPF for the state and just bought SPL fed...who in turn said we hold one any time we wanted. Unfortunately those feds don't carry much weight (pun) among other feds or pling watch.

Hell the spf just started a dam slingshot division...

Btw, what are your goals for the meet?

Hawk
575-325-560 @198 masters 45-50