World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements HideMyAss
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Bodybuilding Discussion forum > Bodybuilding Articles

Shoutbox

Old 12-13-2015, 07:29 AM
basskiller basskiller Is Off Line
Administrator

Thanked 18,224 Times in 10,555 Posts
basskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond repute
Skinny Kid Syndrome Part I

Having come across a fair number of bodybuilders in my time, I feel fairly confident in saying this. Chances are, if you're at least a semi-serious weightlifter, you got into it for one of a small range of reasons. Either (A) you were the fat kid in high school; (B) the skinny kid in high school; (C) A or B plus girl just dumped you; or, most detested of all: (D) you were always fit and just wanted to emphasize your natural gifts.

This article is for the skinny kids, current and former. We're a minority to be sure, but being a twiggy, no less than being a fatty, can seem like an irreversible and cruel fate-- carved into stone and no more changeable than Michelangelo's David. But while we all have our genetic predispositions, there is one truth you can bet your bony ass on. In order to stay awkwardly thin, you have to think like a thin kid. Battling thinness, just like battling fatness, is a lifelong struggle in how you think, as well as how you train.

But first you have to decide. What do you want for yourself? Lots of us skinnies are in an awkward position. First of all, everyone around wants to be us. If you're female, forget it. Anything chunker than Body by Auschwitz is considered a crime by the fashion elite. More recently, being a skinny guy has become mainstream. But before you get those trendy tattoos, invest in that tight thrift store t-shirt and fanny pack, you might actually want to think about what it is you want for yourself. Obviously, if you're happy with yourself, there's no reason to keep on reading. But if you're stuck in the skinny zone and don't know what to do to get out. Help is on the way.

A big reason people stay fat or skinny when they don't want to is simply this: we're all really good at making excuses. Let's tackle some of these perpetual myths right now shall we?

(1) "I eat and I eat and I eat and it doesn't matter how much. I never gain any weight."

Let's get one thing perfectly clear. Yes we all have slight variations in metabolism. But the bottom line is this: if you eat less calories than you burn, you're going to get thinner. Calories don't disappear or get sucked into a black hole that magically took up residence in your small intestine. Every skinny kid I know who claims to eat "all the time" is usually practicing a little selective memory.

(2) "I eat until I'm full almost constantly, and nothing seems to improve."

Just like the extremely obese have large stomachs that sometimes have to be Stapled to keep them from gaining any more weight, skinny kids usually have stomachs so tiny, that if they were a bladder, you'd be peeing every 30 minutes. There are two solutions to this problem. The first, generally recommended to all bodybuilders, is to eat numerous (6+) small meals throughout the day instead of the usual 3. This not only keeps your body with a constant supply of building blocks and energy, but it decreases the pain of having to stuff yourself 3 times a day, often to no avail. The second solution is to eat calorie dense foods. In other words, cut the fluffy bread and pasta and go for high calorie bullets packed into small sized portions. Beef, chicken, tuna, cottage cheese, eggs. These are all protein and calorie rich and don't stuff as much as other foods. Be sure to keep up with the fiber! Supplement a couple times a day and your bowels will thank you for it.

Many studies have shown that overweight people tend to be "nervous eaters," reaching out to food as a sort of comfort during stressful situations. The corollary to this, as I know very well from personal experience, is that skinny kids are "nervous starvers." Any stressful situation and you can forget about eating. I've gone days on a bowl of rice when the stress really hits, where I know people in the exact same situations couldn't stop stuffing their gullets. We're just built differently is all. But the solution may be very similar.

Stress is linked with the body's release of a hormone called cortisol. It is, in many ways, the opposite of testosterone. Not only will it break down bodymass, but it will (for skinnies) prevent you from replacing it by eliminating hunger. Fortunately, cortisol and testosterone are bitter enemies. A rise in one leads to decrease in the other. And there's no better (natural) way to increase testosterone than doing some heavy low rep high weight sets at the gym. Not particular groundbreaking news here, but exercises that release the most testosterone (squats for example) will also most efficiently suppress cortisol and reawaken the hunger.

Skinny Kid Syndrome Part I

by: Pavel

W C B B Sponsors
Species Nutrition
PrecisionPinz

W C B B Affiliates
PowderCity.com
BulkSupplements.com
HideMyAss Security Proxy<---- Protect your online activity
Home Chemistry Conversions
Egg Whites International <---100% Bio-Available Egg White Protein

Remember... Any advice given on this board is just an opinion and not to be taken as medical advice. WCBB doesn't advocate or condone use of steroids. Check the laws in your country. WCBB just provides the platform in which to discuss such matters
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 12-13-2015, 07:48 AM
ozzy69 ozzy69 Is Off Line

Thanked 1,689 Times in 1,242 Posts
ozzy69 has a reputation beyond reputeozzy69 has a reputation beyond reputeozzy69 has a reputation beyond reputeozzy69 has a reputation beyond reputeozzy69 has a reputation beyond reputeozzy69 has a reputation beyond reputeozzy69 has a reputation beyond reputeozzy69 has a reputation beyond reputeozzy69 has a reputation beyond reputeozzy69 has a reputation beyond reputeozzy69 has a reputation beyond repute
I started lifting to rehab an injury and just stuck with it