World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements HideMyAss
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Diet and Nutrition > Suppz.com - Bodybuilding Supplement Superstore

Shoutbox

Suppz.com - Bodybuilding Supplement Superstore

Old 11-14-2017, 04:20 PM
joe1313 joe1313 Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

joe1313 has a reputation beyond reputejoe1313 has a reputation beyond reputejoe1313 has a reputation beyond reputejoe1313 has a reputation beyond reputejoe1313 has a reputation beyond reputejoe1313 has a reputation beyond reputejoe1313 has a reputation beyond reputejoe1313 has a reputation beyond reputejoe1313 has a reputation beyond reputejoe1313 has a reputation beyond reputejoe1313 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1food4u View Post
I've gotten a couple inquiries about price. At the moment cant answer. I've sent an email to the people at suppz, should have an answer soon....
Quote:
MEAT MADNESS...

spice #1
The blend tastes very mild but has body. The flavors blend well, none over powers the others. The flavor is pleasant and warm.

started by using the recommended 1/4 tsp. To keep things level I used 4 oz. portions

Chicken... the 1/4 tsp. seasoned the chicken well, tasted good, left me wanting a little more something

Pork... the 1/4 tsp. seasoned the pork ok but I felt a touch more would have been better, again very pleasant taste

Beef... here I felt that doubling the portion of seasoning was necessary, but keep in mind that at 151 mg sodium per serving the 302mg used was still far less sodium than 1 portion of Lawry's at 1/4 tsp.

Salmon...here I was left wanting a bit. The rich oil content of the salmon didn't work well with the seasoning, I'm thinking that a lighter fish, bass or cod may accept the flavor better.

The big surprise... This seasoning was EXCELLENT on grilled vegetable!!!! zucchini, eggplant, asparagus and tomatoes all tasted vibrant and fresh, I mixed the spice into olive oil to toss the veggies before grilling.

Over all I liked this flavor, it is a great base from which to build. If you go a little heavier than the recommended serving size I think you'll have better results
Quote:
To date I haven't received word from Suppz.com on pricing, not sure about linking directly to the manufacturers site as I'm doing the review for Suppz. I'll keep you posted
Quote:
Beast Prep... spice #2

The blend tastes very mild but has body. The flavors blend well, Garlic takes the forefront in the blend. The flavor is pleasant and warm.

started by using the recommended 1/4 tsp. To keep things level I used 4 oz. portions

Chicken.... the 1/4 tsp portion did well, for my tastes a bit more would have been perfect

Pork... the 1/4 tsp was pleasant, the flavors against the pork were great! but again I think a bit more is needed

Beef... the 1/4 tsp was not enough, I used a second portion and the results were significant, the spice blend was perfect for the beef

Sea bass... the 1/4 tsp was a good match, just enough spice to taste but let the flavor of the fish come through..

Grilled veggies... the 1/4 tsp was again mixed in oil and the veggies tossed in it before grilling. It was a good match to the veggies, gibing a pit of body.

The Beast prep would be a great blend to try if you are a food purist, that is to say you like a little flavor but want the natural flavor of your food not to be masked. I found that with this blend the flavors came out at 1/4 tsp but didn't pop until the second tsp was added.
Thanks for doing this. I sent you a PM explaining my absence here.

Link to website. https://thespicebeast.com/collections/all
The Following User Says Thank You to joe1313 For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (11-16-2017)
Old 11-16-2017, 12:31 PM

Thanked 3,149 Times in 2,501 Posts
A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
Family first!!! Always!!!
Old 11-16-2017, 12:47 PM

A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
Spice #3 Ocean's seven

By far the most complex blend sent. The ingredients being a mix of leafy herbs and fine ground spices needs to be shaken before each use as the ingredients tend to settle. My advice would be to store this one upside down on its lid, that way the lighter flakier ingredients wont be bunched up on top.

This is also the seasoning with the lowest sodium profile of all the spice blends.

chicken... the 1/4 tsp was nice, a bit mild but very flavorful, I sautéed the chicken, baking may work better. There is a nice balance to the herbs.

Pork.. the 1/4 tsp wasn't quite enough, the pork's flavor came through but some of the underlying flavors in the spice were lost. Another shake and I was happy

Beef... didn't try it the label didn't mention it

Veal.... the 1/4 tsp seasoned this nicely, very full flavor very complimentary to the veal

Sea bass.... this is where the seasoning had its shining moment. the flavor was rich and delicious, the 1/4 tsp was probably enough but I dusted it just a bit more, very enjoyable.

Shrimp... another winner....
Tuna steak.... very nice

Grilled veggies... and again nice flavor at the 1/4 tsp but a touch more really made the dish

To date this is my favorite. the blend is well balanced, even though the sodium is way low it seasons the meats chosen nicely, very complimentary without masking the taste of the protein...

THIS ONE GETS A BIG THUMBS UP!!!!!!
Old 11-28-2017, 02:29 PM

Let me apologize for the gap but was busy with the holiday

Spice # 4 POWER MEX

The blend stays mixed well, it has a peppery earthy taste. Only 88 mg sodium. this is surprising because of the fullness in the seasonings flavor. My initial thought is that the blend would benefit from a bit of dry cumin or cilantro. During the trial I added a pinch of both and the result was very pleasant.

chicken... oddly the suggested 1/4 tsp flavored this nicely, the cumin and cilantro addition made the taste leap towards traditional Mexican food

Pork... here I added a touch more as the pork seemed to mask the light flavor, very pleasant got the same flavor result adding the cumin and cilantro

Beef... this was very successful but at twice the recommended serving size, I felt goo about it though as the sodium was still way under 200 mg. didn't need the added spice

shrimp.... touchdown, and with a squeeze of fresh lime juice the dish excelled
Halibut... spot on again adding the citrus juice, fresh tomato brightened the whole dish

as just a bit of fun we substituted this spice in our pico recipe, the result was outstanding...

I liked this blend very much, I do think though to get that truly MEX flavor cumin would be a nice addition
Old 12-05-2017, 01:31 PM

Epilog

My overall impression of the product is very very favorable. As a professional I am rather stingy with praise and I tend to be a touch too analytical, but I see the real value in this product line.

First, as individuals who care what goes into our bodies you can’t beat that these products are an Organic, natural, non-GMO, non-irradiated, gluten free, sugar free and no preservative added product line. Now let’s all be honest, we pay extra for eating this way. It's much harder to produce products of this quality and so they cost a tad more. The introduction of Pea protein as an anti-caking ingredient is genius!

Second, not all lifters have made a lifetime career creating food. Having the variety that this line puts forward makes it easy to season meals differently without a lot of time and effort. All the spice blends were very flavorful and very enjoyably different. If you read my whole log it appears that I wasn't happy with some, that is untrue! In my desire to be fact oriented I used the products as per the serving size listed on the bottle. Let’s be real though, when seasoning a meal how many of us will measure a 1/4 tsp??? No One!!! But as the sodium content of the product line is so low in comparison to other over market products I feel confident that the extra sprinkle of spice is still far healthier than those others.

Third, the pea protein. Although the overall gram/serving addition is small I think the important thing to note is the manufacturer added a healthy ingredient to solve a problem that is all too often corrected by adding substantial amounts of chemicals. I have had the blends open on a counter in my home for two weeks now and they are still as easy to sprinkle as the day the bottles were opened. Pea Protein... Genius!!

Fourth, the use of a glass bottle instead of plastic is awesome. No chemical transference. No alteration of flavor. Better protection against humidity and temperature change. It's a quality oriented extra step that this guy appreciates.

Finally and most important....FLAVOR! The blends deliver! None of the blends were overpowering, none had a single ingredient over shadow the rest, none had a bitter aftertaste. The blends are all very versatile. They are easy to use and as such add a little variety to your meal prep. Prep meals as you always have, leaving the spices out though, now you can shake on the flavor of the day as you eat, so although it’s the same chicken as yesterday it has a new appealing flavor.

So in the end I give this line two cheffly thumbs up!!!!

Last edited by A1food4u; 12-05-2017 at 01:36 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A1food4u For This Useful Post:
blm (12-05-2017), trip (12-06-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 01:37 PM
Community Veteran

blm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for taking the time to do such a quality and thorough review. I'm sold.
The Following User Says Thank You to blm For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (12-05-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 02:16 PM
millenium girl millenium girl Is Off Line

Thanked 2,443 Times in 2,102 Posts
millenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond repute
I put all kinda spices in everything I eat including my shakes. Too bad this company isn't located in Europe.
A1food4u (12-05-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 02:57 PM

yes MG, because the spices are packed in glass they'd be heavy to ship internationally I think... sad face...
Old 12-05-2017, 07:41 PM
Pimpin ain't easy

Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,424 Posts
-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute
Fantastic review, A1
The Following User Says Thank You to -TE- For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (12-05-2017)