World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Diet and Nutrition > Diet and Health

Diet and Health Weight loss support forum for all diets. Fitness discussion forum for weight loss, discuss weight and food issues unique to the dietng

Old 01-17-2010, 10:59 AM
Svgeman Svgeman Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

Svgeman is a name known to allSvgeman is a name known to allSvgeman is a name known to allSvgeman is a name known to allSvgeman is a name known to allSvgeman is a name known to allSvgeman is a name known to all
HCG Diet info

My wife asked me about this , so I did a qiuck search on it .

HCG, Fat and Pregnancy

I detect some hCG.In 1927, researchers discovered that pregnant women's urine contained a substance not normally present outside of pregnancy: human chorionic gonadotropin, or hCG. This represented the first modern pregnancy test, and to this day, we still check urine for signs of hCG to determine pregnancy. Doctors also look at hCG levels (among other factors) in pregnant women to assess risk of birth defect.

HCG may play many roles, but one function it performs is guaranteeing that a developing fetus receives the calories and nutrients it needs to grow, nearly independent of the daily caloric intake of the pregnant woman in those early developmental months. How does it do this?

We aren't ravenous for fatty foods for no reason. Our bodies like to maximize caloric intake in case lean times are ahead. In the case of women, excess calories tend to wind up in "problem" areas such as the hips, buttocks, abdomen and thighs. However, once pregnant, fat from these areas is released in the presence of hCG, and this fat then makes its way to the fetus. This way, if a woman doesn't consume the nutrients needed for fetal growth, her fat reserves will suffice. (Structural fat, such as that found in the face or layered beneath the entire skin, isn't affected.)

HCG is produced by a woman early in her pregnancy, and levels of hCG in the bloodstream peak at around 14 weeks. After that, levels gradually decrease. HCG's presence in a pregnant woman seems to occur in the timeframe when a woman would be least likely to know she is pregnant, and therefore least likely (especially in ancient -- and leaner -- times in human history) to be consciously trying to secure nutrients to sustain a pregnancy.

Furthermore, hCG was soon found to be gonadotrophic, meaning that it prompts genital development, and was soon used as a treatment for boys experiencing a delay in adolescence or genital development due to disorders of the pituitary gland.

It was during research in the 1950s when one doctor, A.T.W. Simeons, noticed that boys being treated with hCG for underdeveloped gonads were also able to lose excess weight by eating much less without any accompanying hunger pangs. His interest in hCG soon shifted to its potential as a diet aid, and he published a paper touting its effects, as well as developing a dietary regimen for use of the drug as a weight-loss tool.

HCG and Weight Loss -- the Calorie Crash

Five hundred calories doesn't give you much to work with as far as dinner options go.Though subsequent hCG diets have tinkered with the elements, most programs hold pretty true to the original formed by Dr. Simeons.

Each round of treatment lasts a minimum of 26 days, and 23 of those days require a daily injection of hCG. Treatment may last as long as 43 days (with 40 injections), unless a patient loses 34 to 40 pounds (15 to 18 kilograms) before the allotted time has passed. Patients don't receive hCG injections for the last three days of any treatment period so that it can cycle completely out of their bodies before they resume a normal diet. (It also takes about three days for hCG's effects to "kick in.")

Why stop after 40 days? Simeons noted that subjects seemed to develop immunity to hCG after 40 days and required a six-week break from the diet to fully resensitize to it. Simeons recommended no more than four total treatments, separated by breaks.

In addition to receiving shots, dieters are instructed to cut their daily intake of calories to 500 a day, but not until after the third shot. Once the hCG is active in a dieter's body, its release of long-stored fat provides the body with the calories it needs to burn to get through a day (a day, it should be noted, without much exercise). As long as fat deposits are being released for use, the 500 daily calories being ingested is supposed to be enough to sustain the dieter without the crazy hunger pangs one would normally experience on a 500-calorie diet. Once a dieter drops the excess weight, the treatment must stop, because hCG only affects stored fat. Once that's used up, the body will quickly reject a self-imposed limit of 500 total daily calories.

What little food can be consumed is supposed to be high in protein and low in starches, carbohydrates and high-fat foods. Alcohol is forbidden, and updated versions of the diet sometimes include additional appetite suppressants, such as daily injections of phentermine or other stimulants.

Any thoughts ?

Old 01-17-2010, 11:05 AM

Thanked 4,419 Times in 2,933 Posts
~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute
It's a dangerous fad that no one should try. No magic pill bro.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:06 AM

Thanked 4,419 Times in 2,933 Posts
~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute~R~F~G~ has a reputation beyond repute
Also notice the diet? Low starch high protein? Add a little cardio and you'll lose weight without the hcg.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:32 PM
Worldclassbodybuilder

Svgeman is a name known to allSvgeman is a name known to allSvgeman is a name known to allSvgeman is a name known to allSvgeman is a name known to allSvgeman is a name known to allSvgeman is a name known to all
That's what I was thinking . It seems that the hcg only supresses the apetite . Who wouldn't loose "weight" on a 500 cal diet high in protien low in carbs .
Old 01-18-2010, 10:31 AM
any1uno any1uno Is Off Line
WCBB Official Female Thread INSPECTOR

any1uno has a reputation beyond reputeany1uno has a reputation beyond reputeany1uno has a reputation beyond reputeany1uno has a reputation beyond reputeany1uno has a reputation beyond reputeany1uno has a reputation beyond reputeany1uno has a reputation beyond reputeany1uno has a reputation beyond reputeany1uno has a reputation beyond reputeany1uno has a reputation beyond reputeany1uno has a reputation beyond repute
The diet was written about by Kevin Trudeau. I know a lady (OK..my stalker) who tried it and granted she did lose weight but...who wouldn't on a 500 cal diet! Tried my best to point that fact out to her but she wouldn't listen. Supposedly this diet is to retrain your body to burn fat for fuel instead of carbs...I called BS from the get go.

As ~R~F~G~ stated...proper diet and exercise and you have the same thing. People are always looking for an EZ solution.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Worldclassbodybuilder

Let's make sure there is no confusion . I am not considering this diet . I did a quick search on this forum and found no results , so I figured I would put something out there .
I understand the principle of the diet , but a keto diet will do the same thing .
Old 01-18-2010, 01:03 PM
any1uno any1uno Is Off Line
WCBB Official Female Thread INSPECTOR

any1uno has a reputation beyond reputeany1uno has a reputation beyond reputeany1uno has a reputation beyond reputeany1uno has a reputation beyond reputeany1uno has a reputation beyond reputeany1uno has a reputation beyond reputeany1uno has a reputation beyond reputeany1uno has a reputation beyond reputeany1uno has a reputation beyond reputeany1uno has a reputation beyond reputeany1uno has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't think you were looking at this as a solution. This one is geared more towards people who are overweight and looking for an EZ fix. We know you are dedicated.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:20 PM
Worldclassbodybuilder

thank you sir . (somewhat dedicated anyway) I'm a sucker for pecan pie , with the holidays and all .
Old 02-12-2010, 05:27 PM
NorthWestRider NorthWestRider Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

NorthWestRider is on a distinguished road
The Diet is for real. Its now look at as almost as evil as Riods as Doc can't seem to figure out why it works. Its been in Hollywood for some time But Get this, they tell them its simple B-12. Anyways I did a test because I love shit like this since its all based on underground science which is the only science I trust. When was the last time a pill made your cold go away? Yet no one calls out there Doctor and clam he is a fraud. Anyway I went a month only eating 500 to 1000 calories and lost 10 pounds. I hit the weight heavy to hold on to as mush muscle as possible but still lost 4 pounds of it. Then I did the HCG diet no weights and in 11 days lost 15 pounds. I felt like I was on DNP as my abs look better everyday! But I did feel like crap like the DNP made me feel like. Ran Body fat and it showed a drop in bodyfat of 6%

Well i'm hooked and will follow this up with a cycle of 10 weeks of Test and Tren and I'll be looking the best I've looked in 10 years. take it for what it is one guy saying it worked for him. No hate just the facts for me... Later hope someone else tries and tells how it worked for them.

Last edited by NorthWestRider; 02-12-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:07 PM
basskiller basskiller Is Off Line
Administrator

Thanked 19,385 Times in 11,276 Posts
basskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthWestRider View Post
The Diet is for real. Its now look at as almost as evil as Riods as Doc can't seem to figure out why it works. Its been in Hollywood for some time But Get this, they tell them its simple B-12. Anyways I did a test because I love shit like this since its all based on underground science which is the only science I trust. When was the last time a pill made your cold go away? Yet no one calls out there Doctor and clam he is a fraud. Anyway I went a month only eating 500 to 1000 calories and lost 10 pounds. I hit the weight heavy to hold on to as mush muscle as possible but still lost 4 pounds of it. Then I did the HCG diet no weights and in 11 days lost 15 pounds. I felt like I was on DNP as my abs look better everyday! But I did feel like crap like the DNP made me feel like. Ran Body fat and it showed a drop in bodyfat of 6%

Well i'm hooked and will follow this up with a cycle of 10 weeks of Test and Tren and I'll be looking the best I've looked in 10 years. take it for what it is one guy saying it worked for him. No hate just the facts for me... Later hope someone else tries and tells how it worked for them.
what exactly were you eating during the 500 calorie diet during the time you only lost 10 lbs?

W C B B Sponsors
Southern Sarms
Egg Whites International

.. Any advice given on this board is just an opinion and not to be taken as medical advice. WCBB doesn't advocate or condone use of steroids. Check the laws in your country. WCBB just provides the platform in which to discuss such matters