World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

Join worldclassbodybuilding

Join the #1 Bodybuilding Fitness Forum Today - It's Free!

Welcome to Bodybuilding Discussion Forums - Are you interested in Bodybuilding or Fitness? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for Fitness minded people to meet online. Just fellow bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts who enjoy talking about their lifestyle, their routines, and just everyday banter. We have Articles, knowledgable members, Questions and Answers that you might not find anywhere else, Steroid and Supplemnent Profiles, Routines, a Supplement Store and a lot more So no matter what your fitness background is, beit new to the fitness world or Professional athlete, you'll find that worldclassbodybuilding .com is a great community to join. Best of all it's free!

Join Worldclassbodybuilding - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Anabolic Steroid Discussion > Anabolic Steroids

WCBB Weekend Shoutbox

Anabolic Steroids Up to date Anabolic steroids discussion group and how it relates to bodybuilding and fitness . The most mature and trusted provider of Anabolic Steroids information.

View Poll Results: Deca-Durabolin vs. Equipoise (Fewer Side Effects, Better Strength Retention?)
Deca-Durabolin 23 38.98%
Equipoise 32 54.24%
Other 4 6.78%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-28-2004, 03:21 AM
Madmick Madmick Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

Madmick is on a distinguished road
Deca-Durabolin vs. Equipoise

According to Steroid.com's effectiveness chart, Deca-Durabolin is the superior agent:

DECA-DURABOLIN
Strength: ***
Weight Gain: ***
Gain Retention: ****
Fat/Water Loss: *
Side Effects: *

EQUIPOISE
Strength: ***
Weight Gain: ***
Gain Retention: ***
Fat/Water Loss: **
Side Effects: **

Literally everywhere I have read about Deca-Durabolin it has been acclaimed as a dream steroid: its only serious drawback the fact that it stays in the system for up to 2 years, and is easily detectable in drug tests.

But several users bashed it in this thread:
http://www.worldclassbodybuilding.co...ad.php?t=10704

MAILBOXKILLR wrote, "Deca's side are much worse than EQ by far and the bloat from deca is tremendous."

GENETIC FREAK then postedd, "Like MailboxkillR said the bloat from deca is pretty bad. Far worse than anything else I have taken, and I have been on 750mg of prop a week and 200mg of drol ed at the same time. My second cycle I used deca at 250mg a week for ten weeks. I gained about 20lbs, and by the time I finished PCT I had lost 15lbs. Then I lost another 25lbs, because my Test levels took about 6 months to get back to normal. I use the same PCT for every cycle, and I usually keep 75% of gains on all my other cycles. I just don't like deca, especially when you don't want to run test with it. Just my opinion bro."

These anecdotal reports directly contradict everything I have read. Understandably, I hope, they jolted me a bit.

But then JUICEDBEACHBUM wrote, "You don't need these exotic roids. I do not think test is the worst, in fact, i think the exact opposite. whatever you take will suppress you, and at your age not having the androgens and normal test function you should will fuck you up the most. Test only is probably the best thing for you.
As far as sides, I get a little bloated on deca, but eq is a little worse on my cholesterol (i think.. I'm always on a lot of stuff when i get checked up). although Neither one affect me that much anyway. They're both mild.
Unless you're prone to gyno you probably won't get it. You're not fat, so I doubt you will have a problem with gyno.
IMO heavy androgens are the best way to get good gains and to get stronger. Test/tren/halo are my favorites."

So I wanted to take a poll. Which has worst side effects: Deca or EQ? Which has better strength and mass gains? Which has better strength-mass retention?

I was hoping to run one of these as my base steroid for my first cycle (no test this time, I'm only 24, and my partner is 20) because I'm looking to increase power primarily, not mass, and I since I don't plan to cycle more than a few times I want the best retention there is.

Would you recommend Deca-Durabolin, Equipoise, or something else?
Old 09-28-2004, 04:08 AM
DOUBLE J DOUBLE J Is Off Line
WhoDat

DOUBLE J has a brilliant futureDOUBLE J has a brilliant futureDOUBLE J has a brilliant futureDOUBLE J has a brilliant futureDOUBLE J has a brilliant futureDOUBLE J has a brilliant futureDOUBLE J has a brilliant futureDOUBLE J has a brilliant futureDOUBLE J has a brilliant futureDOUBLE J has a brilliant futureDOUBLE J has a brilliant future
Wow!

Ok a lot of questions.

First you need to include test in every cycle regardless of age. Everyone here will echo these same sentiments. There is absolutely no proper way to cycle without it in my opinion and almost every person with any experience will second this.

Secondly I commend you on trying to do the proper research but it is also my opinion that you still need to read more before you cycle.
You will find the information on this site MUCH more realistic and up to date that the article you were previously reading.

I can personally tell you from real world experience that almost every quote attributed to a member here is correct.

NOW EQ vs Deca
1. Deca does have a lot more sides(water retention, libido lose)
2. EQ and Deca are not very similar but many novices think they are.
3. EQ is a very mild steroid that gives you little water retention, mild sides, along with very mild gains unless you are already at a low BF. Strength gain is mild also.(I am not a fan of EQ, too mild)
4. Deca will give you better gains, much more strength, but is no were near an exotic steroid or the most powerful.
5. You will see water retention that can be off-set with an anti-e(yes even Deca responds to most anti-e's, though marginally),. It WILL kill most peoples sex drive with-in 5-8wks. Test is a MUST.
6. Nether will help with fat lose. Only Tren may help here and possibly Var.

As far as muscle retention after the cycle that has nothing to due with the steroids used but with your diet and training after wards. The rest is a myth.

You friend who is 20 will have people telling him he is too young. Well, yes but if he is insistent on cycling I will be happy to help.

Stick around. We have the most experienced members on the net!
They are also the most willing to help and remember the only stupid question is the one not asked.

A test only cycle is always the best for a first cycle but I have the feeling you will not heed that advice(nothing personal) so I will definitely recommend Deca over the EQ for what your goals are.

Sample cycle: (starting point for you to ask questions on)

WK 1-12 test-e 500mg/wk
WK 1-10 Deca 400mg/wk
(optional):
WK 1-4 D-bol 30mg/ed

This is a very good cycle for what you want or a good reference point for you to ask questions on.

Hope I have helped
Old 09-28-2004, 04:35 AM
Madmick Madmick Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

Madmick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE J
A test only cycle is always the best for a first cycle but I have the feeling you will not heed that advice(nothing personal) so I will definitely recommend Deca over the EQ for what your goals are.
Thanks, yes, this was massive help.

The more I'm reading here, the more I'm realizing there's really no way to get around Test.

I would like to hear some more opinions on the EQ vs. Deca, but I've decided to start a new thread open to all suggestions on what to cycle to achieve my goals (and what Test would be the best base for those goals).
Old 09-28-2004, 11:02 AM
YoungCam'ron YoungCam'ron Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

YoungCam'ron is just really niceYoungCam'ron is just really niceYoungCam'ron is just really niceYoungCam'ron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE J
You friend who is 20 will have people telling him he is too young. Well, yes but if he is insistent on cycling I will be happy to help.

Yes sir, Double J, this is me. I am him. Indeed I am young, therefore I am Young Camron.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:21 AM
Testify

I recommend that you include Test in ANY cycle.

That said, I vote for Eq. I feel it does not shut me down as quicly or as severely. Sexual side effects were not noticeable with Eq either. I also like Eq for my joints and connective tissue.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:17 PM
o2besohuge o2besohuge Is Off Line
BANNED

o2besohuge has a brilliant futureo2besohuge has a brilliant futureo2besohuge has a brilliant futureo2besohuge has a brilliant futureo2besohuge has a brilliant futureo2besohuge has a brilliant futureo2besohuge has a brilliant futureo2besohuge has a brilliant futureo2besohuge has a brilliant futureo2besohuge has a brilliant futureo2besohuge has a brilliant future
eq will render more lean muscle. i dont like using deca because of the "bloat" i get from it. i like staying lean.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:57 PM
mailboxkillR mailboxkillR Is Off Line
Community Veteran

mailboxkillR is a splendid one to beholdmailboxkillR is a splendid one to beholdmailboxkillR is a splendid one to beholdmailboxkillR is a splendid one to beholdmailboxkillR is a splendid one to beholdmailboxkillR is a splendid one to beholdmailboxkillR is a splendid one to beholdmailboxkillR is a splendid one to beholdmailboxkillR is a splendid one to beholdmailboxkillR is a splendid one to behold
I still stand with what I said sides from deca are worse than EQ. You will get more strenght from deca though because you have more overall mass and really nice lubed up joints but the shut down, acne and bloat will also be accompied from this.

[QUOTE] These anecdotal reports directly contradict everything I have read. Understandably, I hope, they jolted me a bit.

Bro I wouldn't jolt anybody I've been around for a quite a few years and actually many people ask me for input on cycles or to modify something they thought of. I understand your going by what you have read and think actually putting this poll up is a great idea to get real life experianced information. I could probally find profile links going against what you have read but I don't have the time to do this.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:00 PM
Blown_SC Blown_SC Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Blown_SC will become famous soon enoughBlown_SC will become famous soon enough
Deca is better for bulking... EQ is better for cutting...
The sides are about the same.. really up to you...
More bloat from Deca, but you get the benefit of lubed joints...
Old 09-28-2004, 07:09 PM
clix clix Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

clix is on a distinguished road
my first 2 cycles were deca and test and winny included on the second.

I got great gains in strrength and size. my last cycle was test and eq - I got decent gains and decent strength - I definately did not feel bloated - could still tie my shoes and breath normally.

its a trade bro - if you want something easier on you and about 10 pound gain - go for the eq - I recovered faster too - about 3 weeks I was ok. deca took about 6.

deca my gains were 20 punds each and I kept about 15 of each cycle.

I have only retained about 6 of the eq gains.

so its about the same percent retention but you get larger gains with the deca. I also like the fact that the deca offsets the drop in collagen that you get with test.

finally I can say my joints did feel a lot better and I have not been bothered by an old nagging college lacrosse injury since the first round.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:42 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 1,687 Times in 1,311 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Test is the best.