World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements HideMyAss
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Powerlifting Strongman

Shoutbox

Powerlifting Strongman Discussion on powerlifting, strength and more, including the squat, dead lift, and bench press

Old 03-06-2017, 04:33 PM
3Vandoo 3Vandoo Is Off Line
The Flannel wearing Catnut!

3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute
Is strenght discipline a "redneck" discipline in your part of the hood

I am kind of annoyed when I look at Powerlifting in the US or Strong men in Europe and I see major cities having a good base of gyms, pratictioner or competition.

But here in Montreal, only one that does both (PL and strongmen) and most of the competitions here in the provinces are in farmer village at 6-8 hours drive from civilization. Quite a bummer, when you compete and you lift next to a cow named mumu who is eating grass and looking at you dumbfounded.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:13 PM

Thanked 1,675 Times in 1,235 Posts
ozzy69 has a reputation beyond reputeozzy69 has a reputation beyond reputeozzy69 has a reputation beyond reputeozzy69 has a reputation beyond reputeozzy69 has a reputation beyond reputeozzy69 has a reputation beyond reputeozzy69 has a reputation beyond reputeozzy69 has a reputation beyond reputeozzy69 has a reputation beyond reputeozzy69 has a reputation beyond reputeozzy69 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm blessed to live in the state the lillibridges and ed coan call home.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:59 PM
Viking Viking Is Off Line
Veteran

Viking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond repute
In would have to travel a few hours to get to a gym geared towards powerlfiting or strongman. My backyard is just as good.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:27 PM
chicken_hawk chicken_hawk Is Off Line
Community Veteran

chicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond repute
We have one powerlifting strongman dedicated gym for a metropolitan of 3M which aint that good. It's 45 mins with traffic for me, but I dont go there it's unstaffed and just moved to a facility with heat last year. Before that it was cold as Fock in the winter.

Several gyms are powerlifting friendly, allow chalk, have DL jacks and bars. Very few have strongman stuff although mine was recently purchased by a friend who is slowly taking it in that direction.

It's kind of a double edged sword really, if a gym is exclusively a strength gym then it aint gonna make much money so memberships can be pricey. The Sweattshop in Cincinatti was $150 a month past I knew.

Hawk
Old 03-08-2017, 10:22 PM

3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute
what about competitions? here the competitions are in the boonies. We talk 8-10h drive still in the same province
Old 03-09-2017, 12:02 AM
Viking Viking Is Off Line
Veteran

Viking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond repute
What comps, Strongman or pl? The strongman comps in my state are usually at fairs so not too far out of the way.
Old 03-10-2017, 07:39 AM
ClearWater ClearWater Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

ClearWater has a brilliant futureClearWater has a brilliant futureClearWater has a brilliant futureClearWater has a brilliant futureClearWater has a brilliant futureClearWater has a brilliant futureClearWater has a brilliant futureClearWater has a brilliant futureClearWater has a brilliant futureClearWater has a brilliant futureClearWater has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken_hawk View Post
We have one powerlifting strongman dedicated gym for a metropolitan of 3M which aint that good. It's 45 mins with traffic for me, but I dont go there it's unstaffed and just moved to a facility with heat last year. Before that it was cold as Fock in the winter.

Several gyms are powerlifting friendly, allow chalk, have DL jacks and bars. Very few have strongman stuff although mine was recently purchased by a friend who is slowly taking it in that direction.

It's kind of a double edged sword really, if a gym is exclusively a strength gym then it aint gonna make much money so memberships can be pricey. The Sweattshop in Cincinatti was $150 a month past I knew.

Hawk
yeah... $150 a month is pretty steep just to use chalk, etc... On the other hand, my workout partner and i were given our membership fees back and asked not to return to a couple of recreational fitness clubs - not for being on obnoxious and not even for chalk or DL, but because some ladies were 'afraid' because we used "alot of weight". i'm sure they also said that we were breathing too much and using a dispropotionately large amount of oxygen compared to the other gym members in the gym (but that's just speculation!). I'd love to have a PL gym closeby my house!
Old 03-13-2017, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
What comps, Strongman or pl? The strongman comps in my state are usually at fairs so not too far out of the way.
both, everything related to strenght here is linked to farmers

Old 03-13-2017, 04:16 PM
A1food4u A1food4u Is Off Line

Thanked 2,996 Times in 2,385 Posts
A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
They have been part of almost all events in this area.... that's a bummer!
Old 03-20-2017, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1food4u View Post
They have been part of almost all events in this area.... that's a bummer!
Last time I had to park between a New Holland and a Massey