World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Boxing

Boxing Boxing forum with discussions on the latest boxing news, upcoming fights, results and boxing history

Old 11-24-2021, 05:21 AM
WCBB Veteran

Triple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
I agree with your assessment. I can see the stoppage both ways. Usually I am screaming at the television to stop the fight to save the fighter when I see the other guy landing hard clean shots. I don't care if your chin and legs can take them. A lot of times your brain cannot. I am also the guy who when I fight I am trying to literally kill my opponent and it is the refs job to keep that from happening. If you die, you die. You knew the risk. I think in this case with how competitive the fight was up to that point you let it continue until you see your guy start to wobble.

If Crawford does not get an immediate fight with Spence or Thurman I think he moves to 154.
Here is the problem with that, one of the Charlo brothers has every belt but one at 154.

Thatís PBC/Al Haymon, if you can make that fight. Why canít you make the Errol Spence fight? How can you claim to be the best but you havenít beat the best in your division. Crawford only has one belt at 147, the WBO. He gots two other champions he can go after in Ugas & of course Spence.

Thereís Danny Garcia at 147, heís been best but still a good fight imo & then thereís two great young fighters at 147 in.Vergil Ortiz & Jaron Ennis.

Then thereís Josh Taylor who plans on moving up to 147.

If Crawford doesnít start fighting those dudes, my perception of him is going to change drastically.

Idk whatís true & whatís not, but as of now Iím giving Crawford the benefit of the doubt & blaming Bob Arum for not getting these fights done.

If it continues then Iíll look at Crawford differently. Itís of a big of a paradox to me, on one hand you watch Crawford fight & youíre wowed, heís clearly supremely talented. But on the other hand, has their ever been a fighter whoís been considered the #1 p4p boxer at least by some & had a less impressive career then Crawford?

Because I canít think of any off the top of my head. Some kind of saw Lomachenko like that but when he was #1, he had all the belts but 1 & not too mention his amateur accomplishments in the past.

The point Iím trying to make is, if Bud Crawford retires today I feel like his greatness might be forgotten &/or questioned by many. Idk what exactly is the hold up, as you hear different things as to why these legacy fights havenít happened with Crawford but itís to the point where excuses wonít work. If he wants to be be #1 p4p, if he wants to become a PPV superstar & if he wants to be remembered as a all time great, he needs to find a way to make those fights happen.
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 11-24-2021, 01:19 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 6,746 Times in 5,130 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
All the welterweights could retire right now and in 10 years I would not remember their names. If these guys fought 10, 20 or 30 years ago they would have gotten wrecked.

No one gives a f**k about you once it inconveniences them.
Old 11-25-2021, 11:44 AM
WCBB Veteran

Triple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
All the welterweights could retire right now and in 10 years I would not remember their names. If these guys fought 10, 20 or 30 years ago they would have gotten wrecked.
Why are you saying that though?

I agree with you btw but I think part of the reason you are saying that is because you haven't seen Errol Spence & Terence Crawford fight the top guys & then when they do it's after someone already beat them lol.

I know you've said in the past that you're not big on Errol Spence but picture this, let's say Spence would have been the first guy to beat Kell Brook, the first guy to beat Keith Thurman, the first guy to beat Terence Crawford & the first guy to beat Ugas.

Sprinkle in a win over Tim Bradley & a win over Manny Pacquiao.

Would that change your perspective of him? To me it would, I still wouldn't put him on the level of all time great but I tell you what, if he moves up 154 & does some damage over there, then it would be hard to keep him out of the hall of fame & he would be in the convo.

I blame Mayweather for all of this btw lol it's all about money & keeping your 0 to lots of these guys.

Crazy to me that the first person to beat Thurman was a old ass Manny Pacquiao. I am not saying I was surprised I am saying, how in the hell had we not seen a Thurman VS Spence or a Thurman VS Crawford before that?

It's almost criminal if you think about that.

Personally I will respect you more if you fight the best & lose then if you never fight the best & leave me wondering. For example Plant, I never thought of Plant as a scrub to begin with but IMO I think his stock goes up for fighting Canelo & lasting that long. He has a shot to be great in the future.

Again I blame Mayweather lol these dudes don't want to fight nobody at their prime/peak & look for money & advantages.

Personally I rank Pacquiao higher all time then Mayweather, simply because he fought the best & took on way way way more challenges the Floyd.

I hate Floyd lol but I'm honest, Floyd at his peak is a all time great boxer, specially belowe welter & I'd say arguably the greatest defensive fighter of all time.

But when we are talking about legacy, when we are talking about who's the GOAT, I put Pacquiao over him.

People forget Ali is considered the greatest even though he had losses? Why? Because he faced the best & took on all challenges.

For example lol if Floyd was in Ali's shoes, I don't think the fight with Foreman ever happens.

I mean he dodged Pacquiao for half a decade & he's smaller than him.

Fun Fact: Floyd has never had a fight where he was less than a -200 favorite, much less a underdog & yeah part of it is because he is a great boxer but a big part of it is because he picked his spots.

Part of being great is fighting the best.

I hate De La Hoya lol but I respect him & I'll give you a hot take.

IMO he's a better welterweight then Floyd even though he has 2 big losses against Trinidad & Shane Mosley.

Why? Because he fought thee best at their best & while he lost, both where super close.

In my eyes those two close losses weight more than Mayweather's two best wins which imo would be.

A injured Pacquiao, years after not only the public was begging for but Pacquiao was challenging you.

& Cotto, he beat Cotto after Margarito bludgeoned him, allegedly with illegal hand wraps. It was bad, hell in TX if they could prove that he purposely used plaster o paris or whatever hardening agent, they could literally convict him of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Then Pacquiao gave him a beating almost as bad.
Old 11-25-2021, 11:52 AM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 6,746 Times in 5,130 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Steel sharpens steel. If you fight the best guys it will make you better. You are right Mayweather ruined this. Guys use to look for the biggest name and go after him. Now they prefer to find the easiest way to a championship and do whatever they can to hold it. Even if means dodging the top guys.

I f**king hated De La Hoya, but I agree. The dude was an absolute beast. He had Trinidad beat, but decided to cruise for too many rounds.

No one gives a f**k about you once it inconveniences them.