World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Articles By Author > Iron Addicts Articles

Shoutbox

Iron Addicts Articles A collection of great bodybuilding articles written by the man himself.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:48 PM
iron addict iron addict Is Off Line
Veteran

iron addict is a name known to alliron addict is a name known to alliron addict is a name known to alliron addict is a name known to alliron addict is a name known to alliron addict is a name known to alliron addict is a name known to all
If you don't

If you don't lift at least reasonably respectable "heavy things" you are never going to have an reasonably respectable level of development. I don't care how many sets you do, if you lift girl weights, you are going to have a girls body.

A LARGE majority of my training clients come to me answering their questionnaire with something like "strength is not important to me at all, I just want to be huge". Guess what? That is the primary reason they need to hire me in the first place. They have never placed primary focus on getting strong on the key lifts and as a result are still small and frustrated.

You don't need to be powerlifter strong to be big, but every lifter with a decent build lifts decent weights. If you are a genetic freak, or a genetic freak on steroids, please disregard this statement, but unless that is you, it should be taken to heart.

IA
Friggemall (05-23-2009), hydeenoch (01-03-2011), legaljuicer (01-06-2011), Southpaw. (10-11-2010), strongarm (01-05-2011), trafficdodger (10-11-2010), ~R~F~G~ (05-21-2009)
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 05-21-2009, 05:51 PM

Thanked 4,171 Times in 2,807 Posts
~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute
Oh so true.. And if you get them to listen to that now you have to explain eating right too..

THanks IA..
Old 05-21-2009, 06:47 PM
ashley2212 ashley2212 Is Off Line
Killer Sweet-Cheeks

ashley2212 has a reputation beyond reputeashley2212 has a reputation beyond reputeashley2212 has a reputation beyond reputeashley2212 has a reputation beyond reputeashley2212 has a reputation beyond reputeashley2212 has a reputation beyond reputeashley2212 has a reputation beyond reputeashley2212 has a reputation beyond reputeashley2212 has a reputation beyond reputeashley2212 has a reputation beyond reputeashley2212 has a reputation beyond repute
Great post, IA.

On the same token, if you're a woman and you spend your life playing with pink dumbbells, you're not going to develop the body you're looking for either.

And I've never seen a woman "get huge" by accident. Makes me laugh. If that's not your goal, trust me, you won't get there, LOL.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:53 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Protestor

GBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond repute
I saw a kid doing 315 pound deadlifts a few weeks ago for something like 15 reps. He said that he didn't want to go above 315 because he didn't want to hurt his back. So I asked him how long he has been doing 315 and he told me that he has been doing sets of 315 for about 9 months. I just shook my head, put another 45 on each side of the bar, and did 8 reps. I told him if he could beat my 8 reps I would buy him a shake. He did four reps LOL, but he has been working with four plates on each side for the last few weeks LOL. Its funny how sometimes people are afraid to lift bigger weights.

Do you think that his back and legs might be bigger in a few months? I do.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:44 PM
a-bomb83 a-bomb83 Is Off Line
long haired hippie

a-bomb83 is a jewel in the rougha-bomb83 is a jewel in the rougha-bomb83 is a jewel in the rougha-bomb83 is a jewel in the rough
^^^
The Following User Says Thank You to a-bomb83 For This Useful Post:
Swellin (10-11-2010)
Old 10-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Community Veteran

Swellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond repute
I was trying to find this quote on Wes' site, but remembered a-bomb bumping it here. I love this post.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:15 PM
trafficdodger trafficdodger Is Off Line
Community Veteran

trafficdodger has a reputation beyond reputetrafficdodger has a reputation beyond reputetrafficdodger has a reputation beyond reputetrafficdodger has a reputation beyond reputetrafficdodger has a reputation beyond reputetrafficdodger has a reputation beyond reputetrafficdodger has a reputation beyond reputetrafficdodger has a reputation beyond reputetrafficdodger has a reputation beyond reputetrafficdodger has a reputation beyond reputetrafficdodger has a reputation beyond repute
Complete truth. I wish I had known that sooner in my early lifting days
Old 01-05-2011, 05:19 PM
strongarm strongarm Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Thanked 27,976 Times in 12,561 Posts
strongarm has a reputation beyond reputestrongarm has a reputation beyond reputestrongarm has a reputation beyond reputestrongarm has a reputation beyond reputestrongarm has a reputation beyond reputestrongarm has a reputation beyond reputestrongarm has a reputation beyond reputestrongarm has a reputation beyond reputestrongarm has a reputation beyond reputestrongarm has a reputation beyond reputestrongarm has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Unless your gifted beyond normal, this cant be any more true.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:25 PM
captainbicept captainbicept Is Off Line
Donating Member

captainbicept has a reputation beyond reputecaptainbicept has a reputation beyond reputecaptainbicept has a reputation beyond reputecaptainbicept has a reputation beyond reputecaptainbicept has a reputation beyond reputecaptainbicept has a reputation beyond reputecaptainbicept has a reputation beyond reputecaptainbicept has a reputation beyond reputecaptainbicept has a reputation beyond reputecaptainbicept has a reputation beyond reputecaptainbicept has a reputation beyond repute
I dont know about gifted, but my mommy tells me im very special.

If you are not ready to give it all; give up.

I'll never do steroids to get stronger. I only do them for the roid rage.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:11 PM
L202 L202 Is Off Line
Community Veteran

L202 is a splendid one to beholdL202 is a splendid one to beholdL202 is a splendid one to beholdL202 is a splendid one to beholdL202 is a splendid one to beholdL202 is a splendid one to beholdL202 is a splendid one to beholdL202 is a splendid one to beholdL202 is a splendid one to behold
Spetial boy Spetial boy! ^^^^^