World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Bodybuilding and Fitness Training Journals

Shoutbox

Bodybuilding and Fitness Training Journals Keep track of your daily training routine. An interactive way to track your progress. Have others follow and help with your progress

Old 03-28-2017, 08:18 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 3,864 Times in 3,060 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
I would be happy as a pig in shit to hit a 1700 total. I hope you hit it brother.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:45 AM
chicken_hawk chicken_hawk Is Off Line
Community Veteran

chicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
I would be happy as a pig in shit to hit a 1700 total. I hope you hit it brother.
Thanks my man as I would be too! 1640 is the elite total and that is goal one. However, I don't want it to come down to the third deadlift attempt. So, time to get to work

Hawk
Old 03-29-2017, 09:16 AM
Community Veteran

chicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond repute
3/27 Monday

So its max effort lower body. I am alternating Dl and squat on Mondays and then do the opposite on Friday for some light work. I am still a big believer in GTG so finding a balance between volume and recovery is key. So, between this and recovering from off time due to blood clots I have some work ahead. However, I like the challenge and have some time.

Now, down to bussiness. Today competition squats are on the menu. In the past three months I have managed squat maybe three times and those had to be light. So, today the goal was to get some quality reps in and get an idea where I am at. I had no intention on maxing out...just find out where "heavy" is. So, after some rolling and step ups I worked up to 405 for one...and well...

Another issue I have had for some time is bar placement. Going low bar allows for more weight but destroys my shoulder. So, I have been screwing with something between mid and high. However, unknowingly I was lowering the bar every set with no issue. By the fourth set of 405 I had the bar nice and low and the weight flew up unlike the previous sets. This inspired me to add 50# and wrap up. It was a moderately heavy single, but went up quick. So, I decided to try for an even 500# . And boom, it went up smooth. Probably good for 550 Id say. Sweet!

Followed it up with some reverse hypers and steps up and I was done!

Hawk
The Following User Says Thank You to chicken_hawk For This Useful Post:
cockswole_gentlemen (03-29-2017)
Old 03-29-2017, 09:06 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 3,864 Times in 3,060 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Nice work! I too, always start with the bar high and start working lower as my shoulder stretches with each set.
chicken_hawk (03-30-2017)
Old 03-30-2017, 08:15 PM
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
Nice work! I too, always start with the bar high and start working lower as my shoulder stretches with each set.
I had all but given up becuase even when I have tried and tried I have had nothing but pain. I am giving a lot of credit to mace swings with an 10# sledge or weighted bat.

Hawk
Old 03-30-2017, 08:32 PM
Community Veteran

3/28 Tuesday

Light upper body today, so I did some feet up close grip with bands. Just 155 with some double orange light bands. Felt pretty good, but over did it with eight doubles. I got trapped into thinking of since it was light I could handle it. When I do today (Thursday) Ill repeat how it hurt my heavy day. That being what it is I will adjust the volume along with the incline db work, but honestly I think my log press cardio fried my tris. I add 45's on the log and cleaned it then pressed for 2 reps waited 2 mins then repeated. I did this 8 times and was sweating like a stuck pig. Mission acomplished.

So, I think I will switch log press to Fridays and move farmers walk to Tuesday cuz I aint gonna do cardio every day. Twice a week seams like a great start.

Hawk