World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Survivalist Prepper Area > Survival food - hunting - hydroponics

Old 09-14-2020, 06:47 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 5,091 Times in 3,926 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
I have had similar situations Frigg. Paying to close attention to a deer to have a buck sneak right on in.

I was hunting a cedar grove on base that was really thick, but had a couple lanes where you could pull off a 20 yard shot. I had never seen a buck in the hollow, but there were rubs everywhere. Anyways, this was the first time the wind somewhat allowed me to hunt it. I say somewhat as hollows generally have swirling winds, so you have to shoot fast.

I set up under a cedar tree and clipped a burlap blind to some branches. It would have been really hard to see me even if you knew where I was. I seen movement behind some cedars to my direct front. It looked like a small buck, but I was locked in trying to figure out what it was when I heard some breathing behind me. I slowly glanced over my shoulder and no shit, 6 inches away from my shoulder was a little doe. She was with her mother and sister who were just behind her. I turned a little in my stool and now we were almost face to face. Her mother ended up walking away, so she followed. They never spooked and to this day I cannot figure out why my scent did not spook them.
Friggemall (09-15-2020), Troop (09-16-2020)
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 09-16-2020, 07:45 PM
WCBB Veteran

Troop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond repute
GF, your putting the fever back in me to get back to deer hunting and fishing. I haven't been hunting in probably 20 years, except pheasant's once a few years ago. I just loved the hunt and being in the woods, it calmed me like riding the bike does now. Enjoy your hunt experiences your sharing. Never brought anything worth bragging about home.
Genetic Freak (09-17-2020)
Old 09-16-2020, 08:18 PM
WCBB Veteran

Troop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond repute
My most memorable hunting was probably like most, I didn't kill anything but did have a really neat nature experience. Started out in my old Preadator tree stand. Loved that stand, bought it used around 1994, puts some ruck sack straps on it and it was comfortable. Get up the tree 30 minutes before sunrise early cool morning sitting in some hardwoods next to a small creek, absolutely nothing moving. Just before noon, I decide to come down a sit on the ground with my back to a tree and get a chew of Redman Golden Blend. I'd guess within an hour I see something out of the corner of my right eye just over the edge of the creek bank about 30 yards away moving so I move my rifle in that direction. The creek bank side is really clear, not grown up but about 5 foot down to the water so I'm not sure what's down there but I'm pretty excited. Within just a few minutes here comes a freakin raccoon. It's daylight, it should be sleeping, right. So I sit still, lower my rifle and watch it. It starts waddling my way, gets closer, closer. Little fella is at my boot sniffing me. I wiggle my boot, it moves back a little but not startled. Comes over and smells around my shin back toward my boot. I start moving around slowly just to see what it will do and it doesn't run off just kind curious looking at me. It never came up closer than my shin but it literally touched its nose on my boots and pants smelling. It looked physically normal, eyes, no foam discharge from mouth. I'm sure that doesn't mean something may not have been wrong with it? Anyhow, my personal cool moment in the woods.
Genetic Freak (09-17-2020), jipped genes (09-18-2020)
Old 09-17-2020, 05:48 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 5,091 Times in 3,926 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troop View Post
GF, your putting the fever back in me to get back to deer hunting and fishing. I haven't been hunting in probably 20 years, except pheasant's once a few years ago. I just loved the hunt and being in the woods, it calmed me like riding the bike does now. Enjoy your hunt experiences your sharing. Never brought anything worth bragging about home.
Trophies are relative to the person. I hunt mostly highly pressured, public land, so to me any buck that is 4 years old is a trophy.

You were probably the first person the racoon ever encountered. That is pretty damn cool.
Troop (09-18-2020)
Old 09-21-2020, 06:29 AM

Thanked 4,594 Times in 3,516 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
I have not been hunting all that much but when I was a kid my uncle would take me and my cousin duck hunting. We would sit in his 20' long jonboat with PVC cage and tank netting for camo. Put out the decoys. get the boat back into the buckbrush and willows and wait for light.

I could not use a duck call but my uncle is a pro.

I loved it. When the sun came up and the ducks were not moving me and my cousin would take nips off a bottle of peppermint schnapps until we were 3 sheets to the wind. Alternating hot chocolate and schnapps. We would fall asleep in the boat and when we got back my uncle would make us pluck ducks until our forearms would cramp. Usually stumbling off to puke every once in a while. My uncle and his best friend would laugh sip beer and smoke pipes by the camper.

My cousin died in a auto accident many years ago. I think about him a lot. I loved him like a brother, we were also best friends and never fought. Man we got into some shit. We hunt rabbits in the clearings and would cook them over a fire after doing a terrible job cleaning them. Surprised we did not get worms as many times they were not cooked all the way.

Have not duck hunted since his death.

Also I cannot stand duck. I have tried it a bunch of ways and it tastes horrible.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."