World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Medical and Physical Therapy questions

Shoutbox

Medical and Physical Therapy questions A place to talk about current and or past injuries and possibly how to deal with those injuries. Any advice should not be considered as medical advice, but rather from one person to another as you might ask a friend.

Old 03-04-2014, 06:53 AM
Crusader by Choice

paramuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond repute
Ankle

So a few months ago.... not sure when... I posted a thread about me blowing the ankle and so now....

I still got this swelling issue and a deformed area on the lateral side of the ankle. It makes me think that some interior damage has been done to the interior ligaments... I am out of my depth with this one but it looks like the fibula is separated some from the tibia and has caused this weird looking ankle thing.... Anyway, I thought maybe somebody would know. I am gonna have it looked at by my ortho next month when I rotate stateside....

~PM

Old 03-04-2014, 08:09 AM
Community Veteran

gotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by paramuscle View Post
So a few months ago.... not sure when... I posted a thread about me blowing the ankle and so now....

I still got this swelling issue and a deformed area on the lateral side of the ankle. It makes me think that some interior damage has been done to the interior ligaments... I am out of my depth with this one but it looks like the fibula is separated some from the tibia and has caused this weird looking ankle thing.... Anyway, I thought maybe somebody would know. I am gonna have it looked at by my ortho next month when I rotate stateside....

~PM
I forget, did u at least get an x ray. If you have disruption of your tib fib ligament etc it can be suggested via x ray. But it takes a lot to result in actual translation of the fib without a fracture.
DISCLAIMER: Medical information is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes. This information does not create any patient-physician relationship, and should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:26 AM
Crusader by Choice

paramuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond repute
I did get an Xray and the Colonel that viewed it said no Fx.... I don't trust him but assuming he is right, I still have an obvious separation of the space where none existed prior.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0740.JPG (225.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0741.JPG (235.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0742.JPG (214.3 KB, 7 views)
Old 03-04-2014, 08:40 AM
Crusader by Choice

Also, if I press on the area just to the left on the tibia, that soft area near the joint, I get this excruciating and searing hot pain.... and it is really bad.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:52 AM
Crusader by Choice

This is kind of what I am thinking but I am not an ortho....

Objective Diagnosis of Syndesmotic Injury - Wheeless' Textbook of Orthopaedics

~PM
Old 03-04-2014, 11:50 AM

Thanked 2,576 Times in 2,222 Posts
millenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I did get an Xray and the Colonel that viewed it said no Fx.... I don't trust him but assuming he is right, I still have an obvious separation of the space where none existed prior.
I'm not a doc but that ankle doesn't look good, para. I wonder what the orthopedist is gonna say. Keep us posted.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:18 PM
Community Veteran

gotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond reputegotgame has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
This is kind of what I am thinking but I am not an ortho....

Objective Diagnosis of Syndesmotic Injury - Wheeless' Textbook of Orthopaedics

~PM
Glad to see you used that website. One of my favorite. You may have that injury and that is what I was getting at this morning as you have anterior and posterior tib fib ligaments but they are rarely injuries in isolation without a fx. Will post more later.
DISCLAIMER: Medical information is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes. This information does not create any patient-physician relationship, and should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:35 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line
Donating Member

Thanked 3,536 Times in 2,788 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
If your Doc is anything like the Navy Docs I deal with you are ....ed! LOL. It looks like you definitely have some tendon/tissue damage.

Corpsman and medics are not included in the above statement. Those dudes are ....ing awesome. I am talking about the "Officer" Docs.

Last edited by Genetic Freak; 03-04-2014 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Clarification
The Following User Says Thank You to Genetic Freak For This Useful Post:
paramuscle (03-04-2014)
Old 03-04-2014, 10:03 PM
Community Veteran

Based on your symptoms and the pic is my best guess is you at a minimum damaged your lateral ligaments. Even a terrible doc could see if you had a displaced fx.They may have missed an occult nondisplaced fx which is now causing you issues with associated ligamentous injury.

Normally id recommend rehab with a rubber band with one end tied to a door and work your ankle through all ranges of motion, and while that still would likely be helpful id really want to see a legit x ray and ankle MR if possible. If your tib fib ligament is torn thats not good to say the least.

If you do get imaging ,and you dont trust the read, find a way to get me the pics and ill be happy to look at them for you
Old 03-05-2014, 12:13 AM
Crusader by Choice

Roger that, I will see my ortho when I land around the first on the month and I will let you know then. These are the same cats that do the UGA sports program.

~PM