World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Bodybuilding and Fitness Training Journals

Shoutbox

Bodybuilding and Fitness Training Journals Keep track of your daily training routine. An interactive way to track your progress. Have others follow and help with your progress

Old 01-06-2010, 07:33 AM

Thanked 3,530 Times in 2,725 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Jipped genes "wanna be" mma routine

start by saying i have dropped from 200#+ at 12-13% bf to 170# at 9-10%bf for MMA training. i had no cardio at all when i was heavier and was too damn slow. also i am too old to actually compete in a real fight but i still give the young bucks a fair fight. my goal is 162-163 at 8%. as I have lost mass i have become faster and the loss to strength hasnt been noticable rolling or sparring.

1/5/09 circuit- upper body, squats and deads. 3 minutes each station as many reps as I could do. 80% weight on all upperbody stuff and dropping to embarassingly light weight until stopwatch went off. 2 X around.

felt good on deads and squats for 2 minutes with 150#. stripped 50# and barely made 3 minute mark. i separate squats and deads in my upperbody routine.

cool down by shadow boxing in the cardio room for 5 minutes.

75 crunches, 20 medicine ball pushups, 2 minute planks (regular and each side only made 90 seconds on the sides)

stretch

*** realize that i am no pro or even a real fighter this is a hobby and i am sure that i could train harder and do more to get in better fighting shape but i havent got the time or the will power. i am just a wanna be............but i do train with a well respected thai coach and a legitamite BJJ black belt and a state champ high school wrestler for 2 years and am a blue belt in BJJ.***

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
aragorn1500 (06-28-2017), basskiller  (06-28-2017)
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 01-06-2010, 07:54 AM
Beast Beast Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

Thanked 1,038 Times in 780 Posts
Beast has a reputation beyond reputeBeast has a reputation beyond reputeBeast has a reputation beyond reputeBeast has a reputation beyond reputeBeast has a reputation beyond reputeBeast has a reputation beyond reputeBeast has a reputation beyond reputeBeast has a reputation beyond reputeBeast has a reputation beyond reputeBeast has a reputation beyond reputeBeast has a reputation beyond repute
Different all around isn't it. We are starting a training at our gym similar to this. A lot of stations, plio's and kettle bell stuff. Lots of fun in a group too.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:01 AM
Community Veteran

Swellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond repute
Looks cool jipped. Stop making excuses .....you are more serious about this stuff than 99% of the people out there who talk this game. Don't sell yourself short. You train in a great gym, and you go hard. You don't need to qualify anything you have to say about this stuff. You know what you are doing.

I really like that you have the movements in here that actually matter. the things that make a difference.

Monday night, I added something for our fighters/wanna be fighters. We have a cardio kickboxing class that runs for an hour before the fighters class. Many of the fighters workout in that class first (but because of driving time and distance, I can't get there in time for it). So after the fighter's class, I put the folks who wanted to try it through a little workout.

I have a 50' long 2" rope, A weight sled with 145lbs, a 150lb grappling dummy, a 15# medicine ball.

15 seconds on the rope in three different movements. sprint to the sled. squat and stay on your toes.....20 yards forward and backward pulling the sled. Spring to the dummy. bear hug and carry backwards for 25 yards...on your toes. turn...throw it over your back and book it back to the head of the mat. Drop the dummy and basketball pass the medicine ball to a partner down the mat and back (side stepping). Sprint to the bag rack. 15 seconds of non-stop kicks (a never ending double/triple kick)...switch..15 seconds on the other leg.....go to the wrecking ball bag and spend 30 seconds on burn out punches.

You get a one minute break and you get to do it all over again.
Once we get going with it..the time/distance/weight changes on each stage. the plan is to make it for 5 minutes of workout with a 30 second break for 4-5 rounds.

I can't move today, and my fat out of shape ass only did one round and then helped everybody else with theirs.

Keep up the log brother. Just throwing out some ideas you might consider incorporating. We are doing this three days a week and I am going to start heavy lifting on power movements twice a week....if my old crippled up ass can handle it.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:32 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
thai class last night. warmed up on the bag. worked technique in 5 minute rounds with the focus pads. 1,2,3, slip, kick and the like. last hour was cardio and sparring. i did cardio. 5 minute rounds throwing full power combos at thai pads until i was ready to puke. alternate striking then holding every 5 minutes. started with kicks then knees then elbows and finally punches.

grappled with some guys who havent done much BJJ. wont do that again. everyone (including me was soaked with sweat) like rolling with a wet towel. luckily i am better at BJJ than anybody in my thai class so i was on top

cooled down with 100 sit ups 30 wall pushups. (touch a spot on the wall about head level while holding your body up with 1 arm)

stretch, change shirts, and went home

Old 01-08-2010, 07:32 AM

last night jogged 20 minutes. eliptical for 10 on the next to the highest level. 1 5 minute round on the bag.

situps and planks

Old 01-09-2010, 11:02 AM

took the night off last night but about to go to thai class.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:10 AM

Thanked 2,655 Times in 2,291 Posts
millenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
start by saying i have dropped from 200#+ at 12-13% bf to 170# at 9-10%bf for MMA training.
You should change your name into ripped genes
Great job, I like reading your journal even if I'm not into MMA.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:28 AM
Community Veteran

Swellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond repute
Jipped, the old saying hold lots of value........a white belt will hurt you way worse than a black belt. As a fellow old timer, I would advise you to stay the hell away from newbies. lol
Old 01-12-2010, 07:22 AM

saturday went to thai class. took a knee to the face while holding pads for a long legged guy. luckily it didnt hit my nose and my head is hard but it sprung my neck.

sunday took off thai to let my neck heal up. went to BJJ and just did light technique over the basics. amazing how working with new guys helps your game. i am telling them things to help them and i realize that i am a bit sloppy in the same move.

cardio last night. with some shadow boxing

Old 01-12-2010, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenium girl View Post
You should change your name into ripped genes
Great job, I like reading your journal even if I'm not into MMA.
thanks. far from ripped. will work hard this summer to trim the love handles and little belly i have. its not bad but it covers the lower part of my abs. my wife always says i look better than any 40 year old man we see at the beach or at the pool.

may be true but i am not competeing with them i want to be the best i can be..........you know what i am saying?