World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Survivalist Prepper Area > Firearms and other weapons

Old 04-11-2019, 11:56 AM
Swellin Swellin Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Swellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond repute
Training

The truth is, most of us have ample weapons to accomplish anything we need them for. However, most of us don't have near the training to properly function in a defensive capacity in a civilian environment...Cops and military get the training, but it's a different ball of wax for the average street situation, as a civilian.

Some of you guys have taken classes under various instructors, and I'm wondering what everyone thinks of the training they have received. So post it up..also post who you guys would like to train with.

MA notwithstanding (even though it is a huge part of defensive preparedness).

I've only trained with Tom givens so far, and that guy is on his own level. He has a huge name and a huge following, and it's for a damn good reason.
He takes no prisoners. All of his techniques are backed by real world work and experience. He is a very cool ass hole. Called me a dumb ass the first couple of hours. Warmed up to me though, and complimented me pretty sincerely by the end. Really jam up experience. I did his shotgun class, and it opened my eyes to so much...outside the shotgun world too.
Post up some of the training you've done and whether or not you recommend it or the instructor.
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 04-11-2019, 01:16 PM
Community Veteran

blm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond repute
I do skill builder classes and dynamic drills with Monarch Defense. Brian Wang is the instructor and he's gaining a lot of followers and praise in the industry. He's no Ken Hackathorn but he does reality based training like him.

A lot of (tacticool) guys go there with the whole arsenal. I show up with 500 rounds, my everyday carry and 4 extra mags and just run through the drills. I keep my mouth shut and my eyes, ears, and mind open. I want to be comfortable in uncomfortable situations and that is what his classes are good for.

I love it. Sure beats static targets in a range.
The Following User Says Thank You to blm For This Useful Post:
Swellin (04-11-2019)
Old 04-11-2019, 08:18 PM
Community Veteran

Pen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond repute
Have no personal experience unfortunately although I would love to take a class. I do remember my bro being both marine recon and SWAT. He told me he wasn't a fan of police officer training vs Marine. He had taken all the Marine courses... Urban combat, hostage rescue, etc. So he basically helped train and revamp the SWAT team training in his town...and also traveled across the country... taught LA SWAT among others. He never really went into the why's of it all, I'm sure someone here knows the difference between military vs police training.
Old 04-11-2019, 09:36 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 4,048 Times in 3,202 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
The only training I have is all military. I am a combat marksmanship instructor, close quarters battle instructor and foreign weapons instructor. I shoot a lot and put on a few rifle courses every once in a while for people, but I really should take one of the defensive pistol classes they have out here.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:32 AM

Thanked 3,732 Times in 2,888 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
I did 6 classes at patriot protection. It is gone now but I feel I am way more proficient. I can tell you the realism of sim training after an hour of classroom study is great for my learning curve. Although painful lessons seem to stick the most.

I also realize the difference between me, a weekend warrior and a well trained gunfighter is HUGE. I hope the diff between me and a thug on the street is also huge.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Old 04-14-2019, 12:47 PM
Crusader by Choice

paramuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond repute
I have had extensive training in CQB from various agencies and professionals. All of my training was based on the concept of CQB and I can still hold my own. Distance is something I would really like to get into. I’ve always wanted to hone my long range skills. I’m good at 300 meters and inside 50-25 meters I’m dialed in. Probably not as god as I was when I lived it but we had training mandated each week and we qual’d our weapons each quarter including break contact drills, transition drills, etc.

~PM
Old 04-14-2019, 03:23 PM
Troop Troop Is Off Line
WCBB Veteran

Troop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond repute
N. R. A. has some pretty decent classes if your interested in in just seeing things from a different perspective. Also could open the door networking with other people, or at least it did for me. I've been able to attend some great training or going through already proven really because of the networking. As far as names, I personally have not attended the Rogers Shooting School but do have a contact who is an instructor at this facility. I worked with this guys brother and met him a few time while he was home on leave, a great guy so I'm sure his training is remarkable.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:49 PM

Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by paramuscle View Post
I have had extensive training in CQB from various agencies and professionals. All of my training was based on the concept of CQB and I can still hold my own. Distance is something I would really like to get into. Iíve always wanted to hone my long range skills. Iím good at 300 meters and inside 50-25 meters Iím dialed in. Probably not as god as I was when I lived it but we had training mandated each week and we qualíd our weapons each quarter including break contact drills, transition drills, etc.

~PM
It comes back to you quickly. I have taught a couple 25-50 yard classes to some church groups on 2nd Amendment Day (A day me and a couple buddies hold in May). Good times, but scary. Some have never shot before and running them through drills can get your heart pumping. I also taught some long range off hand shooting for hunters. Out to 500 yards. That is when you know you can shoot. I have shot close to 50 deer in my lifetime and every single shot was from the off hand. In the few times I was in a supported position something always kept me from taking the shot. I figured other hunters have similar problems and I hate seeing wounded animals, so I decided I would teach some off hand, long range shooting.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:14 AM

Thanked 3,732 Times in 2,888 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
you know GF I never got to off hand training. I am certainly at the novice stage and am still learning to shoot strong side.

Hell so many scenarios where your strong side is damaged or useless and you have to shoot off hand or like you said you cannot shoot strong side due to cover or such. Good info, makes me want to go train. But not with sims, oh wear a frickn cup if you do. You have to wear face protection but you do not think about getting tapped in the nuts. Happened to my brother who is WAY better than me.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Old 04-15-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
you know GF I never got to off hand training. I am certainly at the novice stage and am still learning to shoot strong side.

Hell so many scenarios where your strong side is damaged or useless and you have to shoot off hand or like you said you cannot shoot strong side due to cover or such. Good info, makes me want to go train. But not with sims, oh wear a frickn cup if you do. You have to wear face protection but you do not think about getting tapped in the nuts. Happened to my brother who is WAY better than me.
What I meant by off hand is standing unsupported. That is how we classify it in the military. You are correct though, more people should learn to shoot with their non-dominant hand/eye. CQB training incorporates this, as you always place your body between the wall and the weapon, so depending on what wall you are on you may be engaging from your weak side. I love simunitions, 9mm fx marking is a lot better than 5.56 fx marking. Never really was worried about groin shots the worst I have felt were knuckle and neck shots. We used to use 30,000 rounds per urban operations package, about 1000 per guy for 4 days. They are whizzing everywhere.
jipped genes (04-16-2019)