World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Bodybuilding Discussion forum

Shoutbox

Bodybuilding Discussion forum Worldclassbodybuilding Adult Bodybuilding forum dedicated to the discussion of bodybuilding training and weightlifting advice

Old 11-23-2018, 05:31 AM
Community Veteran

Pen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond repute
Can't do too much cardio, have an enlarged heart and the muscle walls are thick. Doc said they call it athlete's heart. (gee, I wonder what caused it?) I can do short bursts of high intensity meaning I can lift just fine (thank god). And I can walk. Backpacked 2/3rds the coast of Oregon last year. Not bad for an old man. Anyway, appreciate all the advice guys. Going to blast my wheels tommorrow.
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 12-28-2018, 06:58 PM
WrkEthic WrkEthic Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

WrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowpatrol View Post
Ever since one of the first mountain dog programs I did a 3-4yrs ago I start 90% of leg days with ham curls, I believe this contributes significantly to knee 'health'

Don't be afraid to squat in the smith machine, you can change the angle and stance more easily than with a free barbell. Front squats are great, and hack squats are my favourite (after barbell back squats)

Nothing wrong with limiting your range of motion to prevent injury either...if someone wants to pick on you for half or quarter squatting but you have 30" quads...lol

Have you tried wraps or sleeves yet?
I just now started doing this. Why can't we figure this stuff out in our 20s.

Leg curls before anything really really really helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to WrkEthic For This Useful Post:
blm (12-28-2018)
Old 12-28-2018, 09:07 PM
Lumpy Moderator

Thanked 4,559 Times in 2,893 Posts
Glycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond repute
Pen I don't think anyone without some moderate arthritis in the knees and or back gets it. It's an endless game of doing as much as possible without causing inflammation. You can split up the volume over the week. You can also bike in the mountains. That works well for me when I have good weather months.

Currently, I have some drills I do from grappling that help, also step mill, and on leg days I start out with hamstrings, then leg extensions and then squats, then to the step mill. Again the trick is to go to the point where inflammation is low as possible. If you have swelling you need days off to get it under control.
Old 12-29-2018, 12:16 AM
WrkEthic WrkEthic Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

WrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond reputeWrkEthic has a reputation beyond repute
The general structure is similar to what boomer laid out but the volume/intensity is usually waved around. If you want some blocks my buddy gave me tons of 2.0 stuff for helping him out with something.

Today's embrace the suck:

Activate:
Lying leg curls = 3sets with 10 partials after last set (4 sec ecentric on all)

Explosive:
sumo deads do sets of 8 until your at a tough 8

Pump:
Bulgarian split squats 4sets drop set of death (youtube it - 1 dude puked)

Pump:
Hack squat - 2 feeder sets of 4 to find a tough 8. 1 set at 8

Stretch:
DB sldl 2x8 - nice and slow ec then only go up 3/4

Next wk:

Activate:
Seated LC - 3× tough 15 then 1 set of 15 partials

Explosive,
Sumo: work up to tough 8 slightly differ stance

Pump:
Hacks : drop set of death

Pump:
Leg ext - 1xbrutal 15 toes down Then 1x same with toes up

Stretch:
BB sldl 3x8 same as last week
Old 12-29-2018, 01:37 AM
Community Veteran

Pen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Glyco and Wrk. Don't think I mentioned it but what really sucks is that I'm stuck working out at Planet Shitness. Very few good leg machines. Basically the Smith Machine and the sled. Plus leg extensions and leg curl machines and that's about it. I need to get creative... Incorporate dumbells for weight. I swear, I'm getting nothing off the sled for quads.