World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Medical and Physical Therapy questions

Shoutbox

Medical and Physical Therapy questions A place to talk about current and or past injuries and possibly how to deal with those injuries. Any advice should not be considered as medical advice, but rather from one person to another as you might ask a friend.

Old 07-23-2018, 04:05 AM
Community Veteran

Machiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond repute
Elbow issue

I dislocated my elbow when I was younger and when they set my arm .. My left is 2mm approx shorter than my right and the curve when straightened is slightly different.

I haven't trained in a couple of years due to other issues, anyway when I hit the gym this morning I found my left arm to be weaker than my right in all exercises. .. Bicep curls, dumbbell flies etc.i also know that tomorrow I'm going to have stiffness in that joint... Is there anyway I can strengthen this so its not an issue?
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 07-23-2018, 06:20 AM

Thanked 2,569 Times in 2,215 Posts
millenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond repute
I have the same issue with my left shoulder Mini and I tried about everything, nothing really worked. I find it really hard to work with Dumbbells because the left side is weaker than the right side. I'm sure Glyco or lifts will come up with some miracle cure for you
Old 07-23-2018, 08:02 PM
TommyD TommyD Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,297 Times in 1,048 Posts
TommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond repute
Have you talked with an orthopaedist about any issues structurally? That and/or a physical therapist that specializes in rehab/sports medicine may be of help.

We can suggest things but we really don't know what is really going on in the joint, it could make things worse for ya.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:15 PM
Community Veteran

Pen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond repute
I'd absolutely have it checked for any kind of nerve damage or something impinging on the nerve. If it's something like that and you don't get it fixed you will permanently lose muscle strength AND muscle size. Once it atrophies long enough you'll never get it back.

I was having some back pain from an old injury and I noticed I couldn't lift my foot and toes like I usually could. Got it checked out and doc said if I had let it go any longer I would have had a permenant case of "drop foot." Still took me months to get it back to normal. Nerves repair very slowly.

With nerve damage, simply doing more exercise won't cut it. The unaffected muscles will overcompensate but the affected ones will atrophy. You'll lose symmetry in no time. This happened a bit to me when I dislocated my shoulders. Imperceptible, but I can still tell. Good luck!
Old 07-24-2018, 04:01 AM
Community Veteran

Machiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen Sillman View Post
I'd absolutely have it checked for any kind of nerve damage or something impinging on the nerve. If it's something like that and you don't get it fixed you will permanently lose muscle strength AND muscle size. Once it atrophies long enough you'll never get it back.

I was having some back pain from an old injury and I noticed I couldn't lift my foot and toes like I usually could. Got it checked out and doc said if I had let it go any longer I would have had a permenant case of "drop foot." Still took me months to get it back to normal. Nerves repair very slowly.

With nerve damage, simply doing more exercise won't cut it. The unaffected muscles will overcompensate but the affected ones will atrophy. You'll lose symmetry in no time. This happened a bit to me when I dislocated my shoulders. Imperceptible, but I can still tell. Good luck!
Everything is symmetrical at the minute and when I was training before I don't remember it being an issue before. I trained once with a buddy a few weeks ago and after that session it was much worse than it was yesterday. I'm hoping it is going to strengthen. I'm going to possibly use more machines for a while to isolate the muscle to try prevent asymmetry and also get a support. Going to call my physio today....she works with Olympic athletes here and is the only person I'll let out her hands on me.

I should also be getting my medical records soon... If the doctor hasn't specifically stated anything remarkable about my arm.. Or why it was set "wrong" they can break it and reset it. Otherwise I'll be contacting a lawyer.
Old 07-24-2018, 01:05 PM

Thanked 3,462 Times in 2,764 Posts
A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
Nothing of substance to add, just hoping you get it sorted out
Old 07-24-2018, 03:44 PM
Community Veteran

I've been doing some research and it's me lateral collateral ligament in my elbow, going to see PT soon. May need a referral for surgery, otherwise it's just ice ice baby for the minute
Old 07-24-2018, 06:07 PM
Community Veteran

Pen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond repute
Hope it works out for you bro. Re-break and repair would suck.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:37 AM

Thanked 2,569 Times in 2,215 Posts
millenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen Sillman View Post
Hope it works out for you bro. Re-break and repair would suck.
Surgery sucks big time. I hope a good PT will fix this xx