World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Anabolic Steroid Discussion > Hormone Replacement Therapy

Shoutbox

Hormone Replacement Therapy Learn and discuss more on Testosterone Therapy and Hormone Replacement The role testosterone plays in maintaining youthful Testosterone Levels, alleviating depression, as well as inducing fat loss in those who are unable to reduce body weight regardless of diet and exercise.

Old 12-11-2016, 07:43 PM
Lumpy Moderator

Thanked 4,453 Times in 2,816 Posts
Glycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyD View Post
Find a doc and call to see if they take your insurance. If they do, they will be able to tell you what your plan allows and what copay will be. My insurance pays for my man rub and all my tests, I usually get enough for a couple of months, there is an amount that the doc can prescribe, usually controlled by the Gubbermint, since it IS a controlled substance.

There used to be a doc on the Boards years ago that went by the name Swale, a lot of his writings on running TRT can be found by doing a search. Basically everything you need, SERM's, anti E's and Hcg schemes.
Swale is Jon Crisler. He is a pretty knowledgeable TRT doc. There are probably dozens of his lectures at universities and such where he speaks.

Old 12-11-2016, 09:53 PM
Worldclassbodybuilder

Dlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond repute
I think that about covers all my questions for now, except the one concerning being allowed to self inject. I take it that most Drs. don't have a problem with that? Take care guys and have a great x- mass. ( Every one sigh's heavily and thanks God that Olson finally ran out of ?s concerning TRT)😂
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dlolson35 For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (12-28-2016), Darkness (12-11-2016)
Old 12-11-2016, 10:24 PM

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,371 Posts
Darkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlolson35 View Post
I think that about covers all my questions for now, except the one concerning being allowed to self inject. I take it that most Drs. don't have a problem with that? Take care guys and have a great x- mass. ( Every one sigh's heavily and thanks God that Olson finally ran out of ?s concerning TRT)😂
Everyone here appreciates conversations about this. It's why we come here. Keep comin back bro.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:18 AM
TommyD TommyD Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,278 Times in 1,031 Posts
TommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
We welcome questions like these, you aren't the only one with them and there are probably more that have the same questions, either now or the near future, and can learn from this discussion.

I had one doc that let me self inject but after he closed his practice the other docs I talked with wanted to go with man rub (Testim type products). I had to be patient with the nurse that was 'educating' me on how to self inject.
Old 12-12-2016, 11:02 PM
Worldclassbodybuilder

Dlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond repute
Once again thanks for the input. Do you have any insight as to why Drs would prefer patients to use the cream over injections? Probably because they figure we'd screw it all up. What kind of justification would one use to convince them to think otherwise?
Old 12-13-2016, 05:56 AM
TommyD TommyD Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,278 Times in 1,031 Posts
TommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond repute
Probably because on less complications, piercing the skin causing infection, patients playing with pointy objects, etc. Opening up a tube and rubbing it on is less involved.
The Following User Says Thank You to TommyD For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (12-28-2016)
Old 12-28-2016, 07:11 AM
Tbar Tbar Is Off Line
WCBB Veteran

Tbar has a reputation beyond reputeTbar has a reputation beyond reputeTbar has a reputation beyond reputeTbar has a reputation beyond reputeTbar has a reputation beyond reputeTbar has a reputation beyond reputeTbar has a reputation beyond reputeTbar has a reputation beyond reputeTbar has a reputation beyond reputeTbar has a reputation beyond reputeTbar has a reputation beyond repute
I know I'm joining the conversation a little late, but hope I can help. I'm over 50 and have been on TRT for 3 years now. My insurance covers my doc visits and all testing. I only have a $30 co-pay for visits. Even with testosterone only costing me $7 a vial thanks to insurance, going in once a week for a shot at $30 a visit was really adding up. I told my doc that my sister-in-law is a nurse, and asked if he could simply write a script so I could have her pin me each week. They didn't even blink an eye. I think their biggest concern is liability, and of course believing that the average Joe is going to screw up an injection or not clean the site properly before shooting.

I also told my doc from the start that my brother is on TRT in another state. This lets me give all kinds of suggestions, in the form of questions, based on what my brother's doc is doing for treatment. It's not true of course, but doctors love feeling like another doctor is doing it so it must be ok.

One other thing... I tell them my brother didn't do as well on TRT when his levels went over 800, so I'd like to stay in that range. I'm way more muscular than normal so this takes away their concern that I'm just there as a bodybuilder looking for drugs. Seeing I self administer I'm able to lower my amounts 3 weeks prior to having bloodwork taken, so my tests support what I'm saying.

I've been at this a long time so if you have any other questions I'm more than happy to help where I can.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tbar For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (12-28-2016)
Old 12-28-2016, 12:30 PM
Gotclen

What Tbar said about lowering dose a bit before annual blood draw is sound advise.
No doc wants to see your test come back at 1500 +.

I'm half way to 60 and been on HRT or TRT for heck 15 years Im guessing.
Admin at home. Insurance covers nothing for me. I dont care. I want the annual blood
draw and I want pharm grade test for most of my year. Sure I do like so many here do.
Run 200mg week for extended period of time. Then bump it to 400 or 500 for say 10 weeks then back down and roll with it.
I'm not a giant dude by any stretch. I do carry a fair amount of lean mass. From years of body building. My walk around weight is 195# at 5'6". If I cut all the way up im 176#.

I think the test even at TRT levels will hold lean mass. For me not so much build any. I dont eat enough, I sleep for shit and I only train 4 days a week at about 45minutes per day. Still I can hold my shape.

So, enjoy the trt. Keep the weight training in your lifestyle. If you stop training I think the body will start to drop the muscle over time.

All the best in 2017
GC

Last edited by Gotclen; 12-28-2016 at 01:21 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (12-28-2016), Tbar (12-28-2016)
Old 12-28-2016, 12:33 PM

Thanked 3,403 Times in 2,718 Posts
A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I think that about covers all my questions for now, except the one concerning being allowed to self inject. I take it that most Drs. don't have a problem with that? Take care guys and have a great x- mass. ( Every one sigh's heavily and thanks God that Olson finally ran out of ?s concerning TRT)��
No chance Dude! We all gain from the Q&A, I learn a bit more here and there daily and mostly from other people questions... so keep asking!!! This is a great thread!
Old 12-28-2016, 02:23 PM
Tbar Tbar Is Off Line
WCBB Veteran

Tbar has a reputation beyond reputeTbar has a reputation beyond reputeTbar has a reputation beyond reputeTbar has a reputation beyond reputeTbar has a reputation beyond reputeTbar has a reputation beyond reputeTbar has a reputation beyond reputeTbar has a reputation beyond reputeTbar has a reputation beyond reputeTbar has a reputation beyond reputeTbar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1food4u View Post
No chance Dude! We all gain from the Q&A, I learn a bit more here and there daily and mostly from other people questions... so keep asking!!! This is a great thread!
Ok that being said... it's the pharmacists that can be total assholes. I've had them try to pressure me into accepting tiny one use vials rather than the multi use vials. They even claim the multi use vials are illegal. Total lies just so they can make more money. If they try to pull that shit don't argue with them, simply transfer your script to a different pharmacy. You'll be happy once you have the right pharmacist. Hell... they are even glad to help.