World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

Join worldclassbodybuilding

Join the #1 Bodybuilding Fitness Forum Today - It's Free!

Welcome to Bodybuilding Discussion Forums - Are you interested in Bodybuilding or Fitness? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for Fitness minded people to meet online. Just fellow bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts who enjoy talking about their lifestyle, their routines, and just everyday banter. We have Articles, knowledgable members, Questions and Answers that you might not find anywhere else, Steroid and Supplemnent Profiles, Routines, a Supplement Store and a lot more So no matter what your fitness background is, beit new to the fitness world or Professional athlete, you'll find that worldclassbodybuilding .com is a great community to join. Best of all it's free!

Join Worldclassbodybuilding - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Diet and Nutrition > Diet and Health > Diet - Fatloss Articles

WCBB Weekend Shoutbox

Old 01-22-2012, 12:38 PM

Thanked 1,834 Times in 1,576 Posts
millenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond repute
Lack of sleep might make you feel hungrier

Scientists are still trying to understand the full purpose of sleep. But we know one thing it’s probably good for: it may help keep you on that diet.

Researchers scanned the brains of 12 normal weight men, while they looked at images of high and low caloric food—after a night of normal sleep and then also a night without any sleep. After one night of zero sleep the scans showed a high level of activity in the area responsible for hunger, the right anterior cingulate cortex . Now, this response was independent of how hungry a subject claimed he was before scanning, as well as the caloric content associated with the food in the pictures.

Interestingly, after looking at the food images, subjects who went without sleep reported that they were hungrier than those who’d snoozed the night away. But blood glucose levels taken before the subjects were shown images of food were the same as those measured after.

So sleep loss resulted in what scientists call “hedonic stimulus processing”—they had a heightened desire to eat, independent of their blood glucose levels. Take home message: lack of sleep plus Food TV equals phony hunger. And probably real pounds.

—Christie Nicholson
Old 01-22-2012, 01:33 PM
tilltheend tilltheend Is Off Line
BANNED

tilltheend is just really nicetilltheend is just really nicetilltheend is just really nicetilltheend is just really nicetilltheend is just really nice
Good read thank you.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:41 PM
TommyD TommyD Is Off Line
Community Veteran

TommyD has a brilliant futureTommyD has a brilliant futureTommyD has a brilliant futureTommyD has a brilliant futureTommyD has a brilliant futureTommyD has a brilliant futureTommyD has a brilliant futureTommyD has a brilliant futureTommyD has a brilliant futureTommyD has a brilliant futureTommyD has a brilliant future
Lack of sleep DOES cause me to eat things I don't normally include in my diet. Makes will power go out the window.

I've had sleep issues for many, many years....the ONLY thing that works consistently for me and no hangover is pot....the only bad side I get from pot is the same as I get from lack of sleep.....opening my pie hole and stuffing it with my daughter's Pop-Tarts