World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Survivalist Prepper Area > Prepper Sponsors and sales

Old 03-24-2020, 08:43 AM

Thanked 4,694 Times in 3,597 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
10mm carbine $280, budget home defense.

Yeah it is a HiPoint, I have a 9mm and it has been reliable for MANY years now with NEVER a failure to send lead downrange, not once in 2,000 rounds has it ever hiccuped.

Is it ugly? Yeah
Is it almost impossible to take apart and get back together? Yeah (I have oiled mine but never taken it all the way down)
Is it reliable? Hell yeah (watch abuse vids online of HiPoints, they seriously take a lickin and keep on tickin)
Is 10mm effective as a home defense round? To answer that question i will pose another rhetorical question. Is the .40 SW round effective? Well the 10mm is just a bigger more powerful round than the .40. (Plus out of a carbine length barrel is bound to give it a few hundred ft per second.

I just do not want to get into another caliber. I am thinking about buying a .45 apc HiPoint. Yeah gun snobs turn their noses up at these, but they are good.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/hi-point-...edge-camo.html

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 03-24-2020, 11:04 AM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 5,238 Times in 4,036 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Definitely a great home defense round.
Old 03-24-2020, 08:25 PM
basskiller basskiller Is Off Line
Administrator

Thanked 19,124 Times in 11,130 Posts
basskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond repute
They have some good prices on other guns.. that rugar 22 is pretty cheap at 175

W C B B Sponsors
Southern Sarms
Sarms-Peptide Shop
Egg Whites International

.. Any advice given on this board is just an opinion and not to be taken as medical advice. WCBB doesn't advocate or condone use of steroids. Check the laws in your country. WCBB just provides the platform in which to discuss such matters
Old 03-25-2020, 08:01 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by basskiller View Post
They have some good prices on other guns.. that sugar 22 is pretty cheap at 175
Sugar 22?

You mean SR22? The Ruger?

They do have pretty good prices. I like Bud's Guns because they normally give free shipping with a similar price. So you save $12.

GF I noticed you did not say anything about the carbine itself. You got to give credit where credit is due. I have only had one. But it has been good. The pistols will always go bang....but they weigh a ton and recoil is terrible on the big calibers....even the 9mm.

Old 03-25-2020, 09:53 AM

Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
Sugar 22?

They do have pretty good prices. I like Bud's Guns because they normally give free shipping with a similar price. So you save $12.

GF I noticed you did not say anything about the carbine itself. You got to give credit where credit is due. I have only had one. But it has been good. The pistols will always go bang....but they weigh a ton and recoil is terrible on the big calibers....even the 9mm.
I have never owned a HiPoint, so I cannot attest to their reliability. I have never been one to skimp on anything semi-automatic. There are too many moving parts for a failure. I want to be able to open my weapon and see what is going on. I also want to be able to replace anything I do not like. On an AR or carbine I am almost always going to change or adjust the trigger. I change charging springs and extractors. In some I even change the firing pins. This is why I do not own a HiPoint. I cannot open it up and do my thing.
Old 03-26-2020, 08:40 AM

I understand fully GF. For a budget truck gun though, it is hard to beat. If aliens attacked today it would not be the first weapon I grabbed for sure.

This was more a post for those without the means to purchase/build an AR but want a potent self defense weapon.

Old 03-26-2020, 03:42 PM

Quote:
I understand fully GF. For a budget truck gun though, it is hard to beat. If aliens attacked today it would not be the first weapon I grabbed for sure.

This was more a post for those without the means to purchase/build an AR but want a potent self defense weapon.
I get it. That is why I do not shame anyone for getting them. I really have only had one weapon that ever malfunctioned and it came from a weapon most find the most reliable, a revolver. I had a Heritage .22 magnum blow up in my hand when I was a kid. The pawl did not rotate the cylinder completely, but enough for the hammer to dent the rimfire round. The round hit the side of the chamber and into my hand.
Old 03-27-2020, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
I get it. That is why I do not shame anyone for getting them. I really have only had one weapon that ever malfunctioned and it came from a weapon most find the most reliable, a revolver. I had a Heritage .22 magnum blow up in my hand when I was a kid. The pawl did not rotate the cylinder completely, but enough for the hammer to dent the rimfire round. The round hit the side of the chamber and into my hand.
Damn I had one of those and traded it. For as cheap as they are it is hard to resist.

Old 03-27-2020, 06:19 PM
basskiller basskiller Is Off Line
Administrator

Thanked 19,124 Times in 11,130 Posts
basskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Sugar 22?

Yea, the rugar ... damn phone .

https://www.cdnnsports.com/rugerr-wr...U#.Xn6KKlMpAzQ

W C B B Sponsors
Southern Sarms
Sarms-Peptide Shop
Egg Whites International

.. Any advice given on this board is just an opinion and not to be taken as medical advice. WCBB doesn't advocate or condone use of steroids. Check the laws in your country. WCBB just provides the platform in which to discuss such matters
Old 03-29-2020, 09:12 AM

Oh that revolver is the tits for that price. Ruger makes top notch revolvers.

I had one of these,(LINK below) I got it for $100 on black friday. I shot that thing all the time with those colibri powderless rounds. (Just a primer) They run about 350 fps with a 20gr bullet. Fairly quiet, like a HP air rifle out of this pistol. I shot squirrels with them in my back yard. They will not cycle in a semi auto. And 350 fps is about what a CO2 powered pellet gun will do. My pump up will fire a .177 pellet at over 500 fps (With a 10gr pellet so more velocity but less weight)

Anyway, for critters or plinking you could not go wrong with the ruger.

This heritage I had was a partial trade for one of my motos. I came out way ahead on that one.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_...r++65%22+blued

The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
basskiller  (04-04-2020)