World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Bodybuilding and Fitness Training Journals

Shoutbox

Bodybuilding and Fitness Training Journals Keep track of your daily training routine. An interactive way to track your progress. Have others follow and help with your progress

Old 02-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Community Veteran

Swellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond repute
I had an instructor explain it to me like this (jits instructor).....

A white belt reacts.

A blue belt is thinking 1-2 moves ahead.

A purple belt is 3 moves ahead.

A brown belt is 4 moves ahead with a complete decision tree based on those moves and the response by the opponent.

A black belt is light years ahead.

It is easier to do that in jiu-jitsu than in sparring. In jits, you make one mistake and you are either tapping or recovering. When you spar in MT, you make a mistake and you get hit....and it hurts. It seems like there is a bigger risk/reward in stand up. So it is harder to get to the point where you begin to bait people with your standup.

I just found out about a fight coming up at the end of March. I was asked to cut 30lbs. lmao
I knew this eating with no restraint would catch up to me!
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 02-03-2010, 07:14 AM

Thanked 3,529 Times in 2,725 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
LOL. eating is a big prob with me too. i should be 165# for my frame. i am skinny but it helps my speed and endurance.

last night did cardio for 25 minutes kept a level pace at about half the resistance on the eliptical and 170-180 strokes per minute (that sounds funny when i read it)

after cardio and i was breathing a bit i did sprints on the track. not many because my toe is still jacked. finished with 100 sit ups on the decline bench and planks which have gotten very easy. i may have my son sit on my back when i do them next time to see how i do

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Old 02-03-2010, 08:45 AM
Community Veteran

Swellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond repute
Sit ups on the decline bench........

If your lower back can stand it, get a heavy dumbell. Hold it high on your chest...cross your arms around it and keep it up close to your shoulders. the lower you let it drop, the less leverage you experience from the db. If you keep it up on your shoulders, it will smoke you. Start with a 45-50lb db and go for 3 sets of 8-12. When you are able to get all reps for all sets, increase the db. Do not let your shoulder blades hit the bench....keep 100% of the weight on your abs. When you rotate up to the top of the lift, don't roll over your hips. If you do, you take the weight off your abs. Keep the weight on your abs for the whole set.

This will slam your abs and will help you a ton with core strength.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swellin For This Useful Post:
jipped genes (02-10-2010), Texas Strong (02-03-2010)
Old 02-10-2010, 07:24 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
cool bro. been away for a bit my router died. i wont bore you with the missed training stuff as it was pretty normal. i am coming up on my first thai practical test. just to see if i am punching and kicking, blocking and slipping properly. i did get kicked in the side of the head sparring on sunday. no one has thrown head kicks since i have been there so i didnt think to block it.

fair enough

BJJ is going well, we got 2 new students one of which was a OU college wrestler. he is 230# a bit soft but still has good top control. once on his back he is easy pickins. problem is he is 60# bigger and alot stronger than me.

my coach says these 2 big guys will help my game alot. also my brother aka "little ball of fury" is in class now. he is lightning fast and super human strong but he dosnt have a good base yet. he is coming along nicely

Old 02-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Community Veteran

I catch lots of guys trying to slip one way or another and they leave their hands low when they move. So I throw lots of head kicks when they are trying to get away from me pushing the action. If they circle hard, I throw the kick to the head. So be sure that when you are trying to evade one way or another, be sure to keep your hand up on the side to which you are moving!

As you well know...big guys make you work technique in jits.
The big boys will certainly help your technique.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:23 AM

worked clench last night, no sparring. did sprints, situps and push ups. dosnt sound hard but it went just like that with no rest for 5 sets. sprint 40 yards all out, flop down and do 50 situps and roll over and do 20 pushups. back to the feet and sprint back and do it again.

i got most of the situps (i did cheat a bit) but my tris and pecs after the 2nd set were jello so the third set was difficult and the 4th and 5th were agony

then we went in and did a round.

it went 1,2,3 clench, 3 knees to a belly pad and jut them off and do it again.

i held for 3 guys for 3 fricken rounds and was the last one to go in front of the whole class. i made it but those knees wouldnt have hurt a new born baby they were so weak

i threw up

first time, been close before but this did it

Old 02-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Community Veteran

Holding pads for knees is a friggin workout. Holding pads period...is a workout. I held a kicking shield for our big guy to work knees last week. He is 6'4" 300lbs and a strongman competitor. My whole body hurt for 4 days.

That is one hell of a workout you went through jipped. I don't know how you made it all the way through it.

BTW, I bet you can't turn your head to the side today. Clinch work jacks your neck bad.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:11 AM
Community Veteran

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
worked clench last night, no sparring. did sprints, situps and push ups. dosnt sound hard but it went just like that with no rest for 5 sets. sprint 40 yards all out, flop down and do 50 situps and roll over and do 20 pushups. back to the feet and sprint back and do it again.

i got most of the situps (i did cheat a bit) but my tris and pecs after the 2nd set were jello so the third set was difficult and the 4th and 5th were agony

then we went in and did a round.

it went 1,2,3 clench, 3 knees to a belly pad and jut them off and do it again.

i held for 3 guys for 3 fricken rounds and was the last one to go in front of the whole class. i made it but those knees wouldnt have hurt a new born baby they were so weak

i threw up

first time, been close before but this did it

Nice to see someone else on here is also training in Muay Thai. I started 4 years ago training in mma with james irvin in Sac, CA. Loved the muay thai portion so much I started driving to the bay to train in the bay area at Fairtex, with jongsanan fairtex/Gunyo fairtex. Since then I have also incorporated some smoker matches, training under Adjarn Andy K.

Keep up the good work(and ur hands)!!
Old 02-22-2010, 07:16 AM

back from a conference in san antonio. drank too much, ate too much but did manage one workout in the hotel gym which was the nicest i have seen. skipped thai and BJJ yesterday. my left elbow is still messed up after one of the gorillas armbarred me sunday last.

i will start again on weds

Old 02-23-2010, 12:44 AM
Community Veteran

I spent last week trying to catch yellow fin tuna in Louisiana and eating like a famished freak. I have a fight at the end of March. I broke my hand two weeks ago, and I still have 20lbs left to cut. lol
Tonight I was working a drill and the other guy didn't understand at all. He threw a knee (wasn't supposed to throw anything), as I ducked under...and found it planted squarely in my snoot. Nose looks kind of shitty now. Don't think it's broken though....so I'm still planning to fight.

Looks like it is time for both of us to get back on track.