World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Diet and Nutrition > Nutrition

Nutrition Ask questions and discuss any nutrition related topics here. Making nutrition education more meaningful through facilitated group discussions

Old 12-20-2019, 10:10 AM

Thanked 3,854 Times in 2,978 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Eat more hot chili peppers

I thought I already posted this but I could not find it. If I posted it before let me know, I will delete the extra post.

So in a nutshell, this article finds that eating spicy chili peppers 4 or more times a week reduces all cause mortality by 23%, chances of a heart attack are reduced by 40% and cerebrovascular mortality (stroke) was more than halved.

You say Jipped, this was this a study of 6 nematode worms? Nope, 22,811 people. So fairly good data.

Anyway, it makes a case for eating more chilis which I love.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2019-...ath-heart.html

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 12-20-2019, 07:43 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,669 Times in 2,048 Posts
MR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond repute
Here ya go, a weak, but interesting study:

http://www.onlinejacc.org/content/74/25/3139

Abstract
Background:
Chili pepper is a usual part of a traditional Mediterranean diet. Yet epidemiological data on the association between chili pepper intake and mortality risk are scarce, with a lack of studies from Mediterranean populations.

Objectives: This study sought to examine the association between chili pepper consumption and risk of death in a large sample of the adult Italian general population, and to account for biological mediators of the association.

Methods: Longitudinal analysis was performed on 22,811 men and women enrolled in the Moli-sani Study cohort (2005 to 2010). Chili pepper intake was estimated by the EPIC (European Prospective Investigation Into Cancer) Food Frequency Questionnaire and categorized as none/rare consumption, up to 2 times/week, >2 to ≤4 times/week, and >4 times/week.
Results Over a median follow-up of 8.2 years, a total of 1,236 deaths were ascertained. Multivariable hazard ratios (HRs) for all-cause and cardiovascular disease (CVD) mortality among participants in the regular (>4 times/week) relative to none/rare intake were 0.77 (95% confidence interval [CI]: 0.66 to 0.90) and 0.66 (95% CI: 0.50 to 0.86), respectively. Regular intake was also inversely associated with ischemic heart disease (HR: 0.56; 95% CI: 0.35 to 0.87) and cerebrovascular (HR: 0.39; 95% CI: 0.20 to 0.75) death risks. The association of chili pepper consumption with total mortality appeared to be stronger in hypertension-free individuals (p for interaction = 0.021). Among known biomarkers of CVD, only serum vitamin D marginally accounted for such associations.

Conclusions: In a large adult Mediterranean population, regular consumption of chili pepper is associated with a lower risk of total and CVD death independent of CVD risk factors or adherence to a Mediterranean diet. Known biomarkers of CVD risk only marginally mediate the association of chili pepper intake with mortality.

Last edited by MR. BMJ; 12-20-2019 at 07:46 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to MR. BMJ For This Useful Post:
millenium girl (01-09-2020)
Old 12-21-2019, 10:04 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks BMJ.

Old 01-08-2020, 06:34 PM
SNOWFLAKE SNOWFLAKE Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

SNOWFLAKE has a brilliant futureSNOWFLAKE has a brilliant futureSNOWFLAKE has a brilliant futureSNOWFLAKE has a brilliant futureSNOWFLAKE has a brilliant futureSNOWFLAKE has a brilliant futureSNOWFLAKE has a brilliant futureSNOWFLAKE has a brilliant futureSNOWFLAKE has a brilliant futureSNOWFLAKE has a brilliant futureSNOWFLAKE has a brilliant future
I like chiles in my food. My ex girlfriend maria was a Mexican girl and she used them in everything. After I got used to the heat they taste real good and make the food taste much better. I got to the point I was eating jalapenos on everything. Maria is not around any more but I still eat them on occasion.
Old 01-09-2020, 12:27 AM

Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,342 Posts
millenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOWFLAKE View Post
I like chiles in my food. My ex girlfriend maria was a Mexican girl and she used them in everything. After I got used to the heat they taste real good and make the food taste much better. I got to the point I was eating jalapenos on everything. Maria is not around any more but I still eat them on occasion.
I too like eating chilli peppers. Unfortunately they attack the stomach lining and I got bad gastritis.
Old 01-16-2020, 06:57 AM

MG, I know this will sound crazy. I did a jalapeno eating contest. One of the guys was sort of a pro at eating. His job was to travel around and eat. Whether it be hot dog eating competitions or jalapeno or mayonnaise.....Yeah that sounds gross.

Anyway he told me drink a shot or two of Bailey's Irish cream before to settle it. I was like "WHAT?!"

He told me some science stuff.

1. Capsaicin (the hot stuff in peppers) is alcohol soluble. This helps emulsify it in the gut to keep the oil from coating the lining of the gut and causing pain.
2. The cream in the Bailey's is also fat. It dilutes the capsaicin so it is not as concentrated.
3. Preemptively take a couple of antacids. This will neutralize the extra acids your gut makes when the chilis hit the stomach.

Now I entered 1 contest and have never done it again as IT SUCKED! One jalapeno is not bad......but 26 in 5 minutes is TERRIBLE!

This dude ate over 100 peppers in that time.....................

He said he was slow compared to the high level eating pros.

So......I always do this or a shot and some milk before spicy food and it helps.