World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

Join worldclassbodybuilding

Join the #1 Bodybuilding Fitness Forum Today - It's Free!

Welcome to Bodybuilding Discussion Forums - Are you interested in Bodybuilding or Fitness? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's the leading place for Fitness minded people to meet online. Just fellow bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts who enjoy talking about their lifestyle, their routines, and just everyday banter. We have Articles, knowledgable members, Questions and Answers that you might not find anywhere else, Steroid and Supplemnent Profiles, Routines, a Supplement Store and a lot more So no matter what your fitness background is, beit new to the fitness world or Professional athlete, you'll find that worldclassbodybuilding .com is a great community to join. Best of all it's free!

Join Worldclassbodybuilding - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Diet and Nutrition > Nutrition

WCBB Weekend Shoutbox

Old 12-19-2004, 09:27 PM
NECTARSYEM NECTARSYEM Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

NECTARSYEM is on a distinguished road
Peanut butter before gym?

A friend of mine told me to take a table spoon of peanut butter pre-workout. Anyone know why?
Old 12-20-2004, 08:30 AM
nmk85roll nmk85roll Is Off Line
Big Dog

nmk85roll has much to be proud ofnmk85roll has much to be proud ofnmk85roll has much to be proud ofnmk85roll has much to be proud ofnmk85roll has much to be proud ofnmk85roll has much to be proud ofnmk85roll has much to be proud ofnmk85roll has much to be proud ofnmk85roll has much to be proud ofnmk85roll has much to be proud ofnmk85roll has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by NECTARSYEM
A friend of mine told me to take a table spoon of peanut butter pre-workout. Anyone know why?
Cause someone told him to do it.

Peanutbutter is high in fat, doesn't give you any energy release for your workout. You are better off having some carbs before you workout instead of PB.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:29 PM
71olds442 71olds442 Is Off Line
Community Veteran

71olds442 is a splendid one to behold71olds442 is a splendid one to behold71olds442 is a splendid one to behold71olds442 is a splendid one to behold71olds442 is a splendid one to behold71olds442 is a splendid one to behold71olds442 is a splendid one to behold71olds442 is a splendid one to behold71olds442 is a splendid one to behold
its good fat. has a good amount of calories, SOME protein, low sugar. most of my daily fat intake is natural peanut butter. however, its not necessarily a good preworkout snack..
Old 12-21-2004, 02:48 PM
phenom01515 phenom01515 Is Off Line
Lifetime Member

phenom01515 road kill
plus it slows protein metabolism which is not what you want after a workout
Old 01-11-2005, 11:59 AM
Thaigrl Thaigrl Is Off Line
Respected X-Mod

Thaigrl will become famous soon enoughThaigrl will become famous soon enough
I eat peanut butter before my workouts. Just a little for stored fuel. It makes a huge difference for me. I will drop it close to comp time though.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:58 PM
LeanMeOut LeanMeOut Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

LeanMeOut is on a distinguished road
There is nothing wrong with eating peanut butter before your workout as long as you give it enough time to digest before hitting the gym.....I'd say wait atleast 90 minutes then go at the weights. Try to be sure there is atleast 2 1/2 hours between the peanut butter and your PWO shake (if you use one) so that the fat from the peanut butter is digested before you spike your insulin.