World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Bodybuilding and Fitness Training Journals

Shoutbox

Bodybuilding and Fitness Training Journals Keep track of your daily training routine. An interactive way to track your progress. Have others follow and help with your progress

Old 01-24-2010, 01:00 PM
~R~F~G~ ~R~F~G~ Is Off Line

Thanked 4,163 Times in 2,803 Posts
~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute
Guys 25 cant hold up to what your doing. Gotta give you alot of credit Bro... THis isnt easy. Keep it up...

Kid I work with just got his Blue Belt in BJJ... Said he had to wrestle for an hour straight. Soon as his apponant was tired a fresh one jumped on him.. For an hour with no break.. I'll take picking up heavy things over that..
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 01-25-2010, 07:19 AM

Thanked 3,520 Times in 2,716 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~R~F~G~ View Post
Guys 25 cant hold up to what your doing. Gotta give you alot of credit Bro... THis isnt easy. Keep it up...

Kid I work with just got his Blue Belt in BJJ... Said he had to wrestle for an hour straight. Soon as his apponant was tired a fresh one jumped on him.. For an hour with no break.. I'll take picking up heavy things over that..
yesterday was a hell day like that at BJJ. I went to thai boxing first and we worked hard. mostly on our hands. many of us have shins that look like hambuger meat and one guy got a knot that filled with fluid and had to be popped. i was beat when i left. went home changed and my brother picked me up for BJJ

i made the mistake of mentioning within earshot of my instructor i was already tired. he said nothing then made us do 100 up/downs and sprawl drills. we reviewed a couple things then he made me grapple everybody in class. It was a small class yesterday but my brother is a short stout never tireing ball of fury. and then i rolled with my coach who pushed me to the puke limit.

only the second time i puked while training

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Old 01-27-2010, 07:12 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
went to the gym last night. did an upper body circuit but went heavy on bench just to see if i still could. i rarely go over 135# on bench and do 20-30 reps per set

jumped up to 225# for a set. it felt heavy and only got 4. this is after a 30 rep set at 135# but still i used to rep 275# for 10.

dosnt bother me, my functional strength is much better than it ever was in my power lifting days

Old 01-28-2010, 07:13 AM

last night was all about cleaning up our uppercuts and hooks. i am used to throwing combos with both UCs and hooks but damn we did it all night. (probably because most of us had poor form)

left shoulder is sore today. sparred for 1 round against a young guy with the same experience. i feel my technique is better but i am slow. i definately punch and kick harder than him but he was striking me 2 to 1 (we dont count glancing blows) thats alright because on the ground i run over this kid like a pitbull on a poodle

Old 01-28-2010, 08:27 PM

sprints, up/ downs and pummleing drills then shadow boxed for a couple rounds. (i think it has really helped put snap in my punches)

ran sprints, backward and forward. a little medicine ball work

i am feeling better and less beat up after training than when i started thai boxing at the new gym.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:22 PM
Community Veteran

Swellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond repute
Glad to hear that your body is starting to adjust to it.

How were your ribs and lats after working the uppercuts and hooks? When I run our gang through this, everybody bitches about their sides being sore for a week. Mine are sore afterward too, but I don't bitch about it....not too much anyway. lol
Old 02-01-2010, 07:14 AM

saturday, thai boxing we did cardio drills then worked the clench and then sparred. i sparred a 220# guy who has had several amateur fights and has been thai boxing since he was a boy.

my thighs have knots like half a baseball in them. my kicks were ineffective but i did clock him with a straight right and a left hook. other than that in my 2-3 minute rounds i didnt land any other shots cleanly. also he was being easy on me. by the end i was pretty busted up and couldnt get enough air. khru seemed happy with my dismal performance

Old 02-01-2010, 07:28 AM

yesterday skipped thaiboxing as my hurt toe swole up and my legs were fubar.

i went to BJJ as i only have 1 class a week for advanced guys. i dont attend the begginer classes much although i should. i have found i learn alot form their mistakes and clean up my own game of little mistakes.

i thought i would just work technique and relax a bit.

nope.........i grappled 5 times. my coach was the easy one as he is smooth and flowing and never really muscles but we have a couple of "muscleheads" (no disrespect meant as one is my brother) and they like grappleing me as the lightest guy in the class. and we have a new student, he is a former college wrestler with a few months of BJJ and he is again 40# more than me.

i submitted all but my brother and my coach.

i let my brother work arm bars, i would escape each time and tell him what he did wrong and roll him back to mount until he finally did it right and i let him have it. i call him little ball of fury. he is only 5'6" weighs as much as me and is 7-8%bf and is much more athletic.

now my elbows are sore my legs wobble when i walk and my toe throbs. my neck is a bit tweaked from the big guys trying for chokes when there were none.

oh my coach put me to sleep with an RNC. i didnt feel the pressure until i went grey he is a slick cat. i am privaledged to be trained by a legit BB

Old 02-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Community Veteran

Swellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond repute
I understand the musclehead comment completely! When you don't have technique, you rely on muscle to make up for it....and it doesn't work.

It is truly a joy to watch/roll with somebody who REALLY knows what they are doing. You get sub'd and don't know what happened or how. You laugh at shit because you realize that as soon as you do "x," you fell into the trap that was being laid for you. You are at the level where you understand laying traps in jits...feints in order to set up something. Use that mindset with your MT. Make him think you are doing THIS...just so he leaves THAT open.

I love reading your journal Jipped. Keep it up buddy.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swellin View Post
Make him think you are doing THIS...just so he leaves THAT open.

I love reading your journal Jipped. Keep it up buddy.

thanks bro, that is what i do. my fav move is the tight roll. i bait a guy into passing my guard and i fake like i am gonna recover it. when they put their weight forward i roll them and now i am in side control and try to mount immediately. even if it dosnt work and they throw their weight back it leaves a big hole to throw my knee through and recover guard.

i have noticed i think in 2-3 moves at a time. i actually like being on bottom. if a guy is scared he may get reversed or swept he isnt as ready for an armbar or triangle or even a ki lock from the bottom or a guillotine. and if we spar MMA its not as much fun because i get punched alot trying to play BJJ. i pretty much roll 90% without a gi now which i like too.

martial arts are a blast.