World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Diet and Nutrition > Bodybuilding Fitness Recipes

Bodybuilding Fitness Recipes Largest range of healthy bodybuilding fitness recipes for muscle building and fat loss! Get recipes for breakfast, post-workout, protein shakes and more

Old 06-27-2022, 12:20 PM
Administrator

Thanked 4,607 Times in 3,359 Posts
MR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond repute
Duck Fat

We had a thread where we talked a little about incorporating duck fat into recipes, it may have been the long BBQ thread on the OT forum, i'd have to go look. Anyway, A1 had mentioned sneaking it into desserts and stuff, as well as a few other types of recipes. It was last year I believe.

I wanted to give homage to it, and make it's own thread for recipes and cooking. I have never used it, but A1 stated it gives a unique flavor profile.

So, if you use duck fat, give your experiences, and what you like to use it in. What types of recipes do you all like to use it in?

What types of desserts are best with it? Hot foods?

What recipes/foods would you NOT want to use it in?

I know the stuff can get expensive, but i've seen it more and more lately. They have it at the Walmart I go to, and A1 mentioned a solid brand on Amazon I believe.

Thanks!
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 06-27-2022, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Thanked 4,607 Times in 3,359 Posts
MR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond repute
Here is the thread I was talking about, it may answer everything in itself, but it is more about an array of oils for cooking. Maybe this one can be specific for duck fat?
http://www.worldclassbodybuilding.co...highlight=duck

Here is some of what A1 mentioned on duck fat in that thread:

Quote:
There is a whole world of oils and uses, flavors and applications. The topic is huge... when I have younger cooks starting out I always suggest these two articles. They are fairly short but cover a great deal of information.

Duck fat is awesome to work with, a potato dauphine made with duck fat is some of the best eating you will ever do. The oils I use most in order of there use in terms of volume.

Olive oil ( both extra virgin for cold work salads and dressings and Pommace for saute)

Blended vegetable oil ( high flash point very forgiving and stable)

Nut oils ( walnut, hazelnut, pistachio )

Sesame oil ( always for asian and middle eastern cookery)

Bacon fat ( my pastry chef makes a bacon fat chocolate chip cookie to die for )

Duck fat ( enhances the richness in foods)

Coconut oil ( i occasionally will eat a tsp straight but its low flash point and distinct taste limits its usefulness in cooking )

https://www.escoffieronline.com/cook...y-they-matter/

https://www.escoffier.edu/blog/culin...king-with-oil/

The Escouffier is still the best place to get understanding of good cooking technique

Quote:
Duck fat is gold..... if rendered properly it lasts a long time refrigerated. Imagine that rich succulent mouth feel of perfectly roasted duck... or the rich warmth you feel when eating the crusty browned layer of fat on a seared duck breast.... that same richness can be added to dishes by using the fat. duck fat turns a green bean casserole into an amazing dish, we crisp fry thin shaved potatoes in it, 6 chips and you're ready for a nap. We have mounted it into ice cream that we serve with raspberries, sweet corn taken off the cob, then drop the salted kernels into a pan full of hot duck fat till they start to pop.... take any sauce you've made and just before you serve it you whip a tablespoon of duck fat goodness into it, try a little in the masa recipe you're using to make tamales....yummmmmmm.... people know it's there but can't place it all they know is the comfort food aspect it lends to almost any dish.

Flash point will depend on how thoroughly and cleanly it was rendered, if there are meat solids in it it will smoke and flash low.

Here is the company on Amazon:

Quote:
There is a company called "straight from France" that sells online that has a good reputation... we buy ours locally from Maple Leaf Farms, I believe they have a website... we buy in 3.5# tubs but at home that will last 3 years... not sure if they sell a retail size.
Old 06-28-2022, 05:41 AM

Thanked 6,497 Times in 4,833 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
I hate duck meat but duck fat for pom frittes.

I have not used it for much more than taters.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
MR. BMJ  (06-28-2022)
Old 06-28-2022, 11:22 AM

Thanked 4,578 Times in 3,585 Posts
A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
It is a staple in my kitchen, you'll always find a 10# vat on the cooler shelf,

Use it to braise Brussel sprouts the other day, completely changed the flavor... so crispy rich...
Biter (08-05-2022), MR. BMJ  (06-28-2022)
Old 06-29-2022, 05:37 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1food4u View Post
It is a staple in my kitchen, you'll always find a 10# vat on the cooler shelf,

Use it to braise Brussel sprouts the other day, completely changed the flavor... so crispy rich...
YES! Great idea! Love brussels sprouts! i normally use EVOO. Duck fat gotta be good!

Seasoning?

Old 06-29-2022, 12:02 PM

A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
YES! Great idea! Love brussels sprouts! i normally use EVOO. Duck fat gotta be good!

Seasoning?
I kept it pretty clean, salt, cracked black pepper, a bit of chopped garlic added 3/4 way through the cooking so that the garlic didn't burn
jipped genes (06-30-2022), MR. BMJ  (06-29-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 05:26 AM

How long is duck fat good in the fridge? Mine is a couple years old.

Old 07-01-2022, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
How long is duck fat good in the fridge? Mine is a couple years old.
Easy test... heat a small amount slowly. If it's bad it will have that bad chicken ki da smell as it melts... like locker room socks
Old 07-02-2022, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1food4u View Post
Easy test... heat a small amount slowly. If it's bad it will have that bad chicken ki da smell as it melts... like locker room socks
Cool, trust the nose then? Got it, I will enlist the wife for that as my beak is crooked and broke and I do not smell very well.

The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (08-06-2022)
Old 08-05-2022, 07:56 PM
WCBB Veteran

Biter has a reputation beyond reputeBiter has a reputation beyond reputeBiter has a reputation beyond reputeBiter has a reputation beyond reputeBiter has a reputation beyond reputeBiter has a reputation beyond reputeBiter has a reputation beyond reputeBiter has a reputation beyond reputeBiter has a reputation beyond reputeBiter has a reputation beyond reputeBiter has a reputation beyond repute
Man I love this stuff. I use it barbecuing constantly. Any meat that needs a coating gets one.
The Following User Says Thank You to Biter For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (08-06-2022)