World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Bodybuilding and Fitness Training Journals

Shoutbox

Bodybuilding and Fitness Training Journals Keep track of your daily training routine. An interactive way to track your progress. Have others follow and help with your progress

Old 02-23-2010, 07:15 AM

Thanked 3,545 Times in 2,735 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
damn bro that sucks about the hand and the nose. i have been lucky with several close calls in training but nothing bad .................yet other than a couple broken teeth.

i love fishing. never got to do any deep see fishing or even in a bay. i would eat the yellowfin raw

last night did cardio for 25minutes. felt pretty good pushed hard for the short time. then did a circuit. left out bis and tris as well as bench due to my left elbow

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 02-26-2010, 07:17 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
had a bit of a stomach bug, havent done anything weds or thurs and lost 4-5#. probably water from puking but i havent eaten anything substantial either. feel weak.

going to go to thai boxing saturday and see how i feel.

and good news i may have the opportunity to train 3 months with a state champ highschool wrestling coach. and it will only cost me $100 for the whole think 2X a week.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:45 AM
Community Veteran

Swellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome jipped. that wrestling will help tremendously. My fight got pushed back a couple of weeks. It was on march 27th, the GSP fight date. so they pushed it back one week...Easter. then they decided to push it back another week. That's good! I have more time to heal and cut weight. lol
Old 02-28-2010, 09:03 AM

good deal swell, hard to fight hurt, i have never cut weight for a fight i am sure its hard.

yesterday at thai class we started with brutal PT. box hops for 2- 1 minute rounds (flat footed hop onto an 18" tall box and back down as fast as possible)

then steps for 2- 2 minute rounds (simple step up with left then right and back down quickly)

box push ups. one hand on the box and the other on the mat. 10 per side 3X so a total of 60. my body failed me with just a few left. Khru yelled at me to finish but i just couldnt push (i felt really ill after having a bad stomach virus weds and thurs)

sprints 20 yards 10 seconds between. i knew i was gonna puke

after that it was to thai training. Khru likes to see us train beat from time to time. 50 double roundhouse kicks each side. this is when i spewed. couldnt make it to the bathroom and puked in the trashcan. (the man who pukes in the trashcan emptys it until someone else does it, could be a week or a year)

i finished the workout but at 1/3 speed until the last round of 1,2 i pushed it.

guys sparred, i had no wind.

my Son is going to test for basic level 1 and will spar for the first time later this month

Old 03-01-2010, 07:31 AM

sunday trained hard again. i was better, i ate right saturday and drank alot of water. i performed well

did technique for 30 minutes then did clenchwork.

anyone who thai boxes or does greco wrestling knows how tireing the clench can be for those of us who arent used to it.

i did 5- 3 minute rounds of it. the first 3 were just clench and try to throw your opponent off his feet ( i was matched up with the khru so i never came close and he took it easy on me) the second 2 rounds were clench to any takedown you can get ands work on the ground

again i had khru. he made me work and pulled me down with the thai clench twice, both times he tried to guillotine me. i escaped both times

i went with a 21 year old young man next. i am 20 # bigger and have more ground experience but was tired. i just grabbed him and pulled guard. he passed and mounted quick but squeezed his knees when i tried hip escape. i bridge and flipped him. ended up in mount locked up the head and arm choke, dropped off in side mount and finished him.

khru asked me to go with a new student who has never thai boxed before. i found out he was a judo guy when i went head over heels a couple of times. i was already tired and my shots were lazy and half hearted. i stuck with it (my khru told me to have heavy balls so he couldnt throw me. he didnt get another throw but i never came close to putting him down..

5 minutes of jumping jacks, 40 pushups and 100 situps

BJJ class an hour after this i did technique only and didnt roll. only 3 showed today so it was like a private lesson. i cleaned up my spin flip and feel good about it now as well as some other little nuggets of info.

my brother is getting good, he is truely a little ball of fury. and will be better than me in a year

Old 03-01-2010, 08:15 AM
Community Veteran

Swellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
i found out he was a judo guy when i went head over heels a couple of times
I actually LOL'd at this, because I knew what was coming at the end of the sentence.

Depending on rules, Judo throws are not allowed in Muay Thai. Dirty trick of the day.....when utilizing a take down in Thai, your objective is to make the other guy gas by having to haul his ass up from the mat multiple times. Every now and then, it is worth the effort for you to go down on top of him....oops. Get tied up and let your weight land on his chest/stomach. guard the boys and your face from knees/elbows as you land. But you get to push that little bit of extra gas out of his lungs, and he gets to cushion your fall.

You can't do it every time, or it will be obvious. Plus, you don't want to do it every time because it will gas you! You are already worn down from all of the clench work anyway.

Jipped, I bet your neck feels like a gorilla is sitting on it today.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:16 AM

my neck and my ear brother. my right ear is swole and bruised. it gets tender from grappling from time to time but we classed the sides of our heads several times. its not like califlower(sp?) ear but it hurts.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Community Veteran

Yep, I know exactly what you mean. Us old farts have different ailments than the young bucks. Our old thin skin will tear when the velcro on the gloves isn't mashed down good and you are neck wrestling. Velcro feels like it burns the shit out of you!
Old 03-04-2010, 07:17 AM

last night was a moderate workout. we did response and defense drills.

lots of checked kicks, my shins look like they were beat with a police baton as do my outside forearms.

it was holders choice on the kicks. i would throw a 1,2,3 and they would blast me with a kick immediately................somewhere.

i missed a few so my left quad is sore as is my right side. i block rib kicks from the back foot well but when they throw the long side i am retarded.

40 box pushups 50 box situps and we were done.

khru told us we are going to work like a thai on saturday. when a former international middle weight champ who trained hardcore in thailand tells you its "gonna be rough for all including me" i fear for my very life LOL

Old 03-05-2010, 07:13 AM

last night did a 1 circuit then ran intervals. jogged 3 laps on the track and sprinted 1. did that for 15 minutes then abs and went home to eat