World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Diet and Nutrition > Diet and Health

Shoutbox

Diet and Health Weight loss support forum for all diets. Fitness discussion forum for weight loss, discuss weight and food issues unique to the dietng

Old 01-12-2019, 02:14 AM

Thanked 2,655 Times in 2,291 Posts
millenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond repute
Anti inflammatory diet

Looking into doing an anti inflammatory diet. Did anyone here tried it and if so did it work?

Old 01-12-2019, 08:13 AM
Lumpy Moderator

Thanked 4,647 Times in 2,948 Posts
Glycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond repute
Can you give some details? I have a lot of food sensitivities so there are a lot of things I stay aways from. Others I should stay away from but then I would be living like a monk on 3 rice grains and water.
millenium girl (01-13-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 08:23 AM

Thanked 3,542 Times in 2,732 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
My sister does it vegetarian style. She has rheumatoid arthritis. She says it helps but she does not stick with it very long, maybe 6 months at a time. The3 she gets back strick and does well again. Her doc recommended she start eating fish. She is a vegetarian so she was opposed. She now takes an algae based supp that has EPA/DHA in it which is very hard to get being a vegetarian and harder being a vegan. This has helped her a lot. She also juices anti inflammatory fruits and veggies almost every day which also helps her chronic illness.

Well that is all I have, hope others will have more info. I do not know if my anecdotal experience through my sis fits your context but it is what I have.

http://opti3omega.com/

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2019, 03:27 PM
Community Veteran

BUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond repute
Yes I have and it worked unbelievably well but it was the carnivore diet so the particular method I used won't suit you. Only problem is, like jipped mentioned, it's hard to stick to permanently. If I was fighting some major health problem that it cured my motivation to adhere to the diet would be higher, obviously.
The Following User Says Thank You to BUBBA289 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2019, 10:05 AM

millenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post
Can you give some details? I have a lot of food sensitivities so there are a lot of things I stay aways from. Others I should stay away from but then I would be living like a monk on 3 rice grains and water.
What are you avoiding? Gluten? Lactose? I read that both cause inflammation. I take turmeric and fresh ginger daily (just added fresh garlic).
Old 01-13-2019, 12:32 PM
Lumpy Moderator

Glycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond repute
No gluten and foods as close to the earth as possible. Limited lactose. I do consume a lot of yogurt, which should not have much lactose and heavy on casein. Fresh veggies, meat from market that contracts with local farms. Veggies are tough in the winter. I think most of it is GMO so glyphosate sprayed. I can't afford the farmed meats and veggies all the time but that's what is the most healthy.
Old 01-13-2019, 05:10 PM
Big B Big B Is Off Line
BANNED

Location: with dogs, goats, donkeys, chickens and a miniature pig...
Thanked 2,736 Times in 2,398 Posts
Big B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
No gluten and foods as close to the earth as possible. Limited lactose. I do consume a lot of yogurt, which should not have much lactose and heavy on casein. Fresh veggies, meat from market that contracts with local farms. Veggies are tough in the winter. I think most of it is GMO so glyphosate sprayed. I can't afford the farmed meats and veggies all the time but that's what is the most healthy.
You and I are on similar diet, brother. Very seldom I have yogurt, which is Greek yogurt. I do drink lactose-free milk. I have those like 1.5hr after meals then next meal would be 1.5hr after that. Pretty much helps get in extra protein. I drink FAIRLIFE, which has half the sugar than other milk. I avoid GMOs as much as possible. So it's while foods I mostly consume...
The Following User Says Thank You to Big B For This Useful Post:
millenium girl (01-14-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 10:15 PM
Lumpy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
You and I are on similar diet, brother. Very seldom I have yogurt, which is Greek yogurt. I do drink lactose-free milk. I have those like 1.5hr after meals then next meal would be 1.5hr after that. Pretty much helps get in extra protein. I drink FAIRLIFE, which has half the sugar than other milk. I avoid GMOs as much as possible. So it's while foods I mostly consume...
I carry more fat than you. I got pretty fluffy with he holiday. I was up to an ugly 215. Since the new year I dropped to 205 and headed down. All the food is like I said, close to the ground but can't afford real pure stuff right now. AS soon as I add a little bit of a cheat I will put on 3-4 lbs of crap fatty water weight. Sucks but that's my body at 57. Looking to get to about 195 and then hoping my body will partition better nad then add in some stuff that will help put some mass back on lean.
millenium girl (01-14-2019)
Old 01-14-2019, 05:38 AM

Quote:
I carry more fat than you. I got pretty fluffy with he holiday. I was up to an ugly 215. Since the new year I dropped to 205 and headed down. All the food is like I said, close to the ground but can't afford real pure stuff right now. AS soon as I add a little bit of a cheat I will put on 3-4 lbs of crap fatty water weight. Sucks but that's my body at 57. Looking to get to about 195 and then hoping my body will partition better nad then add in some stuff that will help put some mass back on lean.
So you didn't eat pizza or pasta while in Italy? Olives are not close to the ground either Mr Glyco
Old 03-14-2019, 03:50 AM
richa_timmy richa_timmy Is Off Line
BANNED

richa_timmy is on a distinguished road
Foods to Eat on the Anti-Inflammatory Diet. In my opinion, suggests that people with a high intake of vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, healthy oils, and fish may have a reduced risk for inflammation-related diseases.