World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Articles By Author > Iron Addicts Articles

Iron Addicts Articles A collection of great bodybuilding articles written by the man himself.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:05 PM
Jay Jay Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

Jay is a splendid one to beholdJay is a splendid one to beholdJay is a splendid one to beholdJay is a splendid one to beholdJay is a splendid one to beholdJay is a splendid one to beholdJay is a splendid one to beholdJay is a splendid one to beholdJay is a splendid one to beholdJay is a splendid one to behold
Lower. Below the nipples. Don't lockout at the top. Also do these in the smith, much safer.

Old 09-26-2009, 05:26 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Protestor

GBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by strongarm View Post
Just tired these out, felt very wierd. I stop after one set cause i was affraid o was doing them wrong. Maybe cause they felt so wierd. Where on the chest do you brings the bar down too? is it near the nipples range?
Imagine yourself laying down on a bench. Now imagine looking at yourself from the side. You want to keep your elbows directly under your wrists the whole time! If you don't do this you put yourself in a terrible mechanical position and you are bound to end up ....ed up.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:30 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Protestor

GBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBAGH View Post
Imagine yourself laying down on a bench. Now imagine looking at yourself from the side. You want to keep your elbows directly under your wrists the whole time! If you don't do this you put yourself in a terrible mechanical position and you are bound to end up ....ed up.
I wish I could get a side view on this, but these are good reps.

YouTube - Reverse Grip Bench Press Take 2 (www.trainatp.com)
Old 09-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Jay Jay Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

Jay is a splendid one to beholdJay is a splendid one to beholdJay is a splendid one to beholdJay is a splendid one to beholdJay is a splendid one to beholdJay is a splendid one to beholdJay is a splendid one to beholdJay is a splendid one to beholdJay is a splendid one to beholdJay is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBAGH View Post
I wish I could get a side view on this, but these are good reps.

YouTube - Reverse Grip Bench Press Take 2 (www.trainatp.com)
Yup.

You can see he actually is lowering the bar to just below the pecs.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:45 AM
bigjay bigjay Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

bigjay has a brilliant futurebigjay has a brilliant futurebigjay has a brilliant futurebigjay has a brilliant futurebigjay has a brilliant futurebigjay has a brilliant futurebigjay has a brilliant futurebigjay has a brilliant futurebigjay has a brilliant futurebigjay has a brilliant futurebigjay has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley2212 View Post
I wouldn't start with more than the bar til I get the hang of it. If bigjay ever comes back to the gym maybe I'll get a spot.

oooo snap... I just called you out sucka!
I hope you're ready for a world of pain
Old 10-20-2009, 01:53 AM
G3Cube G3Cube Is Off Line
Empty Headed Animal Food Trough Wiper

G3Cube is just really niceG3Cube is just really niceG3Cube is just really niceG3Cube is just really niceG3Cube is just really nice
The video definitely helped. My visualization of what you were describing was all wrong! Thanks for the posts, guys!
Old 10-20-2009, 01:58 AM
G3Cube G3Cube Is Off Line
Empty Headed Animal Food Trough Wiper

G3Cube is just really niceG3Cube is just really niceG3Cube is just really niceG3Cube is just really niceG3Cube is just really nice
A couple of more vids from YouTube.

YouTube - Reverse Grip Bench Press

YouTube - redpointfitness.com 275x9 reverse grip bench press
Old 03-29-2010, 06:05 PM
Scott21 Scott21 Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

Scott21 is on a distinguished road
For some odd reason I can never twist my hands in a way to be able to really grip the bar when I'm doing these. It always feels like it's going to slip, is there a way to work on my wrist flexibility?
Old 03-30-2010, 02:04 AM
Druss Druss Is Off Line
WCBB Veteran

Druss has a reputation beyond reputeDruss has a reputation beyond reputeDruss has a reputation beyond reputeDruss has a reputation beyond reputeDruss has a reputation beyond reputeDruss has a reputation beyond reputeDruss has a reputation beyond reputeDruss has a reputation beyond reputeDruss has a reputation beyond reputeDruss has a reputation beyond reputeDruss has a reputation beyond repute
Here's Basskiller showing us how its done!!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:08 PM
hanuri hanuri Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

hanuri is on a distinguished road
did them guite a lot some yrs back . because of my supraspinatus the regular grip was nono. however I did them for chest , not tri´s. the wider grip helps doing the movement IMO . I still feel them as pec movement . and a good one as well .